Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory:8192MB RAM
Directx Version: 11
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 295
Dac Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 4096 MB
Resolution: 1920x1080

Result: 1 FPS at NONGAME forced windowed "mech selection"/"store" screen.

#2 Phero77

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Everyone has issues with low fps in mech selection screen. Have you tried window mode, if it helps ??

Try disabling vsync or vise versa, dunno what setting you got..

Edited by Phero77, 24 December 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#3 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

O/P I hate to tell you this but. . your FPS sounds about right.

MwO does notoriously bad with old dual core CPUs. While most people suggest overclocking, I don't even think Dry ice would get you to playable framerates [not to mention it's not sustainable]

GTX295 is also dated. Even if the game were completely optimized [and they haven't even started yet] I suspect your hardware is just too dated to run MwO.

I know it's not always possible, but if it is, my best answer is a new machine.

#4 z00med

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

You may try:

Reduce resolution as much as possible, switch off AA, Shading,Shadows,Particles,all settings to low. Your GPU cant cope with anything more, I assume.

Windows 8.1 (+Classic Shell^^) + Direct X 11.1
Does miracles especially for DualCore CPU's on some engines (dunno if this counts for cryengine).
At least give it a shot, trial version of Win8 is free (2weeks?)-if you are (or know) a university student: they can get free keys normally :).

Also I once saw a thread here... think the "workaround" subforum... some guy managed to massively increase FPS for Dual Cores...I'll check it out and post link here as edit.

EDIT: et voilaz. whish everbody merry Christmas, and good luck to you!
http://mwomercs.com/...-core-machines/

(Hardware prices should drop in January traditionally... just mentioning, in case you're considering upgrading (though CPU+Mainboard+GPU is more =new PC...^^))

Edited by z00med, 24 December 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#5 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

It would help if you had a computer and video card that was built within the last decade.

#6 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Devs don't know their craft yet, so unfortunately you are stuck with horrible framerates.

I bet you have better framerates in Crysis, right? That's because Crytek knows how to handle the engine. Crysis performs a lot better and also looks FAR better at the same time. We can all just hope PGI gets the hang of it soon enough so we can all enjoy better framerates.

Oh and don't listen to the people telling you your hardware is dated, while this is true it is still not the reason the game performs horribly. You can either wait for the devs to get their **** together or upgrade to more recent hardware to improve your fps.

Edited by T Hawk, 24 December 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#7 badkilik

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFrozen City

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Yeah low fps is a big problem on older hardware.

I had a q9650 overclock to 4.2ghz and a gtx 670 and I would drop to 20fps on frozen city day with medium settings. It was bad. Even with my new 4670k I still get drops during gameplay which leaves me to believe that its actually lag from the servers at times or just too cpu intensive.

Op, I think its time for new hardware and before you decide on what to get you should really consider what you'll be playing first. Just make sure your investment gets used.

#8 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Yeaaaaaah:

http://www.tomshardw...iew,3107-7.html

http://www.tomshardw...x-sli,2298.html

http://www.tomshardw...295,2107-2.html

A 295 is a dual card, which means MW:O is only using half of it …

Also: Teslas are only DX10. https://en.wikipedia...orce_200_Series

Mostly, you need a new system … But in the meantime, try this in you user.cfg:
ca_thread0Affinity = 0
ca_thread1Affinity = 0
r_WaterUpdateThread = 0
sys_main_CPU = 0
sys_physics_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread0_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread1_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread2_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread3_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread4_CPU = 0
sys_TaskThread5_CPU = 0
sys_spec_Water = 1
sys_spec_Physics = 1
sys_budget_videomem = 896
sys_job_system_max_worker = 2
sys_budget_soundCPU = 5
sys_spec_quality = 1
q_ShaderWater = 0
r_WaterGodRays = 0
r_WaterReflections = 0
r_WaterReflectionsMGPU = 2
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 0
r_silhouettePOM = 0
r_UsePOM = 0
r_vSync = 0
sys_budget_streamingthroughput = 7300

I've got about zero testing on core-counts that low, so I can't warrant a damn thing for you, but here ya' go, anyways …

#9 badkilik

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFrozen City

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

Its quite sad to see that this game isnt SLI supported. My second gtx670 just idles and laughs at my investment whenever I play this game lol

#10 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostShadowcrusnik, on 23 December 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Specs:

First the CPU is ok, I have the E8500 running this just fine, running windows 7 pro 64bit, 8gb ram. I suspect your GPU is so massively under powered that is a major part of the problem. I have a ASUS HD7870 PCI-e 3.0 in my older LGA775 rig which has PCI-e 2.0 slots, it would be a nice jump for you and can be found for $200ish. Also run this utility. Then set shadows in the graphics settings to low.

Edited by Werewolf486, 24 December 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#11 Zolomek

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Shadowcrusnik

I too have a GTX 295 - The latest patch dropped my system from 60 frames down to 30 frames in the Mech lab but had no effect on game play. 1 FPS sounds like something is wrong with the client itself try a repair or reinstall if you are able to.

There are also some inherent challenges with all Dual GPU cards especially ones like ours that are only DX10. Due to the way that MWO's code interfaces with the card I was forced to go into the Nvidia control panel and disable multi-GPU mode. I also forced PhysX onto my CPU. This forces MWO to only use one GPU and from my experience prevents quite a few problems with crashes and video memory allocation issues that can cause Crashes. I do very occasionally (every few days) have a graphics lockup but a quick alt tab out and back in fixes it.

Now even with a single GPU I can still get 45-60 FPS with 1920x1080 resolution.

My in game settings are all graphics settings at Low, Vsync on, and Anti-Aliasing off. With those settings I get a consistent 60 FPS at 1920x1080 resolution. I have seen it drop down into the low 40's in the thick of a brawl but still very playable.

Medium settings gives about 30-45 FPS at the same resolution.

High gets it down to 30 base and 15-20 in a brawl which is not playable to me. Though setting shadows to low and dropping some other settings down can get you some high settings at Medium baseline FPS.

I have in the past adjusted my setup with Nvidia Inspector to implement some settings tweaks detailed in the forums. This forced Dual GPU and gave me 60 FPS on Very High the only problem was that whenever a laser or flamer struck a Mech my frame rate dropped from 60 FPS down to 10 FPS. Lasers hitting anything else didn't effect it but whatever texture they have for the lasers striking armor freaks it out in Dual GPU mode.

Now when/if PGI ever gets Dual GPU support working a 295 will still be plenty to run this game. Unfortunately it seems that Dual GPU support is even farther back in the pipeline of "improvements" than DX11, Community Warfare, and the Clan Invasion.

So if you are sick of low detail to get good frame rates and have the money and the ability to bump up to a 660TI or better I would do it. I haven't because I am saving up to update my system probably in the late summer of 2014 after the 780's have hopefully come down in price a bit.

#12 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

MW:O only has one type of AA at the moment, and it's sooooo light-weight, turning it off is beyond the last resort. i.e. You can't play the game in the first place.

#13 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Ugh yeah not trying to knock you man but it might be time for an upgrade, it doesn't help that this game is horrably under optimized, there is a TON of cleaning up in the code I'm sure can be done to. In the mean time if you have been playing awhile and got livable frame rates before I'd try doing a clean install and turning down all of your settings. It would help you if they put in directX11 but well... that means PGI doing work. There is also a MWO repair tool I had to goodle to find cause PGI doesn't see it fit to be easy to find http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/
, but it basically runs through your files in the game and gets rid of anything corrupted and such, might try running that first.

Why pgi doesn't just have this run with every patch automatically with the patch I dunno... but it's worth a shot.

Edited by MrWhite, 24 December 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#14 v4skunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostShadowcrusnik, on 23 December 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Specs:

Your pc is ancient. Your system is simply not good enough to run @ 1080p. Turn down the graphical settings and resolution.
You need an entire new system if you wish to play modern pc games in the future.

#15 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

Am i one of the only ones who had a INGAME perfomance drop this last patch?! :D
Disregarding specs just taling about general ingame perfomance drop either midly or severely (like me) after the december patches

Edited by kesuga7, 28 December 2013 - 07:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users