8 replies to this topic

#1 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Remove the company command option from the pre-drop screen and add it to UI2.0 drop prep for FULL company drops only.

#2 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

doesnt matter
only few people gets killed for picking company command... and only those that are not smart enough to not change people in lances :wub:

#3 Goose Igaly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

The command feature can be very useful in PUG matches if used correctly. Most matches I play no one messes with the feature. I have been fortunate enough that most times I take company command the other players on my team listen.

#4 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

I love directing pugs with the lance commands, I love it better when they actually listen

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Sadly I think this one was already added to my list :wub:

I was hoping I'/d finally get something new to add, it's been a while :D

#6 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

*clicks link; ctrl-F's for Sandpit; nods approvingly*

#7 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

Never used it, never bothered.

Maybe when the command console does something.

#8 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

I once in a while use it. It's only useful if Pugs aren't Pugs. I'll give a few examples of good usage and bad usage.

Once, we were splitting up so badly on Forest Colony (literally we had afks at base, some guys bathing in the ocean, some guys fighting in the main land, some guys in the tunnel, some guys randomly sniping, etc) that I decided to screw it and take control. We got back together near instantly in the water as I ordered everyone to group and even though we lost a full lance, the two lances remaining including myself killed the three lances on their side and turned it into a well fought game 12 to 6.

However, sometimes people suck at commanding. A couple times in Crimson Straits, once someone told us all to go to the tunnel, then only my premade went to tunnel. We tried to fight back, but then we got decimated while the stupid Pugs went to d4-d5 pass and retreated to the tunnel, where everyone got eradicated one by one. Another time on skirmish, someone ordered a full power down near city building scenario to attempt to ambush, but then we got pretty much nailed down all the way. That was frustrating as well. And sometimes people take command to troll and mess with lances, which is how to get teamkilled if there was a premade. (hey I don't like that either, but I'm not going to shoot my own team if the guy doesn't want to for a reason, he's commander after all.)

So, it's good if the commander isn't drunk (or if he actually commands rather than trolling/afk/simply not do anything).

#9 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

I find the company commander option to be very useful in PUG skirmish matches. If I tell people that it's skirmish so there's no reason to split up then nobody listens. If I tell them with a giant star next to my name then people listen maybe a third of the time. That's a huge improvement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users