Community Warfare Suggestion

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kent Shou

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHussar's HQ, Proserpina

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

I heard that players will be able to switch between factions even if they are loyalists. Fair enough I made the switch from FRR to the Combine myself. I like the fact that you can pick a faction and go oops I think I'd rather play for said faction instead.

My suggestion here is that you have a tier system with faction choice. When you initially choose a faction as a new player you start off as Tier 1 Loyalty and have a set of unlockables with LP. Easy enough. You can switch around as you want and if you unlock max Tier 1 unlockables with all the factions you can do your Wolf's Dragoon thing like they are talking about. What I would like is a further Tier that is permanent. So if you want to move to Tier 2 Loyalty its a permanent decision.

This cements faction rivalries even more, allows for a more significant decision (I love big decisions), but still allows new players the oops I didn't want to choose that faction choice and play with their friends without cementing their choice initially. This could also create even more variety with only players locked into a certain faction having specific LP unlockables that could include mech specialization bonuses (certain factions prefer certain weaponry and mechs etc) Doesn't force you to play said weapons or mechs but could very softly encourage players to follow lore.

Edited by Lt Kapp, 23 December 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#2 Stardancer01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think it would be better if each mech is dedicated to a faction rather than the player. I think adding a faction to a mech should be like adding a Configured Upgrade like ‘Atriums’.
Some mechs must come with a faction locked in like the Annihilator.
A faction's tree should upgrade all mechs dedicated to that faction with that factions bonuses.
Players can play multiple factions at once as well as lone wolves, or mercenaries.
I think the Ter system would be better deployed to indicate which Era the battle mech is in service, succession wars, house wars, clan wars, clan civil war… world of Blake.
When playing each factions campaign a different star map should be used for each faction, to save confusion, rather than trying to Community warfare them in to one.
If your player’s faction is the same as the mech’s faction you should get a small (loyalist) bonus to progression along that faction’s development tree.

Edited by Stardancer01, 26 December 2013 - 01:58 AM.

#3 Kent Shou

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHussar's HQ, Proserpina

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

I don't really understand you completely. What I was saying is that it's clear you join a faction and earn LP for that faction. The devs have stated you can switch at will and I'm fine with that. But I just think if you are 100% sure which faction you want to play with and to make the choice more meaningful they could add an option to make a further specialization into a said specific faction permanent. This allows players to gain a feel for factions and then if they like what they see they can lock into it and gain even further bonuses. This allows flexibility and the player to still feel like he is actually a part of something. Not act like we are all just mercenaries free to jump around at will.

With the new level system make it so you can't lock into a faction permanently until later on if you are afraid of people making choices by accident. Or they have to unlock the LP tree so far before the permanent decision becomes available so you know for sure people won't be making mistakes.

I just like the idea of permanent faction choices.

Edited by Lt Kapp, 25 December 2013 - 04:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users