Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostJakob Knight, on 17 January 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Aff, I am never unmindful of the work the Technician Caste does to keep my mech functional (though I also attempt to not require their efforts as much as possible). I do, however, become slightly irritated when there are so many several are needed to replace one illumination unit. I become even moreso when I keep coming into the dropbay and find one sitting in my cockpit asking when he/she will be granted a second chance to test out because 'I did not study enough the first time'.

I will tell you my own version of a popular joke told in the Inner Sphere:

"How many Clanners does it take to change a broken lightbulb? Seven: A scientist to discover why it stopped working, a merchant to request a new one, another one to ship it, a laborer to actually screw it , a technician to switch it on and two warriors to fight to take credit for the job".

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 January 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

My techs would absolutely adore you. I routinely give them barely functional mechs to put back together. If my mech is not a shambling mess of barely functional parts held together with duct tape, good wishes, and myomer strands then clearly I was not fighting hard enough. :unsure:

We should learn from the Inner Sphere.. Have you tried ComStar prayers? :D

Edited by CyclonerM, 20 January 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#22 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 18 January 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

I will tell you my own version of a popular joke told in the Inner Sphere:

"How many Clanners does it take to change a broken lightbulb? Aa scientist to discover why it stopped working, a merchant to request a new one, another one to ship it, a laborer to actually screw it , a technician to switch it on and two warriors to fight to take credit for the job."

bravo my good sir, too true.

#23 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 20 January 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

bravo my good sir, too true.

As i hinted i just took it from someone who told it in the good old BT jokes thread and changed it because i did not remember it. But thank you anyway :rolleyes: Ah that thread..The best jokes were those which could be understood only by a few passionated BTreaders. I shall write again some of the best jokes, quiaff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users