Old Gripe, But Still Worthy: Hunchback Needs More Module Slots!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Admittedly, this bugs me because it is a favorite chassis of mine. But I have them all mastered, and they only have 2 Module slots after that. Every PHX medium pretty well out does the HBK in every way imaginable (Heck the Griffin even stole the torso twist crown from the HBK!), yet can carry 3 modules.

Since the hunch is almost certainly not going to be fixed at this point (even though the Shadowhawk with a similar hunch seems to tank fine), would it not be reasonable, and easy to give the HBK 3-4 module slots? That would at least give people more incentive to run the little terrier of a brawler.

#2 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

It's only the Hunchback 4p with this problem (the only hunch that ends with 2). That being said, I think they need to be buffed to about starting with 3.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Dat power creep.

Undeniably, this game sorely needed an injection of powerful, tanky mediums like the Phoenix triplet, but the older ones need some lovin' of their own.

Edited by FupDup, 03 January 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#4 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

i guess every mech has it strengths and weaknesses, like fewer module slots. Now, I would care greatly if my ECM Atlas had only 2 module slots after full pilot efficiency upgrades..........

#5 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

But guess what, the AWESOME 8R has ONE HARDPOINT. That needs fixing badly! Tbh, the one's that are really good actually have much more hardpoints then the ones not so useful. Like Hunchback 4P is ghost heated badly already, but yet they still have a single module. Why Awesome (I know before it was the best LRM boat, but now...)? I'm actually gonna create a thread soon on this, why some mechs are just gimped in every possible way and some mechs are overly powerful (ahem DDC, 733C, Shadow Hawk, 3D, etc).

#6 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

might be cool if PGI gave non-jumpjet capable mechs more module slots than jumpjet enabled ones.

#7 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

The may have extra Module Slots down the road you can buy for MC only(say 6 additional slots max ).They could be in increments like first extra slot is a 1000 MC ,next is 2,000,then 4,000 so on and so on. :D

#8 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 03 January 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

might be cool if PGI gave non-jumpjet capable mechs more module slots than jumpjet enabled ones.

Exactly, or anything that is just better in other ways. I created a thread on this in gameplay balance.

View PostGreen Mamba, on 03 January 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

The may have extra Module Slots down the road you can buy for MC only(say 6 additional slots max ).They could be in increments like first extra slot is a 1000 MC ,next is 2,000,then 4,000 so on and so on. :D

Maybe, but well we really don't want the giant trolls with 6 airstrikes in a DDC just charging at everyone and killing everything. So if this ever were to happen, we need balance.

#9 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Make it to where a command console needs to be equipped in order to use arty/air strikes or only "scout" mechs or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users