because?

#3 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 06 January 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

because?

of all the matches I played so far, I haven't seen on one occasion everyone hitting it. Plus, the drop to 20 seconds when everyone connected is just enough.

#4 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 06 January 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

because?

Good Question :wub:

I guess the reason the OP failed to deliver is that there are almost no matches which are fired through the use of this button.

Even if there are no disconnects/slow connects (a single one disables the ready-feature), the game almost always starts before everyone presses the button.

The ready-button of cause only works if all players are connected and then in theory it can reduce the remaining waiting time from 20secs to zero.

But in my opinion, those 20secs are counted down so fast that i never felt the need to speed it up. And i have never seen all players ready. At least one is always sleeping :D

Maybe this is different in higher elo-brackets than mine where everyone knows what to do, but from my personal experience the ready button has absolutely no influence on how fast a match is started...

Disconnects and slowly-connecting players are the main reason why we often wait a little eternity until the match starts...

#5 Glenfiddich15Yr

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

In over 100 matches, I've never seen everyone hit ready yet. Got it down to one person numerous times though. I've also noticed that it usually drops to 20 seconds when everyone joins, but not always.

I have a side question. Why does the opposing team always load first (thus if a match doesn't fill, my team is always the short team) and why am I always in Charlie Lance? In over 100 matches, only one time have I ever been in Bravo and never in Alpha. Since I am new, I thought maybe it was a K/D ratio issue. But it seems silly.

#6 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostSybreed, on 06 January 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

It's useless now

Meh.

There are far bigger issues.

#7 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostDaggett, on 06 January 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Good Question :wub:

I guess the reason the OP failed to deliver is that there are almost no matches which are fired through the use of this button.

read 3rd post

#8 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostSybreed, on 06 January 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

of all the matches I played so far, I haven't seen on one occasion everyone hitting it. Plus, the drop to 20 seconds when everyone connected is just enough.

this a 100%
it is plain useless now

#9 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I think if you don't hit ready then you shoupd have an air strike on your location as your mech is powering up. That might motivate people to click it. Or just take it out, either would be fine.

#10 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostGlenfiddich15Yr, on 06 January 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

I have a side question. Why does the opposing team always load first (thus if a match doesn't fill, my team is always the short team)

This is just a displaying issue. For some reason the names of the players in your team which are still connecting are not shown. But the names of the opposing players are. If you look at the pings, you will see a similar amount of 0-pingers on the enemy team as you have missing players on yours.

Edit: So if you see an enemy player with a ping of 0 when the game starts, then he most probably won't be in the game. So knowing this i'm sure it's not always your team which gets screwed...

View PostSybreed, on 06 January 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

read 3rd post

Looks like we posted at the same time :wub:

Edited by Daggett, 06 January 2014 - 11:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users