- - - - -

Targeting

3 replies to this topic

#1 Montevius Williams

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

How does targeting work? I know how to get lockon, but sometimes, a mech will just drop from my lock when I have him in range and then 5 seconds later it reappears in my lock...Is it a lock breaker or something?

I use the Catapult CPLT C1

#2 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Several possibilities for this, and I'm sure I'll miss a couple;

If you or an ally lose line of sight on the target (It moves into cover), it will break your lock.

If your target has ECM, or gets covered by friendly (to the target) ECM, it can cause a target break if you don't have BAP or a TAG affecting the target (and BAP can't compete with multiple layers of ECM). PPCs also break ECM for 4 seconds, and it's conceivable, you have several of them rocking on your target, and for one reason or another, your team can't reliably hit the target with them any more. This actually rolls up several similar possibilities into one fuzzy mish mash of 'ECM is OP.'

Those are your most likely candidates for the seemingly random drops for your locks.

#3 Montevius Williams

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostMercer Skye, on 02 January 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

Several possibilities for this, and I'm sure I'll miss a couple;

If you or an ally lose line of sight on the target (It moves into cover), it will break your lock.

If your target has ECM, or gets covered by friendly (to the target) ECM, it can cause a target break if you don't have BAP or a TAG affecting the target (and BAP can't compete with multiple layers of ECM). PPCs also break ECM for 4 seconds, and it's conceivable, you have several of them rocking on your target, and for one reason or another, your team can't reliably hit the target with them any more. This actually rolls up several similar possibilities into one fuzzy mish mash of 'ECM is OP.'

Those are your most likely candidates for the seemingly random drops for your locks.

Well I have a tag equipped, so I think it's cover since it's a quick drop and then relock.

Thanks man, appreciate the help.

#4 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

+1 for a new player that knows how to target and actually does it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users