Mercenaries

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Questions (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a legit concern?

1. Yes (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

So within the lore of Mech Warrior, Battle Tech, etc. there is the concept of mercenaries. These independent contractors 'have gun, will travel'. The are contracted all over the inner sphere to fight for people who want some/additional muscle to take down an opposition force of mechs.

How will this work without any sort of peer to peer C-Bill or Item transfers?

(all hypothetical)
My unit of Marik Militia Members have been attacked by scurrilous Davion scum. Now these Davion scum are kicking our buts because they have better equipment/greater numbers/more skill. How do we hire mercenaries to take up our cause before we lose the lands which we protect?

I am just curious if this questions has been asked and what if any answers have been tendered?

Are the MMM doomed to lose to the Davion despite having enough money in the bank to hire some extra muscle?

If these questions have not been asked I'd like to solicit some ideas you've had for how this would work.

#2 BL00D RAVEN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

from what i remember from a dev post the mercs will fight for different planets fringe than the houses and gain them for the house based on AI contracts they select... so if your house is losing matches and house planets then the mercs wont really help

#3 Choppah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationIn transit, ETA unknown.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 10 January 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

How will this work without any sort of peer to peer C-Bill or Item transfers?

IIRC, players are allowed to make contracts. How exactly that will be implemented is not known. Hopefully, it will be in a way that eliminates gold farmers, whilst not being too unrewarding or too difficult/easy.

#4 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

I actually just happened to writeup a bit on contracting ideas. It's right below this thread.

#5 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Lone Wolf mercs will fill in light drops during faction battles. Merc corps will likely either do the same, or will fight on behalf of one faction or another as a 12-man drop either against faction teams or against other mercs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users