2 replies to this topic

#1 SpartanFiredog317

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 176 posts
  • LocationMighty MO

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

*Yes its a repost from Upcoming Features, but I think important* Its time to Scrap the promise/premise of Community Warfare and the timeline until PGI are actually play testing it.

In the meantime I believe the solution to I.S. having Clan Mechs and Allowing Clans to participate 12 V 12... Call this game MechWarrior Online: Solaris.

Scrap the timeline, it cannot be maintained and has no meaning until they have a map and planets to fight over anyway.

The concept here is the matches we play now are X years ahead of the future CW timeline in a specific Solaris Mechwarrior tournament ruleset that allows for all of the things that will ludicrisouly break traditional battletech... They have the capability for contests/tournaments already... so it would be nothing to have 'seasons' with particular goals that last a couple weeks or so... Complete with leaderboards and gimmick prizes. This throws a bone at people who want to fight over more than C-Bills .... and puts our matches now in a conceptual spacetime bubble so the lore purists don't have heart attacks.

Then when CW rolls around they can just make a different que.

Whaddya think?

#2 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:37 AM

Well I think Solaris should have its own maps and alot of its own character rather than the maps currently available. The announcer from MW 4 or similar is a must also. Wouldnt want that announcer for all the maps either just Solaris. Solaris should be a proper expansion.

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 December 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Well I think Solaris should have its own maps and alot of its own character rather than the maps currently available. The announcer from MW 4 or similar is a must also. Wouldnt want that announcer for all the maps either just Solaris. Solaris should be a proper expansion.

yeah, keep the original duncan fisher, would make solaris epic! :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users