- - - - -

Xp To Gxp

13 replies to this topic

#1 Reverendfury

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

I see where everyone says that you can convert this but I don't have the button there to do this. Can someone please explain what I am missing?

Thanks.

#2 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

Once you basic out a mech, there should be a slider at the bottom of the pilot skills for that mech. Be aware, it does cost (1 for 25 XP I think?)

#3 Reverendfury

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Oh...OK. Thanks!

#4 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

don't do it untill mastered, after that its ok but not economic untill then.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Also keep your eye open for conversion sales, the cost goes on sale for half price. Great for converting a big chunk into GXP off of a Mastered mech!

#6 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postsneeking, on 22 December 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

don't do it untill mastered, after that its ok but not economic untill then.

Unless you are only getting Basic on it to unlock Elite for the chassis, in which case we've all had the time when we needed 78 xp and had a great game, earned 780 (especially fun when it's the 1st victory of the day). In which case you might as well convert the XP.

Note, you can only convert for a mech you own, so do it before you sell it.

Edited by Nick Makiaveli, 22 December 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#7 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

i dont know when but they are going to change how you level mechs i have read.they are going to refund the exp and change the options you can purchase so i wouldnt convert xp till you hear whats going on,why blow MC on gxp that might end up refunded(i hope you get gxp back for gxp youve spent.

http://mwomercs.com/...ls-and-modules/

Edited by Gorantir, 23 December 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 22 December 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Also keep your eye open for conversion sales, the cost goes on sale for half price. Great for converting a big chunk into GXP off of a Mastered mech!

These seem to happen at least monthly, so it's really silly to pay full price, IMO.

#9 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

unless your impatient for a few unlocks on the pilot tree, I converted a bit off lately at full price.

but I can relax now that I've got most the important ones.

#10 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostGorantir, on 23 December 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

i dont know when but they are going to change how you level mechs i have read.they are going to refund the exp and change the options you can purchase so i wouldnt convert xp till you hear whats going on,why blow MC on gxp that might end up refunded(i hope you get gxp back for gxp youve spent.

http://mwomercs.com/...ls-and-modules/

Good point.....hadn't thought of that.....

#11 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

I hope they take into account that people may have spent mc to convert and refund at a bonus rate as compensation not only for mc spent but hours of work grinding up the trees.

#12 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postsneeking, on 23 December 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

I hope they take into account that people may have spent mc to convert and refund at a bonus rate as compensation not only for mc spent but hours of work grinding up the trees.

Why? You got what you paid for, and if they change things up and give you back all your XP and GXP, what have you lost?

If you didn't want to grind, then why did you? Better question, why play if it's a grind? I have fun and get skills when I get them. Sure some days I don't feel like being a bullet magnet (ie Locust pilot), but it's not that hard to win a game or three with them to get the double XP and then move on to the next mech. Besides, it's fun to scream around the field knowing death is just one shot away!

I think the problem is you decide to level a given mech, then play it till you are sick of it. Or convince yourself there is no way to have fun with it until you get all the whizbang upgrades. Ever consider having fun by challenging yourself? I left one of my Battlemasters unupgraded for a long time just for that purpose. Had less weapons than some of my heavies. 21 normal heatsinks didn't help that either. Made me work for kills that's for sure, and made me a better pilot in my other BLR's that's for sure.

#13 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

its tedious when you start out knowing out of three varians on a given chassis you will only want one ( I call that a grind )

#14 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postsneeking, on 23 December 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

its tedious when you start out knowing out of three varians on a given chassis you will only want one ( I call that a grind )

That doesn't answer the question of why they should add a bonus to the refund.

Again, if you enjoy playing MWO, how bad can it be? Given you only have to unlock Basics, it's not that hard especially given you get double XP for the 1st win of the day. Play the mechs you don't want till you get a win (so double for the win, plus any losses), then move on to the one you like. For those that don't know, you can earn XP on a mech even if you can't spend it. So by the time you earn enough to Elite the mech you want, you should be closing in on the other mechs. Thus minimal grind, none if you treat the mechs you don't want/like as a challenge/learning experience. Say you hate LRM boats...playing one will help you fight them down the road in your <insert fav type here> mech.

Like I've said before, it seems most people who "hate the grind" try to play a mech they hate day in and day out to "get it out of the way" which is exactly the best way to make the grind seem horrible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users