- - - - -

So I Got My 5K Gxp

5 replies to this topic

#1 dash89

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

First thing I did was unlock the picture-in-picture 4X zoom. I entered a game and...wha?!...no 4X zoom. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for the help of you folks who have more experience.

#2 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

You unlocked just the possibility to buy the module.
Invest 2mCB, and then you have your 4x zoom.

MechLab --> Modules --> Vision modules --> Advanced Zoom

It's one of the cheapest modules and useful for sniping. So your investment was not in vain.
But - alas - you have to equip your mechs with the modules, which have to be bought with CBills.
You can switch the modules between mechs.

Edited by Demos, 28 December 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#3 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

unlock module in pilot lab -> go to modules in mech lab -> buy module for 2 million cbills -> use 'V' to zoom in not 'Z'

#4 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

you will want a few of them as you get more mechs, stripping down one mech just to pilot another gets painful ( and can't be done untill the previous one returns to ready status )

#5 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

View Postsneeking, on 28 December 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

you will want a few of them as you get more mechs, stripping down one mech just to pilot another gets painful ( and can't be done untill the previous one returns to ready status )

On a side note, as new player I recommending spectating. Bounce around till you find a player in a similar mech to yours (or one you are considering buying) and watch to see what they do right and what they do wrong.

Also, if you exit a match, you still get rewarded for it win or lose, as well as any extras you have already earned (kills/assists etc) BUT if you leave and a mech you damaged is killed, you WILL NOT get an assist for it. Whereas if you spectating you will get credit for it.

So if you died early on and didn't do much, then yea leave and launch in a new mech if you need the case, but if you at least shot at some mechs before you died, might be worth it to hang around while there's still a chance. If your sides's down to one Light that's running for it's life, then yea might be best to bail.

Also, if it looks like you might win by capping, and you helped cap (Assault or Conquest) best to hang around for the bonus, ie 75 for winning by cap, and 50 more if you helped.

#6 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

Also, at closer ranges, just plain old zoom "z" is generally easier to view than advanced zoom, at least in my experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users