Bonus Applied For Consecutive Daily Log-Ins

3 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicSpeed

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

I am only slightly familiar with the Battletech universe (played some MechWarrior on the PC back in the day, some Earthseige and now MWO) and only slightly familiar with the history of PGI and the license.

However, I was wondering if there could ever be a small percentage bonus/boost to C-Bills (or possibly weapon damage for clan tech) for consecutively playing a mech each day. The boost could max out at 7 days and only give a maximum of....say....10% boost (to be generous)

What I am comparing this to is how Gran Turismo 5 and now GT6 implement a bonus to credits earned if you log into the network on consecutive days; maxing out at 5 days and 200% increase to credits.

If you miss a login day, the boost could either reset totally, or by a set percentage amount per day missed.

Thoughts?

#2 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

A bonus to damage .. I would say no.

However, a cbill earning bonus that rises 2%/day for each day you do play and drops 2%/day for each day you don't play with a maximum of +10% might both encourage folks to play more and somewhat reduce the cbill grind that folks are finding pretty onerous.

#3 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

The only encouragement people should need to log in every day is enjoying the game. Even the double XP we get now is unnecessary.

#4 CosmicSpeed

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

I could see how this could be used for the "balance" arguments that I have seen popping up.

I don't know {Scrap} about Clan Tech, but what if you had the ability to choose if the "accrued bonus" attached itself to Offense (damage/distance/heat/fire time) OR Defence (increase Fero Armor, ECM range, Shielding, heat dissipation, JJs). A player would be allowed a choice to where to implement the bonus.

Example: What if say the SPL with full bonus increases the range up to 100m rather than the 90. because you choose to implement the bonus on Distance. If you wanted it for weapon Power, you could choose to have the damage output increased by a small amount.

To keep new players happy, maybe making the max amount a 5% increase and not as many specific ways to implement that 5% than if you were in a clan.

I could also see this as possibly slightly increasing Module functions by a certain amount as well.

Edited by CosmicSpeed, 31 December 2013 - 08:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users