Slightly Poor Performance

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

I'm getting slightly poor performance through any graphical setting when overlooking the entirety of the map, or when there are heaps of LRM in the air.

The issue here is that prior to the patch I never had this issue with my new build.

GTX680ti Lightning

4670 i5 3.4GHz.

Otherwise I'm rocking my max 60fps due to vsync which Im happy with

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

Have you run the repair tool and deleted the Shaders folder?

All maps have a direction or two where if you look that way it will have worse performance. Plus, they may have turned up a detail setting or something. Like all F2P games, they are constantly tinkering with quality levels and such. You may have to adjust your settings after every patch until they get things ironed out.

#3 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

It'd be helpful to know what kind of "slightly poor" we're talking here. Are we talking drops down into the 40s? 30s? 10s? Does it suddenly spike and fall off, does it last for 5-10 seconds?

#4 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostSen, on 28 December 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

It'd be helpful to know what kind of "slightly poor" we're talking here. Are we talking drops down into the 40s? 30s? 10s? Does it suddenly spike and fall off, does it last for 5-10 seconds?

My apologies.

From a static 60, looking in a particular direction (or directions), as previously stated by Durant, would drop me into the high 30's. But this isn't a regular old high 30 frame rate - it's jittery and choppy as if to say you are running of about 20fps.

Ok so running the repair tool and deleting the shaders - I'll have to research this a little.

All in all I must say, very decent card. VERY decent card.

#5 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

You are not the only one having issues like this, I turned a ticket for this a few days ago. I am running an NVIDIA GTX 660ti 2GB, which usually pushes 85 fps, but since the patch I have 40 FPS and it drops down into the 20-30's but really much choppier than 30 FPS should be. The repair tool fixed about 5 FPS for me, so far nothing else has worked. Just figured I would let you know that it is not a unique issue! Good luck, hopefully you will find a good fix!

#6 Rex Budman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostWolf87535, on 30 December 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

You are not the only one having issues like this, I turned a ticket for this a few days ago. I am running an NVIDIA GTX 660ti 2GB, which usually pushes 85 fps, but since the patch I have 40 FPS and it drops down into the 20-30's but really much choppier than 30 FPS should be. The repair tool fixed about 5 FPS for me, so far nothing else has worked. Just figured I would let you know that it is not a unique issue! Good luck, hopefully you will find a good fix!

Well I'd rather that be the case rather than it being isolated to either my machine or the quality of my card.

I have the 680ti Lightning 2GB running on stock settings - loving this purchase and the way is used to handle MWO. Had the thing fully tweaked in NVIDIA control panel to max :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users