Officially Licensed Hardware

2 replies to this topic

#1 Hello Lion

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNorf Karolinuh

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

How about officially licensed hardware (joysticks and the like) for MWO? This serves the purpose of both generating revenue for the game and giving players the opportunity to use a control system that has been created with the input of the game designers. You could even have a default mapping for these controllers, making them plug and play for people who want to experience a more in-depth level of control but don't want to spend a bunch of time carefully mapping out the controls.

I don't imagine these controllers giving the players who buy them a serious advantage, as this game is designed for different levels of control-scheme based on player hardware/desire, and each player will find their level of comfort and pick the hardware that best suits their ideas about how they want to play, but it would still be a neat thing to have.

On top of these benefits these pieces of official hardware could also look really awesome. Saitek's stuff (as well as the hardware made by other companies) is great, but it wasn't built with futuristic fighting robot in mind. The officially licensed hardware on the other hand could look like it was ripped straight from a cockpit from the year 3049 and deposited into our laps.

Any thoughts from the community or the developers on this idea would be appreciated!

#2 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Two ways to go about this... I have high quality stuff (CH or MSFFB). So, the stuff would need to compete with that to pique my interest.

Or, they could go the HawX way and make mediocre sturdy stuff, (Like the excellent Thrustmaster HOTASX) that I would give to my kids to enjoy. Either way they get my money with this.

#3 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

I'd be happy if they slapped a nice casing on a logitech whatever!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users