- - - - -

Lore Question

11 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior2730241

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

In regards to the name I have choosen, and to keep the Battletech story balanced where would Kerensky's go as far as Houses? someone wanna drop a BT history lesson on me since I am a little rusty from my extended leave of absense. Thanks in advance

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

He wouldn't go to any of the houses. He exiled himself from the Inner Sphere specifically because he got tired of their constant shenanigans.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean any Kerensky, or THE Kerensky?

Edited by FupDup, 09 January 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#3 Varent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostDrKerensky, on 09 January 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

In regards to the name I have choosen, and to keep the Battletech story balanced where would Kerensky's go as far as Houses? someone wanna drop a BT history lesson on me since I am a little rusty from my extended leave of absense. Thanks in advance

Clans or Merc Corp.

#4 MechWarrior2730241

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I mean the Kerensky's in general, Merc Corp it is then.

#5 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

If you mean faction, Clan Wolf "inherited" the Kerensky bloodline although you could make an argument for a Bondsman Kerensky in any Clan, it is certainly plausiable in Clan canon.

If you mean house, there was a storyline somewhere that Alexander Kerensky favoured a Davion succession or a Liao one (apparenty Barabara Liao had a reputation as a peacemaker during that timeline which was Alexanders agenda, bringing peace) but the bottom line is that no one could agree and eventually Kurita pushed its agenda with a more combative diplomatic proposal (ie, they attacked).

#6 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostFupDup, on 09 January 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

He wouldn't go to any of the houses. He exiled himself from the Inner Sphere specifically because he got tired of their constant shenanigans.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean any Kerensky, or THE Kerensky?

Exile is kinda the right word. It is certainly the word used in much of the lore but it is a little self serving / propaganda too.

Basically the 5 Starlords stripped him of authority and responsibilties (each was concerned that the SLDF would either wipe them out or use their military might to stage a coup).

Once he had no authority over political affairs of the SLDF, the Starlords could determine themselves who would rule (each thinking their claim was superior)

Kerensky then sent a personal appeal to all commands saying (basically) "This sucks, I'm off, come along if you like" and a massive percentage of the SLDF did exactly that.

So he wasn't forced out of the IS, but he was certainly made to feel unwelcome in all corners of it by the Starlords. More importantly, impotent in terms of ability to influence peace amongst the stars as had been his long standing mission.

If you take a somewhat cynical view you can look at from another side which the subsequent developments in Clan space do support. This is that Alexander was a bit miffed that he had power removed and was keen to be a Starlord himself.

But without a population or industrial base he could not enforce a long term tenure to any claim, and the SLDF was badly worn down after years of war with the Periphary and then the Usurper. He couldn't militarily fight all 5 Starlords and defend the Terrn Hemogony.

Hence a short absence, establishing those industrial / supply line issues and returning with all the firepower the SLDF possessed might have been his original plan.

His son Nicholas certainly expounded the idea to returning to the IS and enforcing domination over it (there is a Warden and Crusader views of how this would be effected) but canon does not specify if this is his original thought or carrying on his fathers dreams. Much of Nicholas's work is all done under the auspice thats it's what his father wanted so it not unplausiable.

#7 MechWarrior2730241

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Very interesting, and quite appealing depending on which side you believe. Apprieciate the history lesson, I have recently started reading books, something i havent been keen on but with old age comes new routines. I am thinking BT would be a great series to read since Im already interested.

Here is another riddle if your up for it, What do you know about the Bounty Hunter? The folk lore states his/her mech was an origanally Kerensky's Maurader?

#8 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

There have been a lot of Bounty Hunters. Which one specifically?

But yeah. The Kerensky line can be found throughout all the Clans due to Bondsman and stuff over the years. It's a very, very common blood name for MW pilots, less common in the lore, honestly. But still present.

ED: I hilariously suspect there's a lot of people with the last name Kerensky living in the InnerSphere, that never gets brought up. I want to see a die hard IS pilot named Jack "No relation" Kerensky now.

#9 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostDrKerensky, on 09 January 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Very interesting, and quite appealing depending on which side you believe. Apprieciate the history lesson, I have recently started reading books, something i havent been keen on but with old age comes new routines. I am thinking BT would be a great series to read since Im already interested.

Here is another riddle if your up for it, What do you know about the Bounty Hunter? The folk lore states his/her mech was an origanally Kerensky's Maurader?

There is no lore / canon I know of that Kerensky ever piloted a Marauder.

TR 3025 identifies the Orion as his mech of choice but not how long he had it. It is an old chassis so I suspect it was his ride for a long time.

There are a couple of bounty hunters in time lines of the canon. The Marauder one was in 3025 and he is basically a "mystery man", the arch typical villian. He re appears in a short story during the 4th succession war (a BT magazine I think) but remains a mystery identity.

If you want a real riddle, is the Comguard actually Clan Wolverine?

#10 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

I suppose there could be a blood related Kerenskys that were periphial to the General which held no military standing at the time and remained in the IS. I know of no full geneology of the character. So if you want to role play as a distant relative then be in whichever house or merc unit you want. I would image a lot of people not related have the same family name.

His direct known decendents are Clanners.

#11 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostSuomiWarder, on 11 January 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

I suppose there could be a blood related Kerenskys that were periphial to the General which held no military standing at the time and remained in the IS. I know of no full geneology of the character. So if you want to role play as a distant relative then be in whichever house or merc unit you want. I would image a lot of people not related have the same family name.

His direct known decendents are Clanners.

I'd figure it's like the last name Smith. Not all Smiths are related and there's a ton of them.

#12 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Yes, there are plenty of Kerensky's in IS space non descendants.

Natasha originally played on that when the Dragoons came to town.

Nicolas had no kids that I recall, so his direct descendants are all True borns of Clan Wolf who own the gentic material.

All Bloodnames have a traditional Bloodcount of 25 so in theory there should be no more than 25 Kerensky's across all of Clan space, bondsman included as bloodnames cross Clan allegiences. I think a Lore master is excluded from the count so there might be 26 if that rank is held by a Kerensky.

Obviously there are a lot more Kerensky's who have not earned the bloodname, (ie, Jack, Robyn, Harry ^_^) but how to determine the number I have no idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users