Hunchback Hero - Grid Iron

278 replies to this topic

#41 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

View Poststjobe, on 07 January 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Especially when the "limited edition" is 500 MC more than the regular edition - which just happens to be the price of the Hula Girl bobblehead...

They're not marketing geniuses, that's for sure.

They don't have to be geniuses as long as the people with cash aren't geniuses either.

#42 Seeker57

• Pip
  • Guardian
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Still don't understand. I bought the mech and the cheerleader bobblehead doesn't show up. Does it become available later?

#43 smurph1983

• Pip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

have you tried going into cockpit items and selecting it.?

#44 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

if you buy the Special Edition you have the Cheerleader in cockpit

#45 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Too bad that gauss have charge up, i bet this would be a beast with normal gauss, but yeah...

#46 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostMonkeyDCecil, on 07 January 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Poor mans Shadowhawk. And I love Hunchbacks.

Shadowhawk is cheaper in MC*

It's a Hunchback for Hunchback pilots, nothing more. The SHD does everything it can do, and better (other than have 3 ML, big whoop). They made it limited edition and I've saved exactly enough of my MC from 2 years ago to get it, plus the HBK was my favorite mech for a long time. I would never buy MC to get it, but since I have it...

EDIT: wow limited edition one is more expensive, I'm not special enough for that. NOPE

[redacted]

Edited by miSs, 07 January 2014 - 09:21 PM.
discussing moderation actions

#47 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

I don't know about the regular edition, but someone posted earlier that the mech when targeted is actually named "Grid Iron Limited Edition", so the limited edition looks to be uniquely named, at least.

#48 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Poeple play nice. I am so tired of reading the issues with new stuff in this game.

This mech has an amazing spread of weapon spots. Head laser. eash are has a laser. each torso has ammo weapons. The layout is good for losing body parts and laying down some good fire. The ability to turn is retained and the existance of balistic slots is nice as well. The only thing I see is this mech is specialized for sustained damage not alpha strike or as a sniper/ ranged hunchback. This change in play will make me enjoy seeing this mech as it will not be only a brawler though it could be a good one. The idea of a sniper hunch is amusing.

I also would like to add this mech may be one of the few to get a down graded engin as an "upgrade". The thought brings a smile to me.

#49 Metalsand

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostCimarb, on 07 January 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

You do realize that SRMs aren't the only missiles, right? There are quite a lot of people that like LRMs and lots of people still use SRMs even though the HR isn't the greatest. Since a lot of people like to brawl with them, you could also swap the gauss for an LBX or AC20 and use the missile hardpoint for a narc.

Look children! Some poor misguided soul thinks narcs are worth using and LRM 5's are worth using alone!

That poor fool. Don't grow up like him, children!

#50 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostMetalsand, on 07 January 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

Look children! Some poor misguided soul thinks narcs are worth using and LRM 5's are worth using alone!

Honestly, I keep forgetting NARC beacons are even in the game until someone mentions it again..

#51 Metalsand

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

View Poststjobe, on 07 January 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

It's a ridiculous build. I just tried it out on my Founder 4G for the first time (used to run a more conservative AC/20+2ML) and had one of these matches:

Posted Image

Thats...a pretty standard match actually. I've had twice that damage score in other good mechs so your match isn't saying much.

#52 Phromethius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

You know what hasn't been said? That video made me realize that... IT WOULD BE FRIGGIN COOL AS HELL TO HAVE A FREE ROTATING CAMERA ATTACHED AT A FIXED ORBIT DURING A PLAYBACK OF A MATCH. Let us enjoy the amazing modeling of these mechs PLEASE. I want to see my mech as it was in a battle. It would show you all too bugs in the geometry better, invisible clipping walls and let us oogle at the artwork you have provided. I like it. Will probably buy this just because.

#53 Metalsand

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostMonky, on 07 January 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

A clever move would have been selling it without charging for the bobble head until feb 4th, then if people want to get a bobblehead afterwards it costs money...

See, people like deals.

You're assuming their marketing team actually knows how to sell a product? You do remember the whole deal with the clan mechs right?

#54 Low351

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

C'mon guys, I assumed, like an {Dezgra} that the cheerleader bobblehead was a bonus for buying early. Then I go to purchase this and find that I have to pay and extra 500mc to get it. I don't even really want it, just thought it was a cool incentive. You really seem to nickle and dime us...

#55 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostCimarb, on 07 January 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Make our favorite collegiate paint jobs and you have my money! Feel free to add OU first :lol:

Posted Image

As a Buccaneer fan, I appreciate the homage to NFL HOF #63 Lee Roy Selmon

#56 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

View PostMetalsand, on 07 January 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostMetalsand, on 07 January 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Thats...a pretty standard match actually. I've had twice that damage score in other good mechs so your match isn't saying much.

Wow, full of yourself much?

#57 RobinSage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Inner Sphere

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Was driving my HUNCHY 4G(F) all last night....our prediction was right. Hero HUNCHY! Thnx PGI for a job well done!

Visit our coverage of the MWO HERO HUNCHY at www.twitch.tv/hardcorpgaming

Cheers PGI!

#58 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 07 January 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

One planet that was taken by the Ghost Bears was won by and old and obscure game, american foot ball.

Sheliak (DC) December 3051

Attackers: 78th Elemental Support Binary (68th Striker Cluster, Delta Galaxy)

Defenders: Sheliak Professional Football League

Major Battle Site: Kurita Stadium

Outcome: Of little strategic value and with no military to defend them the planetary government of Sheliak was in a state of panic when the commissioner of the Sheliak Professional Football League, Jimmy "Straight Jim" Lorne, proposed something bold. Believing the Clans knew nothing of the rules, he proposed that the fate of the planet be decided by a game of "American" football: if the Ghost Bears won they could claim the planet, if they lost Sheliak would remain free. Desperate the planet's governors consented to the plan, and to their surprise the Ghost Bears agreed to play. Unfortunately they had no idea that the Clans still played the game, nor had they counted on the opposing team being composed of eight-foot-tall Elementals. The final score of the game was 84 to 3, and in the postgame show the planetary government officially handed Sheliak over to the Ghost Bears.
http://www.sarna.net...Clan_Ghost_Bear

Yes - but, who is supposed to be the pilot of Grid Iron? What is their affiliation, and outlook?

I was hoping that with Jester's story of Leigh Voss, having some backstory for those Hero 'Mechs that don't seem to have direct ties to established BT characters would become more of a regular occurrence...

#59 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostFast Eddie, on 07 January 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

So much whine on these forums! If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Don't like this forum? Don't read it.

#60 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

If PGI would spent half as much effort in core features as in this soundtrack I´d actually consider spending money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users