2x med pulse
Endo
Maxed Armor
3x jets
4x extra doubleheat sinks

88.3/96 kmph
Firepower: 37
Heat 1.57

most games I end around 400damage and 2 kills, top I have done is 900 damage with 4 kills
wich I am happy with, but I'm thinking of moving up to the 360xl. here are the stats for that...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified

Looking for any input as I am really enjoying this build and would like to push it to the next level

thanks all for any input \0/ ~cheers!

#2 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'd recommend dropping the pulse lasers for normal ones. Most of the player numbers I have seen posted seem to indicate that even though the beam is shorter, you still deal almost exactly the same percentage of the beam's possible damage when compared to normal lasers. Given that, you're going to get more range and less heat while giving you an extra two tons to use, and with no downside.

Your link to Smurfy is broken, I'm afraid. To share mechs, hit 'save and share loadout' and then copy the link that it gives you there.

#3 The Iz

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

here ya go

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...080e1be71c532e4

#4 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, take out the MPL,

View PostThe Iz, on 15 December 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Needs more SSRM ammo and BAP. You don't need 16 DHS in that mech. Drop 3, ad a ton of ammo, BAP, and half a ton of armor (10 head armor? Seriously? That's asking to get headshot)

#5 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

SHD-2D2

That is what I would do.

Removed the 1 MG, a few heat sinks, added ferro, streak ammo, armor, BAP, and replaced a medium laser with a large.

Or Downgrade the engine and remove a ton of ammo for another large laser.
SHD-2D2

Edited by Roughneck45, 15 December 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#6 The Iz

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostBront, on 15 December 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Yeah, take out the MPL,

Needs more SSRM ammo and BAP. You don't need 16 DHS in that mech. Drop 3, ad a ton of ammo, BAP, and half a ton of armor (10 head armor? Seriously? That's asking to get headshot)

going with the 360xl is going to give me 116kmph, this is a high mobility build, you should always be moving getting a headshot would be extremely difficult. I have one been headshotted in a mech once and I have been playing for about 6 months now...on a mech 80kmph and under, i worry about it a bit more...but even at 96kmph I havent been head shotted once in about 150+ matches

#7 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'd definitely lose the machine gun; if you're only able to take one, it just doesn't do enough damage to justify taking the ton of ammo for it. This is especially true on your shadowhawk, which is going to be hunting lights a lot, and the mg is not so great against targets that fast as you have to hold it on target to get the most out of it.

You could also stand to lose a few heatsinks. You're pretty much never going to have heat issues in this mech, or at the very worst in the lava on terra therma you will have to fire the ssrms without the lasers for a short while.

You'll absolutely want BAP in the mech. If you run into an enemy with ECM, almost all of your firepower is unusable unless you have BAP to cancel it out.

#8 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

I second the suggestion to remove the MG+ammo and put in a BAP. You don't want your streaks to become useless whenever ECM hits you.

You're probably running too cool, as well Looking at Smurfy's, you could stand still on a heat-neutral map and fire your weapons for a minute and eight seconds straight. That's way more than you need in a fight, so you're probably much better suited pulling out two heat sinks out for arm and leg armor plus Streak ammo.

Finally, if you've been accurate with your heat sink placement (I'm generally not; I just want to know if it all fits,) you need to move as many heat sinks as you can out of the engine and into other parts of your 'mech - particularly to places containing your weapons. This will allow those heat sinks to absorb critical hits that would otherwise have damaged a weapon. The true double heat sink rule applies only to the heat sinks that are literally part of the engine - any heat sink you add manually will be a 1.4x DHS, even if you place it inside your engine slots.

Edited by Void Angel, 15 December 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#9 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

PS: BAP also counts for the new bonuses for countering ECM systems. =)

#10 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

You can squeeze in AC10+2xML+3xSSRM2. Though with relatively limited ammo, it should eat the streak boat for lunch.

#11 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Personally I run my 2d2 with 4xlrm5,uac5, Mpl, TAG and BAP. It seems to work for me as direct fire support mech. 2x ac5 also seems to work. 4x streaks dont work for me probably because Im only using the 275xl from the M variant.

#12 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

SHD-2D2

The Quad Streak, 2 ML build is great for hunting down lights...assuming they're not leading you in to a trap. The XL360 is almost too much speed. Once you get that lock with the Streaks it's easy to be lead in to an ambush or to be swarmed by other lights that are supporting your target. Also you don't actually have anything that will really hurt a larger mechs. Streaks and MLs are all well and good, but you can't aim a Streak, so if it's near the end of a fight and you come up against a Cataphract or a Jagermech that's got some holes in it's armour, but it's structure is still fine, you're in a bit of trouble.

So my philosophy is to lose the extra Heat Sinks drop the Engine down to either an XL275 or (if you've got one) an XL280. This will let you mount an LB-10/X with 3 tons of ammo which can actually hurt larger mechs...and do nasty work to any lights you might be fighting as well.

The best tactic for this mech isn't to go out actively hunt lights, but find a bigger mech, ie Stalker, Atlas, etc and support them. You can keep them safe from Lights harassing them, or if they encounter anything big, their heavy arsenal will blow off their armour and then you can help exploit holes in their armour with the LB-10/X.

#13 Spiketail Drake

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

Shadowbane, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c9d9ed34f930983 here is a LBX/2ML/4SSRM2 versions, with the 300XL engine. 3t of AC and 2t of Streak ammo.

#14 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostSpiketail Drake, on 16 December 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Shadowbane, http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c9d9ed34f930983 here is a LBX/2ML/4SSRM2 versions, with the 300XL engine. 3t of AC and 2t of Streak ammo.

With less armour and missing 2 JJs. I'm not a fan of only putting one JJ on any mech.

#15 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 16 December 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

With less armour and missing 2 JJs. I'm not a fan of only putting one JJ on any mech.

The only risk you run with one JJ is if it gets destroyed.

The first jumpjet gets you to half of the max rated jump height that is listed on the loadout screen. The other half of the jump height is divided equally amongst the jets. Assuming a 50m max jump height and 6 max jumpjets, the first jet gets you 25m, and the next 5 jets get you 5m each. These jumpjets all weigh the same and take the same number of critical slots, but the first jumpjet is five times as effective as all the others (or more if you jj cap is over 6).

There's no reason to run more than one unless you have some really specific goal in mind where the height is absolutely crucial, like reaching the top of the citadel in River piloting a Spider. And even then, you're spending significant extra tonnage and crits to do one small specific thing, which I would always recommend against.

#16 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Significant tonnage? It's 1 ton and 2 crits. That's not significant tonnage on anything outside a Locust. I like the extra maneuverability, so I mount extra JJs. It's that simple.

#17 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'm not a big fan of lasers these days, and only 2 mlas/mplas is pretty much dead weight. You can run bigger energy weapons I suppose, but IMO the tonnage is better spent on a ballistic. That's full JJ's, plenty of speed, and nice range on the AC. Plus, you can strip armor off the arms if you don't put anything in them.

#18 Drakenn

• PipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostWarrax the Chaos Warrior, on 16 December 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I'm not a big fan of lasers these days, and only 2 mlas/mplas is pretty much dead weight. You can run bigger energy weapons I suppose, but IMO the tonnage is better spent on a ballistic. That's full JJ's, plenty of speed, and nice range on the AC. Plus, you can strip armor off the arms if you don't put anything in them.

I run almost that same build, only with an LB10x instead of an AC/10, and 75% of my matches are 800+ dmg, with a high of just over 1200. Very effective...

and people say mediums can't hang..pssshhh :P

#19 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Why don't you like lasers?

#20 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

I understand not liking lasers. I'm much better at leading a target and getting the hit with a ballistic then I am at holding my crosshairs on target for the duration of a laser beam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users