Mech Bay Enhancement

3 replies to this topic

#1 Vizan Thalt

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Let us move mechs in the bays we have so we can group certain mechs together for whatever reason we want. This would require we have at least one Open mech bay to move others. If you feel you must, make it cost creds for the crews to move them... flat rate per mech moved.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Confirmed to be part of the UI2.0 feature set. February 4th is the projected release date.

#3 Vizan Thalt

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

I have discovered several problems with this new UI that I am not in favor of. I have not found a way to move my mechs into the groups as I requested, and it seems that I am now FORCED to see the Trial Mechs currently in the queue... even when I am filtering for OWNED mechs ONLY. I do not care to see the Trial Mechs as I have plenty of my own mechs to choose from, so I do not care for the 'hard sell' they are doing by shoving the Trial Mechs in your face like it is currently.

I also find the UI to be lacking in the ability to lock the Prefered mode of combat... I will say that All as default is fine, but add a check box to the right of the other choices that will lock that choice and Override default so you don't have to always click the mode you prefer before you can even look for a match.

#4 Sir Tiddles

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

There are several things in the new UI that I really dislike as well.

1) The in-game store is significantly more obnoxious to navigate through.
a) Mechs are not grouped together by chassis in all cases. The catapults for example are not all right next to each other.
;) There is no filtering system at all, so if I want to buy a new mech I have to scroll through every variant in the game -- at the very least I should be able to filter by light/med/heavy/assault. Bonus points for having layered navigation
c) You can no longer tell what base weapons, hardpoints, armor, engine, etc, a variant has before clicking buy. At the very least there should be a highlight or select feature in the store similar to what is in the mech bay that lists the stats of the mech.

2) There is only a logout option from the out-of-match screen. This is a simple usability issue, but it is a big step back in player experience when you have to click twice the amount of buttons to exit the game -- I should be able to hit esc and select exit like I used to.

3) The Mech Bay is a step back in many areas in my opinion, and only better in very few ways, than the old UI.
a) In the loadout screen, there is no save button. To save my new configuration, I have to set everything up and then go to the weapons group and hit save when the popup comes. That is terrible.
:ph34r: I still can't save a configuration for a mech and switch between them easily. MW4 did this very well. It would be SO NICE to save a configuration, name it, and then switch between multiple configurations by selecting from a dropdown. If the player doesn't have all the required parts in stock, then you could either fail to load it with an error message about what is missing, or show the CBill cost with a yes/no choice to purchase the missing items. Sometimes I want to run my raven 3L in their face with med lasers and SRMs and sometimes I want to snipe with ERLL. I should be able to swap between these two configurations by choosing from a dropdown.
c) The noise the program makes at you when you scroll over a weapon/component/mech/etc is SUPER ANNOYING. If you must have it there, please allow me in the options menu to turn it off because it is so annoying I intentionally avoid going into the menus if there isn't anything I absolutely need to change.
d) The icons for all the components and such are far too large, and there is too much junk going on in the screen. Having a filtering system (smurfy mechspecs is a very good place to get ideas) would be a big help here as well. In fact, if you copied smurfy's UI completely, it would be about 99999 billion times better.
e) In general, getting info about the component/mech/weapon/etc you selected is annoying and doesn't present info in a very good way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users