14 replies to this topic

#1 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hello, I just wanted to ask you guys what do you think of this CTF 1X build http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5e4e23bf12d0649 Thanks for you comments!

#2 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

It's, ok I guess. The 1X is tough for me, I prefer dual ballistics.

#3 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

I would:

Drop some Gauss Ammo and put the remaining amount in the Torso with the Gauss Rifle. Drop the AMS and ammo (2 tons is a bit much you probably won't cook through all that), drop some leg weight and move the ER's to the Arms and add another ER to the other torso from the Gauss Rifle.

CTF-1X

If it works for you or you have deep pockets and add some Ferro for more ammo. Mastery will help with the speed a bit, I personally prefer an AC/20, 5 Med Lasers, and speed (XL engine). I guess you are looking more for a sniper build.

Edited by Nakamura Takeshi, 19 December 2013 - 08:33 AM.

#4 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

in my opinion it is weak, because there is another mech that can do that role (laser-gausser) better than this mech: you can have an hgn 732 with xl 325 that mounts 1 gauss 3 er lglas and 3 srm 4 artemis............

for the ctf 1x you should try xl 325, 2 lglas 1 lb10xac and 3 mdlas, use it as a fast mech medium range attacker.

for the long range ctf use the ctf 4x with 4 ac 5 or my favourite mech af all MechWarrior: the ctf 3d

ctf 3d
xl engine 280
jj
4 mdlaser
2 gauss (70)ammo
1.3 heat eff

#5 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

2 tons of AMS ammo is always a waste. I would drop 1t and the heat sink for 2 ML to use when the bugs are buzzing around you.

#6 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

Take this. 1 less ton AMS ammo, added FF, striped some arm armor. This allowed for a bigger engine and some medium lasers as backup close-range pest deterrent. Also moved the ammo for better crit-padding.

Edited by Modo44, 19 December 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#7 Sandra McCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:39 AM

Welcome!
Well I would say that this kind of build would work better on a jumping 3D, and may be more gauss ammo - it's been a while since i wielded gauss. But that's not what you are asking right?
There are some technical issues with your build:
AMS ammo - a bit too much.
Double heatsink is not required but if you want it - put it in the engine, that way you can potentially free slots for FF and tonnage for remaining armour.
Armour itself - you can easily strip head down to 8-10, and put it back on the legs.
Besides I would acutally drop that DHS really and that ams ammo and put in bigger engine.

Comments on other mechs and better are all good but require vast investments. However I would rather go with mls or mpls. 1x is an energy boat afterall - so i would use it. Other than that - your build is not terrible.

P.S. Oh yes - gauss ammo does not explode - so move it into torsos. AMS on the other hand does - so that goes into the head.

Edited by Sandro Mc, 19 December 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#8 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...96d5da8f092097f This is my new build. What do you think about this one?

#9 Sandra McCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fb8ac6cde6b6d2e again just a wee tweak. I like it better indeed, but careful - it's hot.

Edited by Sandro Mc, 19 December 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#10 white0Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

AC/20 5xML
CTF-1X

The Allrounder
CTF-1X

Laser Boat
CTF-1X

Gauss in big side torso ? a robust AC is a better choice !

Edited by white0Fox, 21 December 2013 - 05:42 AM.

#11 maddog6707

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

I would do an AC20 and 5 ML. Good old fashion brawler that can really dish out the pain.

#12 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

View Postmaddog6707, on 21 December 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

I would do an AC20 and 5 ML. Good old fashion brawler that can really dish out the pain.

This is what I usually run. Pretty solid build with manageable heat if you break up firing the torso/arm mounted lasers.

#13 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

Never run that build. Only mech that uses Gauss is the 3D with 2Gauss and ERPPC.
But AC-20 and 5MPLs(No one uses MPLs, so go with ML) is nice. (last time i used it i killed an AC-20 raven who was picking on me)
Right now it has AC-20. ERPPC and 4ML.

As a Phract pilot i like the 1X. You can do allot with it. Like how it has 2 energy in one arm. You can have 2LL or 2PPCs in there. Or if you doing rige humping you can have those PPCs in the side torsos. In the before time i had 5LPLs on it, but we all know what happend :D

And a comment on your build:

Why not XL, you are aiming for long range as i can tell, you could pack even more LLs and stuff.
+When that gauss goes you are dead anyway, unless you case it.
+ if you are not using those arms for anything i would drop the amor on them to zero and use that tonnage for MOAR FIREPOWER.
+ I would probobly drop head armour to zero too.

I need to add something else:
See that energy point in there with the gauss, put TAG in there and use it as a laser sight. Same fireing button as gauss, so when you hold to charge your gauss youll use the laser sight to help you guide your shot, to make sure it doesnt hit the terrain, building, and if you dont see your target the reticle with turn red and tell you enemy is there ;)

Edited by Turist0AT, 30 December 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#14 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for your help, now I am using the brawler build with AC20 and 5xMlas.But I kinda feel like it nees some long-range weaponry... Guess I just have to get used to it. Thanks again! ;)

#15 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Range, you say?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d34127e5759eb60

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...faf3c472bc32cca

Regular AC'5's will allow an extra heat sink crit & ton.

Edited by The Unknown Pilot, 05 January 2014 - 01:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users