6 replies to this topic

#1 InKerenskyWeTrust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hello. I haven't posted much here but have played off and on for about a year.

Anyways, I fell in love with the Awesome Mechs early on and spent a lot of time learning how to be effective in them. But, a few weeks ago I felt I wasn't doing as good as I could and decided I wanted to learn/master the other assault mechs. I have sense mastered the Battlemasters, but am unsure of which assault mech to master next.

As a plus after spending a week in Battlemasters I have actually gotten better at my 9M which makes me feel like this is the right direction.

So any advise that the fine people of this community might have to offer would be very much appreciated.

Edit: Just realized that people might like to know what I like about the 9M and Battlemasters. I like to brawl/skirmish and I like mobility and being able to pick engagements.

Edited by Daoa Hakoke, 05 January 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#2 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

If you want mobility, then Victor. Cataphract is also considerable even though it isn't an assault. Also, try out the Highlander trial, see how that feels.

#3 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

I would recommend the Victor, it's the same weight as the Awesome and can equip Jump Jets. The -9S and -9B variants can mount an AC20 for a great punch, and all standard variants can support large engines up to a rating of 385.

edit: Ninja'd :ph34r:
double edit: corrected a derp

Edited by CyborgDragon, 06 January 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

You probably enjoy the speed of the AWS/BLR so the VTR should be right up your alley. After that I would recomme d the HGN. Heavier and more cumbersome than the first three, it has the added mobility of JJs that will make for a nice transition to the Stalkers and Atlas as they play veeeery differently from the "fast" assaults you seem to be comfortable with.

P.s. Cyborg VTR are 80 like the AWS. BLR are 85 like Stalkers.

Edited by Lukoi, 05 January 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#5 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

View PostLukoi, on 05 January 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

P.s. Cyborg VTR are 80 like the AWS. BLR are 85 like Stalkers.

Oh whoops, my bad :( Thanks for the correction :ph34r:

#6 InKerenskyWeTrust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for the advice the progression of victor highlander stalker atlas sounds good. Will give the victor a go tonight.

#7 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

I love Victors. A guy I drop with is convinced that the XL 360 is the most effective engine for them and I have had success building around that. Here are the two that I run right now. The 9S is pretty standard, but the 9K might be a little different. I like trying to do well with "non-traditional" builds. With that in mind, you can easily replace the Gauss with AC/10 and switch out the MPL for ML to make room for bigger/different missiles. Hope these help give you some ideas and stuff.

9S - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dd3bb70f6d4d2d7

9K - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...79802bc85da9f8e

Edit: P.S., I just hit "Max Armor." Armor distribution is, of course, subjective.

Edited by Commodore Perspicuous, 06 January 2014 - 07:18 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users