Nerfed Clan Mechs.....

71 replies to this topic

#1 AiJuan

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

I would like to say im a fan of the Clan mechs for design and capabilities, but reading what the developers are wanting to do to the Clan mechs makes it hard for me to like them at all(other than the way they look). I think there could be maybe no change the the Clan mechs tech(nerf) but maybe have them out numbered, like 6 Clanners Vs. 12 Inner Sphere mechs, or maybe Clan mechs get a way less of a score than Inner Sphere players. Just a thought...... I'm not the only one who agrees many of the people I play with say things like this ever since the details came out(not giving out names for the sake of privacy). I would like to know what the community thinks of this or what their opinion on the matter is.
Posted Image
This will most likely turn into this....
Posted Image
... Hmmm, Not really clan anymore.

Edited by AiJuan, 18 December 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#2 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

All the really need to do is make it so there's some sort of cash sink involved with being a clan mech.

Heck easiest solution is to make the cockpit hitbox on clan mechs way bigger than IS guass sniping a clanner would be awesome.

#3 StormDll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

[color=#959595]With an OmniMech, instead of buying a variant, you’ll buy a configuration. The Clans tend to designate their configurations as Prime and then A, B, C, D, etc. (e.g. Mad Cat A). Buying a configuration is much like buying a variant. You’ll get a Mech, the default weapons and equipment, and a set of hardpoints in each location. However, not only will you be able to customize the weapons and equipment, but you’ll also be able to customize the hardpoints. Once you own the Mech you’ll be able to swap out each location (e.g. head, left arm, right torso, etc) with that of another configuration. This allows you to change the hardpoints within that location.[/color]

[color=#959595]For example, let’s say that you purchase the imaginary OmniMech, the Irate Tapir. You decide to purchase the B configuration because its default loadout fits with your play style. However, it doesn’t have any missile hardpoints and you really want to be able to fit a Narc Beacon to help out your teammates with their LRMs. What you can do is swap out the B left arm, which has two ballistic hardpoints, for the left arm from the C configuration, which has a missile and an energy hardpoint.[/color]

[color="#959595"]Pyrahna nerfed clans mech allready.[/color]

#4 StormDll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

it's realy OmniMech?! Left hand from Timber A, right hand from Timber C, I have imba OmniMech?! And you tell me about clanmech nerf???

[color=#959595]This is the core of the Mech, with all the modular bits stripped out, and what remains cannot be customized at all. These include:[/color]
  • The engine type and rating
  • The number and placement of a minimum number of heatsinks
  • The amount and distribution of armor
  • The armor type and the location of any critical slots occupied by Ferro-Fibrous
  • The internal structure type and the location of any critical slots occupied by Endo Steel
  • Enhancements such as MASC
  • The occasional weapon or other piece of equipment (e.g. jump jets) that is included as part of the base configuration
[color=#CCCCCC]
[/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]
simple Spheriod mech more Omni, then this Pyranha Clan Omnimech!![/color]

#5 StormDll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Let's compare Adder vs Jenner.
Adder - 2 ERPPC - 30 heat = 50% heat scale, 10 DHS - 30 dmg(maybe). Top speed 97 km/h.
Jenner - 6 med las - 30 heat = 50% heat scale - 14 DHS - 30 dmg. Top speed 152 km/h.
You take imba Adder??

#6 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

You have locked internals, armor and heatsinks. That is the price you pay for near complete hardpoint freedom. Clan weapons are beyond overpowered. Without zell (which was even being abandoned in classic battletech) clan tech is extremely game breaking. Bringing it down to a level that doesn't invalidate inner sphere tech while still giving it a distinct flavour is both called for and necessary.

Argue about it all you want, but the nerf is coming and it is what it is.

#7 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

View PostStormDll, on 18 December 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Adder - 2 ERPPC - 30 heat = 50% heat scale, 10 DHS - 30 dmg(maybe). Top speed 97 km/h.
Jenner - 6 med las - 30 heat = 50% heat scale - 14 DHS - 30 dmg. Top speed 152 km/h.
You take imba Adder??

BIASED
the one is modified the second is stock
While we don't know about the numbers of HP (is a ER-PPC 1 or 2 HP?)
You can take the Adder D
2 SSRM 2; 1 Ultra 5 and a Large Laser

But to compare Stock with no stock
Who would take 2 AS7-D or DDC
when you can have a single Dire Wolf with 3 Gauss?

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 19 December 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

BIASED
the one is modified the second is stock
While we don't know about the numbers of HP (is a ER-PPC 1 or 2 HP?)
You can take the Adder D
2 SSRM 2; 1 Ultra 5 and a Large Laser

But to compare Stock with no stock
Who would take 2 AS7-D or DDC
when you can have a single Dire Wolf with 3 Gauss?

I am playing as a Lyran, So I would take a D-DC over a Dire Wolf. I picked my faction cause I like the toys. :)

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostStormDll, on 18 December 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

it's realy OmniMech?! Left hand from Timber A, right hand from Timber C, I have imba OmniMech?! And you tell me about clanmech nerf???

[color=#959595]This is the core of the Mech, with all the modular bits stripped out, and what remains cannot be customized at all. These include:[/color]
  • The armor type and the location of any critical slots occupied by Ferro-Fibrous
  • The internal structure type and the location of any critical slots occupied by Endo Steel
  • The occasional weapon or other piece of equipment (e.g. jump jets) that is included as part of the base configuration

[color=#CCCCCC]simple Spheriod mech more Omni, then this Pyranha Clan Omnimech!![/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]
[/color]

This IS an OmniMech... :)

#10 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

Glad I spent money on war thunder for Christmas instead of these "packages", enjoy your nerfed clan mechs guys. Go grab deal and buy your gold mech on the way out. Don't worry, you'll be blowing each other up over red boxes in your six or seven maps by June in no time... and it'll be 12v12 don't worry cause you know putting in battle values and doing say a star of clan mechs vs two lances of IS mechs would admit there is no CW and match maker is broken and doing something to fix it would be more then minimally viable. End game when people say they want an Adder that'll run more then 105kph will be mixed tech, death match...have fun. GG guys... and don't forget to Grab deal.

Edited by MrWhite, 19 December 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#11 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostMrWhite, on 19 December 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Glad I spent money on war thunder for Christmas instead of these "packages", enjoy your nerfed clan mechs guys. Go grab deal and buy your gold mech on the way out. Don't worry, you'll be blowing each other up over red boxes in your six or seven maps by June in no time... and it'll be 12v12 don't worry cause you know putting in battle values and doing say a star of clan mechs vs two lances of IS mechs would admit there is no CW and match maker is broken and doing something to fix it would be more then minimally viable. End game when people say they want an Adder that'll run more then 105kph will be mixed tech, death match...have fun. GG guys... and don't forget to Grab deal.

Useless input is useless.

View PostStormDll, on 18 December 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

[color=#CCCCCC]simple Spheriod mech more Omni, then this Pyranha Clan Omnimech!![/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]

Last I checked that was an omnimech, yes.

Edited by KelesK, 19 December 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostKelesK, on 19 December 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

Last I checked that was an omnimech, yes.

Maybe someone just thinks OmniMechs are those he played with in MW4.. :)

#13 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

You have locked internals, armor and heatsinks. That is the price you pay for near complete hardpoint freedom. Clan weapons are beyond overpowered. Without zell (which was even being abandoned in classic battletech) clan tech is extremely game breaking. Bringing it down to a level that doesn't invalidate inner sphere tech while still giving it a distinct flavour is both called for and necessary.

Argue about it all you want, but the nerf is coming and it is what it is.

The problem is with the changes proposed IS mechs will be more configurable than Clan Omni's, and as a result will in a lot of cases make IS mechs vastly superior to Clan mechs yet the Clan mechs are still going to cost 3x as much. While the weapons are generally better than their IS counterparts the Clan weapons are losing most of their range advantage and in the case of lasers that have more damage they also have longer beam duration which negates some of that increased damage. Let us also not forget they intend to further increase the heat on pretty much all Clan weapons, which means all that extra firepower you can load onto a Clan mech will be that much harder to actually use.

Edited by WarHippy, 19 December 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 December 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

The problem is with the changes proposed IS mechs will be more configurable than Clan Omni's, and as a result will in a lot of cases make IS mechs vastly superior to Clan mechs yet the Clan mechs are still going to cost 3x as much. While the weapons are generally better than their IS counterparts the Clan weapons are losing most of their range advantage and in the case of lasers that have more damage they also have longer beam duration which negates some of that increased damage. Let us also not forget they intend to further increase the heat on pretty much all Clan weapons, which means all that extra firepower you can load onto a Clan mech will be that much harder to actually use.

And this is what will discourage "tech boys" to go Clan and encourage crying Spheroid to stop their tears of rage :')

#15 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 19 December 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

And this is what will discourage "tech boys" to go Clan and encourage crying Spheroid to stop their tears of rage :')

It will discourage most people from playing Clan period, and will only cause rage for a different set of players instead of Spheroid purist. Seems like a waste of everyone's time.

#16 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 December 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

Let us also not forget they intend to further increase the heat on pretty much all Clan weapons, which means all that extra firepower you can load onto a Clan mech will be that much harder to actually use.

Depends. You can add more heatsinks due to them taking only two slots. And we have no word on the heat capacity of Clan-DHS in MWO yet. Just imagine they would be true DOUBLE heatsinks...

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 19 December 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#17 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 December 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Depends. You can add more heatsinks due to them taking only two slots. And we have no word on the heat capacity of Clan-DHS in MWO yet. Just imagine they would be true DOUBLE heatsinks...

When Paul says things like "much more heat" I have very little hope we will be able to add enough to compensate. As for the heat capacity they will keep it at 1.4 because they can use the same justification for not allowing true doubles for clans that they used for not allowing true doubles for IS.

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

I want also to underline that "these are early designs" phrase. We do not know yet how many things will be implemented so we shall wait before hating PGI for the nerfed Clan 'Mechs. I actually like that they are trying to keep the feel of the OmniMechs (i was sure they would just trow out everything and make them standard BattleMechs!).

Besides, masses raged for Clan tech being OP and the need of a heavy nerf and now what? People is complaining about it being nerfed..? If i was a member of PGI i would have started getting crazy around the end of Closed Beta -_-

If they can make sure that there is no massive flow of players to the Clans leaving the Successor States with only a handful loyal warriors without destroying the concept of OmniMech and the Clan military organization then i would be fine.

The best for me would be that only the "true" Clanners who loved them in the novels, in the tabletop or in MechWarrior 2/3/4 should be willing to join a Clan :)

#19 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 19 December 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

I want also to underline that "these are early designs" phrase. We do not know yet how many things will be implemented so we shall wait before hating PGI for the nerfed Clan 'Mechs. I actually like that they are trying to keep the feel of the OmniMechs (i was sure they would just trow out everything and make them standard BattleMechs!).
I'm not hating on PGI, but I am pointing out flaws in their current design thoughts because waiting until they have locked in their choices to give input will be too late to change them. The problem right now is that while they are sort of adhering to what Omni-mechs are they are not adhering to what Battlemechs are, which is why in many cases it looks like IS mechs are going to be much better at a third of the cost.

Besides, masses raged for Clan tech being OP and the need of a heavy nerf and now what? People is complaining about it being nerfed..? If i was a member of PGI i would have started getting crazy around the end of Closed Beta -_-
Yes, a bunch of people who have always hated the Clans raged about getting them nerfed, and now we have people on the other side complaining for the opposite not exactly surprising.

If they can make sure that there is no massive flow of players to the Clans leaving the Successor States with only a handful loyal warriors without destroying the concept of OmniMech and the Clan military organization then i would be fine.
I would be fine with it as well so long as there is a reason to actually pilot both sides, but right now I see little reason to bother with Clan mechs and that is sad.

The best for me would be that only the "true" Clanners who loved them in the novels, in the tabletop or in MechWarrior 2/3/4 should be willing to join a Clan :)
As someone who loved them in all of those things as well as loved the IS side of things I see no reason to join a Clan as currently presented.

#20 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

I guess PGI frogot jump jets are pod's/omni as well..

View PostStormDll, on 18 December 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

You take imba Adder??

you frogot the adder has a flamer to. Don't forget about the flamer, it always has one - it HAS to have one, because its hard wired and can't be removed(you know like how all IS tech should technically be?). lol

Edited by Ashnod, 19 December 2013 - 09:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users