#1 xhrit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 976 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation Zone

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Cramped Cockpit
Reflecting a poorly designed cockpit, this Quirk subjects a unit to the same penalties as a Small Cockpit, but the actual weight and critical slots occupied by the cockpit are those of a standard cockpit.
Applicable to: Locust 1V(p)

Hard to Pilot
The Hard to Pilot Quirk indicates that the pilots, crew or MechWarrior of the affected unit suffer a target number penalty for all Piloting or Driving Skill Rolls because the unit is inherently difficult to pilot.
Applicable to: 3rd person view

No Ejection Mechanism
The No Ejection Mechanism Quirk indicates that the unit in question lacks any form of emergency escape or ejection system, and as a result the pilot can't escape or abandon the unit.
Applicable to: All mechs

No Cooling Jacket
Weapons marked as having this Quirk lack the standard cooling jacket normally applied to such weapons, and as such will generate more heat when fired compared to their correctly-cooled counterparts.
Applicable to: All weapons (Ghost Heat)

Inaccurate Weapon
This Quirk can be taken by a unit more than once, provided that it is applied to a different weapon or weapons bay each time. The affected weapon or bay is less accurate than normal, which translates into a penalty being applied to to-hit rolls.
Applicable to: SRMs

Nonfunctional
The Nonfunctional quirk permanently disables any one component or system on the unit, which can never be repaired or replaced. This quirk can be taken multiple times.
Applicable to: CW, Command Console

Unbalanced
A Mech with the Unbalanced Quirk suffers from a design that is inherently imbalanced and as such the unit suffers from a penalty to the target number for any Piloting Skill Rolls associated with entering a hex that requires such a roll due to building type or planetary condition.
Applicable to: Matchmaker

Poor Performance
The Poor Performance Quirk reflects a unit that is unable to accelerate to maximum speed quickly; as a result, any unit with this Quirk must spend one turn limited to moving at the unit's Cruising, Safe Thrust or Walking rating before being able to use up to its full movement allowance in the next turn.
Applicable to: Cryengine 3

Prototype
Units designated as Prototypes via this Quick suffer from the issues associated with technological equipment still going through development and shakedown processes. Components on such platforms tend to be less resilient and lacking in redundancy that components from full manufacturing production lines as the unit is still under development; in terms of game effects, units with the Prototype Quirk have a significantly increased chance of suffering Critical Hits as a result of rolls for critical damage.
Applicable to: MWO Client

Bad Reputation
A unit with the Bad Reputation quirk is perfectly sound and operable, but for some reason has earned an undeservedly bad reputation, and as a result is only worth half the normal resale value - although when purchasing such a unit, players in a game should pay full price.
Applicable to: PGI

Edited by xhrit, 22 December 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

There is a Cooling System Flaws quirk, as well as a Poor Cooling Jacket one that could be considered for heat scale penalties and/or heat retention.

Edit:

Oh after rereading, I thought this was on in-game elements, no need to knock the devs with that last ones.

Edited by Praetor Shepard, 21 December 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

i would like to have the ability to eject.

#4 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

I don't think a cramped cockpit is a big issue for me. I can still manage to see well enough in several directions well in a locust I've discovered. The only possible issue is field of view, which is something to consider when using the left-Ctrl key.

The most sight-obscuring cockpit i've seen thus far appears to be the Commando. But I will say that I can still manage it pretty well regardless without too much concern.

3rd person view thus far hasn't actually been that difficult to pilot as far as controlling the movement of the 'mech goes.

However it does give a vastly improved ability to see around you. Which is why I tactically use 3rd person view on a commando when I'm not firing anything. However I do find that 3rd person does make weapons less manageable. Which I *suppose* could be something that can be fixed. (This could have been done deliberately to help balance the benefits of 3rd person view.)

In regards to SRM accuracy I've made a post about it. You may find the topic link in my signature.

Edited by Livaria, 22 December 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#5 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

Some of the first points you mentioned, I embraced as features, feeling your cockpit and the sluggishness of how slow an atlas turns is all that mechwarrior is about. The rest is just hate rant to PGI.

Move along people, take it from a veteran, nothing but nonsensical, non-constructive trash rant going on here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users