24 replies to this topic

#21 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostMr Titan, on 31 December 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

You would have to spend a little $ but the triple ac/10 or triple lbx ac/10 build on the murromets is spectacular if you're looking for one button mechs.

He said it.

If you want a simple murder machine, thats the one(3xAC-10 ILYA Muromets) to go with. Its the only mech in the game that can pack that firepower. You melt those atlases, You can flatout go kill two atlases in a row, with one overheat. You have effective range 450 meters (AC-20 has 270) and the amaizing fire rate. Nothing can top it.

Edited by Turist0AT, 02 January 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#22 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Streaktaros are nice too. 5 racks of guided missile goodness. Or Stalkers, 5 racks of guided missile goodness with 5 back up lasers of your choice like PPCs,LLs,LPLs.

Edited by Turist0AT, 02 January 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#23 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

I'd take a StreakHawk over a Streaktaro. You lose one streak, but gain the ability to mount a nice ballistic. My gauss + 4 SSRM Hawk has been a monster. But if you're looking for the biggest boom, you'll end up needing to mix your weapons. The list that Victor posted gives a good examples of some of the blends that work well.

I've been playing with a 4 PPC Battlemaster, and while it's fairly nasty, if you alpha you shut down - plain and simple. I set it up to alternate PPC pairs, but even that isn't very good in an extended fight, and certainly isn't a "high alpha" build.

And I'm not sure if anyone has pointed you towards Smurfy's, but it's the best tool out there for mech planning. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#24 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

View PostTurist0AT, on 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

He said it.

If you want a simple murder machine, thats the one(3xAC-10 ILYA Muromets) to go with. Its the only mech in the game that can pack that firepower. You melt those atlases, You can flatout go kill two atlases in a row, with one overheat. You have effective range 450 meters (AC-20 has 270) and the amaizing fire rate. Nothing can top it.

While I can't endorse those, the 3 UAC/5 Ilya will afford you a similar "Click click click" one group experience. Plus that can run standard engine, no problem, if you're not throwing in lasers.

#25 N0t Me

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostTheB33f, on 02 January 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Just sayin...

haha this is awesome

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users