• The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFairyland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Just on time,

here's my future Griffin-1N loadout I wanted to share with you:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...76c9e60ed2e7c28

Designed for maximum agility (350XL, 113kph) and extended fly by shooting ability (7JJs & 2ErPPCs). It will certainly run hot when alpha striking, but hey everyone is permitted to their personal style of fun and I like it that way.

I have had a similar build for my SHD-5M:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...87a990d5cbd6908
which I enjoyed for its ability to land on pretty much the highest rooftops in the game. Will see what those two additional JJ's in the GRF-1N will provide me with.

Thoughts, questions anyone?

See you on the battle field sometime soon. Watch out for PPC dust from the Tooth Fairy.

#2 1lostsoul

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

nice sniper build would be nicer if it had a high shoulder mounted laser hard point. as long as you can keep your self from ending up in brawling range you are safe just don't overheat or they might catch up.

here is my Idea for a build have to wait till the are out for cbills though

GRF-1N

has a nasty brawling punch with the srms can snipe with the erppc(might make it just a ppc will have to see) for those who have gotten all 3 variants one should have a xl275 which you can use in place of my xl280

use my ppc till I can get in close and use my srms to open the enemy up with 2 med lasers to finish them off. all while having 5 jumpjets and moving over 80km. I need to be even more heat aware than you while doing this but this thing throws a punch should I get close.

Edited by 1lostsoul, 17 December 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#3 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostTooth Fairy, on 16 December 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Thoughts, questions anyone?

Really, looks like every poptart build ever. Not trying to be an arse, but it does.

#4 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostTooth Fairy, on 16 December 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

that's not how you actually intend to place your armor, is it?

#5 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

I decided to go the simpler route. Play the GRF the way it gets played in tabletop. You circle around the outside of the battle, popping off shots from max range. Chain-fire your LRMs to make them keep their heads down.

You're not going to get many kills, but you'll do 300-400 damage per game if your team can keep the enemy's attention.

GRF-1N

#6 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

Why in all of your builds you put armor in this useless left arm?????

You can put an other DHS with the free tonnage of this useless armor...

And if you are a jumping sniper you really don't need this armor, you just have to hide behind hills when you get shot...

I think a sniper GRF should use LRM with Er PPC too, it's a good second weapon, and you have enough energy slots to put a TAG.

But i still prefer my Kintaro =P

More missiles (but not JJ).

Edited by Aleski, 18 December 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#7 Sandra McCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

LMR one works not bad indeed - just tested it last night. But tag and/or artemis would help there.

#8 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:11 AM

That will be blown to bits by pretty much everything unless of course it overheats itself to death first. And you do not need that many Jump Jets.

Fixed

Although if you are desperate for an AMS and something that can protect you at close range, you may want to consider this. Not that you should be getting close with that thing.

#9 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostAleski, on 18 December 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

Why in all of your builds you put armor in this useless left arm?????

You can put an other DHS with the free tonnage of this useless armor...

And if you are a jumping sniper you really don't need this armor, you just have to hide behind hills when you get shot...

I think a sniper GRF should use LRM with Er PPC too, it's a good second weapon, and you have enough energy slots to put a TAG.

But i still prefer my Kintaro =P

More missiles (but not JJ).

The left arm is used entirely as a shield. When the enemy notices you, you back up and twist your torso all the way to the right until you can break line of sight.

#10 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 18 December 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

The left arm is used entirely as a shield. When the enemy notices you, you back up and twist your torso all the way to the right until you can break line of sight.

Yeah, I agree.
If you want that shield arm to be able to take a few hits for you, placing armour in it is the way to go.

J2L

#11 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

fewer jump jets. Play around with it, usually a single jump jet works.

#12 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:56 PM

Wouldnt the 3m be better suited for what you want? since the hard points are more spread out and the chest energy slot being slightly higher? least that way if your arm gets taken out you will be able to use 1 other ppc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users