5 replies to this topic

#1 GenOrtega

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

From a Premium Time perspective:

What is the big league in earnings per game mode session to gauge how you are doing with your efforts, mech and skills?

Has someone looked into this? Is there a site or doc on the net to view?

I take it that there is a difference in what you earn per game mode session depending on the mech size that you pilot and the type of mode you play in?

What is the most profitable mechsize and play mode then to play in to grind the best C-Bill rates?

It would be nice to get some info on this as I see this as a good marker on your success as a mech pilot in the game (we are mostly mercenaries after all ^^) along with the rate of xp you can generate per session.

Any ideas and info on this would be interesting to get some sort of picture of how successful good mech pilots are for me and no doubt others out there wondering the same thing. :)

#2 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

I find I earn more in Conquest in general because of the bonus for the resource collector, but some of that might be a combination of running a lot of lights early (where Conquest is a better earner often), and being prior to a nerf on the loser's resources. Last I checked, it was still 10K more a match on average over 2000 matches)

Sadly, skirmish isn't keeping stats.

#3 Lochiel

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostGenOrtega, on 19 December 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Questions

From a newish player (1 month) perspective.

What is the big league in earnings per game mode session to gauge how you are doing with your efforts, mech and skills?

100k - 200k. 100k is the minimum I expect from a match running a familiar mech. When I get below 100k, I either need to evaluate my actions, or I'm trying something new.

Has someone looked into this? Is there a site or doc on the net to view?

I too would like to know.

I take it that there is a difference in what you earn per game mode session depending on the mech size that you pilot and the type of mode you play in?

Not that I have noticed. Size of the mech is less important than gamemode. I believe that Conquest gives additional C-Bills based on resource gain.

What is the most profitable mechsize and play mode then to play in to grind the best C-Bill rates?

For me, my light (Raven 4X) and my heavy (Muromets) are my grinders. My Raven gives me more consistent numbers because of my familiarity with it and it's surviability. I expect every match with my 4X to net me 150k. The Muromets gives me the largest numbers because of its 30% Cbill bonus and it's high damage. I can get 200k+ with the Muromets, but I can also get wiped out early and barely break 100k.

Any ideas and info on this would be interesting to get some sort of picture of how successful good mech pilots are for me and no doubt others out there wondering the same thing. :)

Again, from a new player perspective; I suggest Premium Time and specializing in a mech. PT's CBill bonus is huge. By specializing in a mech you will be getting the satisfaction of getting better at something and spend less CBills doing it. I do not recommend getting a Hero Mech (like the Muromets) out of the box. Only get a Hero Mech for a frame that you already enjoy, and would enjoy playing even if it didn't have that CBill bonus. If you aren't playing a Hero Mech because you don't enjoy it, then you aren't getting the CBill bonus.

(Disclaimer: These numbers are based on my experiences, not any actual analysis. As such, they are probably victim of my humanity)

Edited by C Lochiel, 19 December 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#4 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

I run with premium time and most of the time with heros as well. My average earnings range between 100,000 to 250,000 with the low end being a normal mech that I am not really used to and the high end being a hero that I have played 200+ games in.

I find there is not much difference in terms of earnings between the matches, I would say if you find yourself doing better/winning more in a specific game mode, you should stick to that. But if you really want to boost c-bill earnings you should take note on the various bonuses that are applied through ingame actions.

Assault Game Mode
  • Win/Loss/Tie = 25,000
  • Team Kill = -10,000 * how many teammates you have killed
  • Component Destroyed = 2,500 * how many components you have destroyed
  • Enemy Kill = 5,000 * how many enemies you have killed
  • Enemy Kill Assist =7,500 * how many kill assists you got in the match
  • Spotting Assist = 2,500 * how many spotting assists you got in the match
  • TAG/Narc Assist = 2,500 * how many TAG/Narc assists you got in the game
  • Damage Done = 25 * how much damage you did in the match
  • Savior Kill = 7,500 * each criticaly wounded teammate that enemy attacked within the last 10 seconds.
  • Defensive Kill = 7,500 * each enemy killed that is currently capping a base
Conquest Game Mode
  • Win/Loss/Tie = 25,000
  • Team Kill = -10,000 * how many teammates you have killed
  • Component Destroyed = 1,250 * how many components you have destroyed
  • Enemy Kill = 2,500 * how many enemies you have killed
  • Enemy Kill Assist = 3,750 * how many assist you got in the game
  • Spotting Assist = 1,250 * how many spotting assist you got in the game
  • TAG/Narc Assist = 1,250 * how many TAG/Narc assists you got in the game
  • Damage Done = 25 * how much damage you did in the game
  • Resource Bonus = 50 * how many resources you have collected
  • Savior Kill = 7,500 * each criticaly wounded teammate that enemy attacked within the last 10 seconds.
  • Defensive Kill = 7,500 * each enemy killed that is currently capping a base
As you can see from the bonuses, if you are better at killing mechs you should play Assault and if you are better at capping people out you should play conquest. The ones that I cannot stress the most are kill assists, component distruction, defensive kills and saviour kills. If you are mindful of these bonuses you can vastly increase your income. Also you get the bonuses for savior kills and such even if you only get an assist on the kill so there is no need to worry about needing to get multiple kills to have good earnings. The best game I ever had was in my Dragon Slayer and because of almost 50,000 of saviour kills and 65,000 in Kill Assists I was able to push close to 350,000 in that game. https://twitter.com/...7705984/photo/1

TL:DR;
  • Shoot everything for kill assists
  • Focus on enemies that are attacking your teamates for saviour kills
  • Blow off arms, legs, and torsos for additional damage and component distruction.
  • Wait until enemies are on your cap before you put them down.
  • ???
  • Profit

Edited by Kanajashi, 19 December 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Many used to earn more per match i conq due to resource caps and more importantly because you cannot lose to base cap in the first minutes....you always got a fight of some kind.

I suspect skirmish may take over from that...time will tell.

#6 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

BAP for counter ECM bonus and TAG can rack up the bonus Cbills as well. I've noticed about and additional 10-20k addition per match from those in my brawlers.

Edited by QuackAttack, 19 December 2013 - 10:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users