Cn9-A Build Help

10 replies to this topic

#1 MechFang2106

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Hey guys! I just bought a CN9-A and I kind of need help with my build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f95547bd622cab5

Here it is and I would like you guys to modify/rebuild it please

Thank-you so much for your help!

Edited by MechFang2106, 30 December 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostMechFang2106, on 30 December 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified

Gotta click "save and share" at the top then use one of those links.

Yours is just giving me the default smurfy page.

#3 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostMechFang2106, on 30 December 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f95547bd622cab5

Quick review of your biggest problems:
  • No Endo-Steel
  • Lowered armor in the legs + Ammo in legs
  • No Artemis for the SRMs
  • Heavy Arm firepower Centurions are pretty terrible (the arms come off easy)
  • Wasted armor on the worthless arm
This is the tried and true Cent 9A:
Standard Cent9A

You can alternately swap those to SRM4s and the MLs to MPLs as well, for an alternate faster-firing take on the machine. But this way you can fit a MUCH faster engine, solid firepower, and are extremely durable (the main strength of the Centurion).

Cents have largely been replaced by Shadow Hawks in major matches, but are still fine pugging machines, and among the very easiest 'mechs to drive when setup like this: A pure brawler. Give it a shot.

#4 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

Here is a re-arrangement/upgrade of your build. All I did to it was add Endo-steel and use the saved weight towards engine and armour, as well as redistribute your armour a little. The heatsinks I split between your torsos so that you don't have a large chunk of your dissipation removed if/when you lose that location. It also helps to 'crit-pad' the weapons on the other side - hits taken once your armour is gone will have a chance to destroy the heatsinks instead of missile launchers that way.

This is another STD-engined build with a similar profile to yours. I based it on the NGNG Wack-a-mole build. That 250-rated engine is really as slow as you want to be going in a Medium these days - keep them quick.

Going with that, here's a version with the max rating for the chassis. An XL275 engine is expensive and makes your mech a lot more fragile, but the speed gain and weight saved usually makes them a fair trade in a lot of cases for me. In this case, it allowed for the upgrade of the SRM4's to 6's, an extra heatsink (both of my suggestions run a little warm, to be honest...) and half a tonne of armour.

These are just suggestions, as always. I hope you enjoy the Centurion!

#5 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

if your mastering centurions consider not going to wild with the A unless you forked out for the A-c ( focus on the D )

centurion D is better in my opinion.

#6 Spiketail Drake

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 31 December 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Here is a re-arrangement/upgrade of your build. All I did to it was add Endo-steel and use the saved weight towards engine and armour, as well as redistribute your armour a little. The heatsinks I split between your torsos so that you don't have a large chunk of your dissipation removed if/when you lose that location. It also helps to 'crit-pad' the weapons on the other side - hits taken once your armour is gone will have a chance to destroy the heatsinks instead of missile launchers that way.

This is another STD-engined build with a similar profile to yours. I based it on the NGNG Wack-a-mole build. That 250-rated engine is really as slow as you want to be going in a Medium these days - keep them quick.

Going with that, here's a version with the max rating for the chassis. An XL275 engine is expensive and makes your mech a lot more fragile, but the speed gain and weight saved usually makes them a fair trade in a lot of cases for me. In this case, it allowed for the upgrade of the SRM4's to 6's, an extra heatsink (both of my suggestions run a little warm, to be honest...) and half a tonne of armour.

These are just suggestions, as always. I hope you enjoy the Centurion!

If you want to keep that AC5, consider this variant: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...63bb4443f40102c AC5 (3t ammo), 2 SRM4 (2t ammo), 2 ML, 250std engine. Imho, the single AC2 is not that great, you need 2 to really do damage. The AC5 is better for shooting on the move and still has immense range. You could add Ferro and upgrade to an UAC5 with 3t ammo (and a little more armor on the left arm).

#7 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

when you all start talking like this you make me want to go all yenlo 300xl 2xuac5 max armour ( allocations and biases are secret ) and just pack in ammo with no laser backup :)

sink or swim, lose the arm you drown !

#8 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

View Postsneeking, on 31 December 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

sink or swim, lose the arm you drown !

And that's why even I would call that a bad build :) Even if it's still ammo-dependent, I think one should have a redundancy somewhere. Especially if your weapons are on such a vulnerable component as a Yen Lo's arm.

But hey, if it works for you, it works. :)

#9 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

I don't always get away...

getting caught is all the fun though isnt it ?

I tell you what ( go in a pug match n find some assults n heavy class and alert them to your presence

2xuac5 is generally an ***** proof method if you want someones attention. ...

Edited by sneeking, 31 December 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#10 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

wait till you see my full naked rocket ship :)

#11 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

View Postsneeking, on 31 December 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

centurion D is better in my opinion.

It's worth noting that the Treb 3C and Cent 9D still have an arguable niche as being far faster than any other mediums out there, for what it's worth. It's one thing the Shadow Hawk can't replicate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users