Ammo Types?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ratheron

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

ya know this is something I think that would add a huge amount of unknown's too the game.. What if a ballistic mech could carry diff types of ammo to possibly make it easier to hit out to range or sacrifice range for more punch or even have flack type ammo for lights.. What about adding crystals too lasers to allow fine tuning of say beam duration or distance or possibly sacrifice distance for damage or duration for distance.. possibly have a pulse that could fire like a machine gun... Missles that when fired create a cluster bomb effect.. I mean there is so much that can be done with just ammo alone to create a much more complete battlefield..

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostRatheron, on 06 January 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

ya know this is something I think that would add a huge amount of unknown's too the game.. What if a ballistic mech could carry diff types of ammo to possibly make it easier to hit out to range or sacrifice range for more punch or even have flack type ammo for lights.. What about adding crystals too lasers to allow fine tuning of say beam duration or distance or possibly sacrifice distance for damage or duration for distance.. possibly have a pulse that could fire like a machine gun... Missles that when fired create a cluster bomb effect.. I mean there is so much that can be done with just ammo alone to create a much more complete battlefield..

Without having to do any of that they can use preexisting ammo types from the IP.
Thunder ammo
Incendiary rounds
stuff like that

They're already talking about piloting skills that increase range at the sacrifice of heat which is way out there in my opinion but the more you add in when it comes to stuff like this? The less Btech it becomes. Just stick to the IP as much as possible. There's tons to options in there

#3 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

good idea, and it is a part of battletech....i just wonder what kind of programming would be required to add these changes.......

#4 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 622 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

That would require a dev to read a Technical Read Out from the IP.

#5 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

lol, Im pretty sure the current Dev's had no idea what BT was until being told they would be developing a new MW.

I also think thats why ECM is so dorked up.

#6 Dinsdale Ito Piranha

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

It would be nice to be able to use LBX with either solid shot or cluster.....maybe someday.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Actually there's at least one that's a huge Btech fan in general. I don't agree with them on a LOT of things they do and say but I honestly do believe they understand Btech. I just don't think they know how to translate things well sometimes.

#8 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Yeah one... And hes overrunned by junk of call of duty wonabes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users