Very impressive.

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

You have my sympathies for having suffered through bought the Xbox then :)
I (still) have mech2:31st, 3 and all of 4... MC2, MA:PW and just got Mech2:M.
Played the other MA games on a friends Xbox...
Always forget about the CH games... :lol:

#3 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

played most of them. lots of fun at the time.

#4 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

Great list, but you forgot MW3: pirate's moon (1999):

#5 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Such fond memories, I've played almost all those games, except the first 3 and the xbox ones. I feel sad that I missed out on the first 3, although I don't really feel sad that I missed the mechassault ones but from what I've heard they were fun. Out of them Mechwarrior 3050 for the SNES was the only one I didn't absolutely love, it was just ok.

#6 ReaperV

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

The irony of this thread is that it ends with MWO which completely removed the very core of MW games and limited it to be just a TDM game with mechs. ALL of the previous MW games had missions to do, and that is something that I expected as a minimum from MWO... but with multiplayer, of course. Removing the missions from a game that was centered around completing objectives in different environments and different loadouts, not to mention with Assault mechs being the ultimate end-game content (with Clan mechs being the advanced versions that provided additional punch for their respective levels, but requiring additional credits to get there), and you end-up with a game about as entertaining as any other TDM MMO game with a very niche market of those people that like robots for the sake of robots... being one of those people, there are still other games that I think handle the TDM aspect better, so hence why I have been hibernating since CBT.

So yeah, I find it ironic that the last evolution of the game is more of a devolution in terms of content... although it IS much prettier >_>...

With all disappointment aside, my first MW game was actually a MW2 demo, followed shortly by the MW2 Mercenaries Enhanced Edition that came with the very first Sony Vaio desktop... at the time with a very impressive 4MB integrated graphics card lol. I looped-back to the original MW and MW2, but obviously after experiencing the glory of colored 3D textures and lighting effects from my lasers, I remember the games as being difficult to play. I did manage to play every other console and PC version of the game after that, though... with all expansions. Yes, I consider myself a fanboy of the franchise.

Edited by ReaperV, 23 December 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#7 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

You're forgetting MechWarrior: Living Legends...

Edited by Raven IIC, 23 December 2013 - 05:16 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users