11 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hello,

As I was browsing the Command Chair post, I noticed that you had a link to the page called "The Plan". It's great to see what you have in store for 2014, but people need a better way to see it. One problem with "The Plan" page is that it's not shown publicly. That makes it hard for people who want to see the content's progress. It needs to be shown on the main page so people can see and keep up with the content's progress easier.

Link:
http://mwomercs.com/theplan

Edited by Will9761, 01 January 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#2 stinkypuppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 153 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the great plains of canada

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

i agree it needs to be shown better especially since its somthing many people have be waiting for a long time. i only stumbled across it by accident by somthing a person posted in a reply in another topic and i was like "WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE FRONT PAGE!"

with somthing so important it needs to be shown better.

#3 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

It is helpful to see this information go public.

#4 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

Is there any chance you can put this info on the main page during this month or next month?

#5 Soulwalker

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Could you also put up a voting system in there so we can vote on what we would like to have released first and so forth.

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

You people can't be serious... "the plan" needs to be scrapped promptly it is an absolute joke that is in no way tied to the development process except for when the intern is told to add 5% here or there to I've the illusion of progress, what's the problem with doing what works so ell everywhere and just have a dev blog showing your progress, how about a screenshot of someone... Working? :D rather than introducing every new feature as a pre-order.

Can't believe people are stupid enough to believe a 5 min PowerPoint with a progress bar as a genuine indicator of progress from a company that has never been able to keep to schedule. Target demographic of idiots ftw

#7 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

View Post****** Cain, on 01 January 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

You people can't be serious... "the plan" needs to be scrapped promptly it is an absolute joke that is in no way tied to the development process except for when the intern is told to add 5% here or there to I've the illusion of progress, what's the problem with doing what works so ell everywhere and just have a dev blog showing your progress, how about a screenshot of someone... Working? :D rather than introducing every new feature as a pre-order.

Can't believe people are stupid enough to believe a 5 min PowerPoint with a progress bar as a genuine indicator of progress from a company that has never been able to keep to schedule. Target demographic of idiots ftw

You couldn't be more wrong. The Plan is actually very integral to this game, since its showing us how much progress and plans that the devs have in the works. We need more information about this game and vague answers and keeping people in the dark does not promote that. But if the devs can show this type of progress publicly, it will allow us to see the dev's work easier. It's also important information for the community because they have been waiting patiently for their content for some time now. If you can't understand the importance of the words "patience" and "progress", then you are a misguided fool. At least be thankful that we have roadmaps to expect this year, you forum-bashing ingrate.

Edited by Will9761, 01 January 2014 - 02:31 PM.

#8 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Will is correct, because I think 'the plan' page replaced the Ask the Devs aspect of this site :D

#9 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

does the % really progress in any way? or is it just a static picture ?
did you know that a new window appears when you click on "community warfare" square?

do these % also progress in any way?`

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

It will progress as they work on the content. But since its the month of January, they have to work on getting a lot of stuff off their plate first.

Edited by Will9761, 01 January 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#11 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Never knew I could click on the square and it'd give more info.

#12 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Don't count on these dimwits "plan".

Well, actually many of us are "dimwits" for believing anything the Devs or their board monitoring lackeys say.

They have basically 100% accuracy in the "things we promised but haven't delivered" category. Running a close 2nd is the "bury threads that embarrass the Developers" option.

I love MechWarrior, and I ponied up the cash to support it at the outset. After 18 months to 2 years waiting I am disappointed in their "progress", the fact they have gone back on their word (pillars anyone?), and their decision to pick-pocket the player base as much as possible rather than build a game and community.

I truly want this game to succeed, but in the past year they had done nothing but crush my hopes for the game.

I live near their studios. I personally DARE them to have me over as a guest and show me something that will make me take backmy words. If they truly do have some serious progress I will post a retraction of every negative comment I have placed on the boards and encourage other Founders to "hold the faith" while the Devs finish their work.

Otherwise, watching the Plan page is like buying a lottery ticket and thinking you are bound to win "this time".

Edited by TLBFestus, 01 January 2014 - 10:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users