Views On Salvage Rights

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Salvage Rights (5 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about these Salvage Rights?

1. I could go for this. (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. I wouldn't want this. (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. I would do this differently(Explain) (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

The way how I would Salvage Rights works would be like this. When you win a battle, a list of the 12 enemy battlemechs will pop-up, asking you the mechs you want to salvage. When you are doing this, you are only taking mechs based on the enemy player's variant. You will not get their loadouts or take away the mechs that they have. For example, if I chose to salvage a Jagermech JM6-DD, I will only get the stock load instead of the 2 AC/20s paired on it. Based on the salvage rights of you contract, it will reflect the number of mechs you can get, along with the rarity that you might see these contracts again. However, if your Mechbays are full, you'll have to pay a fee to replace any existing mechs in your mechbay.

Salvage Rights
Excellent: 4 mechs- Very Rare
Good: 3 mechs- Rare
Average: 2 mechs- Common
Poor: 1 mech- Very Common
None:0 mechs- Very Common

Notes on Salvage Rights:
  • You will only salvage mechs from the enemy team
  • You cannot salvage special mechs (i.e Founders, Phoenix, Sarah's Jenner,Hero, etc).
  • Enemy players still keep their mechs and loadouts, you're only getting the mech's variant base on the player's mech.

Edited by Will9761, 18 December 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#2 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'd like to see Clan tech only available through salvage.

Match ends, the winners get a certain number of clan salvage items that their faction releases for bidding. The winners can then use their cbills to bid on the clan tech and add it to their garage. Doing well in the match might provide you with bonus cbills (multipliers on salvage rights only).

Occasionally, a stripped mech might drop... frantic bidding... then the long slog to earn the pieces to outfit the thing.

I'd LOVE this.

#3 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

We do not lose our stuff in this game. Therefore, no one can gain actual salvage from it.

The only salvage there will ever be is a C-Bill value based on what was destroyed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users