155 replies to this topic

#41 Lsq78

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostGreat Sharpinski, on 07 August 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

I saw a Direwolf with four ac lbx-10 cannons in the game.awesome. I want to know what variant supports the build and will it be available for MC soon?

Every variant supports the build with the way omnipods work. There's a calendar for MC and C-Bill availability, it should be november-ish or something.
I run mine with 4 UAC-5 in the side torsos, 2 UAC-2 with 2 tons of ammo, 4 C-ERML and the rest is UAC-5 ammo. Some people run 6-UAC-5 builds, but that's enough dakka for me, and I like having lasers to fall back to. It wrecks faces and eats ATLAS CT's for breakfast, if they have the misfortune to pop in front of me.

#42 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

I saw a Direwolf with four ac lbx-10 cannons in the game.awesome. I want to know what variant supports the build and will it be available for MC soon?

OmniMechs work by giving you "pods" that can switch your hardpoints and related quirks.

In this case, the DWF-B side torsos give you two Ballistic hardpoints each. The DWF-PRIME arms give you 1 ballistic and four energy each.

Using these, you can put one LB-10X in each hit-location and do the same sort of Annihilator build that you saw. B)

-----

@thread: My go-to Dire Wolf build is a simple B variant I refer to as the Dire Pickle.

Each arm: ERPPC, SPL, ERSL
Each side torso: UAC/10 and ammo
Center torso: ERSL, Active Probe

All five small lasers are grouped, giving me an extra short-range punch at relatively little heat gen.

Edited by Sandslice, 10 August 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#43 Temptis

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

it looks cool on paper but i tried it and it lacks punch.

UAC5 are to OP atm to not use them in every balistic slot.

#44 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostTemptis, on 12 August 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

it looks cool on paper but i tried it and it lacks punch.

UAC5 are to OP atm to not use them in every balistic slot.

I personally enjoy using a Dire Wolf with 6 LB-2 X's. Which lacks even more punch but is ridiculously fun to pilot. :wacko:
Best part of it is just raining bullets at extreme range to annoy people. Sure, the damage at that range is negligible, but not everyone is aware of that... :D

#45 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

PRIME: 2x UAC10 / 6xERML / 1x GG

DWF A: 2x ERPPC / 2x GG / 4x MG (I dont care about nerfs, its still fun :D )

DWF B: 1x LBX20 / 2x ERPPC / 2x ERLL / 1x MPL / 1x AMS

Edited by DrSlamastika, 14 August 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#46 Bill Shakespear

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

I've been having some success with this build...

2 x Gauss (nasty nasty business these)
1 x LPL
4 x ER Meds
1 x LB5-X (kind of a throwaway weapon, but it is convenient when things get hot!)

Bill's DWF-B

I will probably end up swapping the B right arm for the A, and putting two LPLs there instead of the LB5. The extra arm articulation would be nice.

#47 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

2xGR/6xML pinpoint pain.

#48 Verrue

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

Even better :

3 Gauss
6 ERmed
1 target complvl1 (for the 7% critic)

Put both torso from B model, prime left arm and A variant right arm.

Activate lower arm actuator in rigth arm for lateral arm movements(handy in close range)

Edited by Verrue, 20 August 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#49 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

very hard to run a balanced setup in a dire wolf. almost requires u to focus on 1 combat aspect and sacrifice the rest.

love dual gauss, er lrg lasers, lrg pulse lasers, but u dont turn for crap. ur a long range turret. go dforbid if u get tag teamed by a pair of lights that know what they are doing.

another route...massive small and medium laser spam. seen enough of these around, 8x med lasers coring out torso's. problem is...how to manage all that heat...2 shots and your shut down...then ur just a nice big target.

dakka wolf...can be fun. UAC2's or 5's, but soooo ammo dependent. keeps everyone except lights juggled, unless u chain fire when u see a light running around.

either ur a long range build, or a short range build. either u do massive alpha strike damage, or u chew away at a decent pace. its got massive weapon customization potential, but what to do with all that heat? hope u have practiced heat management.

#50 GXMan

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f78b3a3d0514067

this is a lot of fun :)

Edited by GXMan, 25 August 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#51 Temptis

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostGXMan, on 25 August 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

oh crap, it's a King Crab.

#52 GXMan

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostTemptis, on 25 August 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

oh crap, it's a King Crab.

That was my inspiration!

#53 abacs21

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:25 AM

Alright guys, dumb question here. I bought the Prime version and no matter how I put my weapons, armor and heatsinks, I always top out at about 92 tonnage, and it won't let me switch out the double heat sinks for regular ones, it says "not upgradable". It won't let me upgrade anything else other than the Artemis guidance system, but obviously it is the heat sinks that I wanted to swap out to get some slots in return.
Can someone help me with that?

#54 Flushot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

View Postabacs21, on 07 September 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

Alright guys, dumb question here. I bought the Prime version and no matter how I put my weapons, armor and heatsinks, I always top out at about 92 tonnage, and it won't let me switch out the double heat sinks for regular ones, it says "not upgradable". It won't let me upgrade anything else other than the Artemis guidance system, but obviously it is the heat sinks that I wanted to swap out to get some slots in return. Can someone help me with that?

You can't change any of the upgrades other than Artemis on Clan mechs. And yes, the Dire Wolf is the rare mech where you can pretty easily fill your slots without hitting max tonnage.

To the OP my personal favorite build at the moment is...

DWF-PRIME - 2 Guass, 2 ERLL, 4 MPL (or you can swap the ERLLs for another 4 MPL) those 4 MPLs at a time just melt components off of mechs, specially with the dual guass to open stuff up for you.

#55 abacs21

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostFlushot, on 07 September 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

You can't change any of the upgrades other than Artemis on Clan mechs. And yes, the Dire Wolf is the rare mech where you can pretty easily fill your slots without hitting max tonnage.

To the OP my personal favorite build at the moment is...

DWF-PRIME - 2 Guass, 2 ERLL, 4 MPL (or you can swap the ERLLs for another 4 MPL) those 4 MPLs at a time just melt components off of mechs, specially with the dual guass to open stuff up for you.

Well, atleast you gave a link to a good build that I'll try out. Thanks!

#56 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

Post energy nerf, I'm seeing a lot more builds focusing on ballistics than before, and seems to be more swapping to large lasers for the range aspect. dual gauss and quad large lasers seem to be the play of the day for many.

#57 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

Loving my Dire Wolf B with:

4 x CERLL grouped but chain fired
2 x Cgauss
max armor, extra DHS, CAP + Mk1 TC

It just seems to melt right through the CT. My prime with 2 x ERPPC 2 x Gauss just doesn't do as good and I haven't found anything I liked with the A yet.

#58 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Also putting the Dire Wolf "A" right arm on the other two variants is HUGE.....that 1 lower arm actuator makes a massive difference.

I'm running something I like on my "A" variant now too:

3 x CERLL chain fire
1 x Gauss in the other arm
2 x Artemis LRM 15 in LT depending on the situation I chain fire these too to maximize the "rocked" effect
AMS

Edited by Kain Thul, 14 September 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#59 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

Build 1

3 large Pulse Lasers, 2 x Gauss

Build 2

5 x UAC 5, 4 med ER Laser , Targeting Computer

Kitchen Sink Build

2 x Gauss Rifle, 3 x ER Med, 35 LRMs

#60 kingalbertII