• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAt Sea

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

How about random light and weather conditions on certain maps? Or even preset daylight and weather conditions. Why is it never nighttime in the Canyon, and it never snows on Alpine? Or rains on forest colony?

This would refresh the game significantly.

#2 Helliouse

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada, Western parts (AB)

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

I agree with this, one thing to note is a battle only lasts 15 minutes. Unless we are fighting on a very small fast spinning planet we are not going to see drastic light changes. But random weather and lighting (day/night/dawn/dusk) conditions per map is a great idea.

I also think that having each map have 4-5 different starting positions would really help to liven up the matches. It also wouldn't really take much on PGI's end. It allows them to recycle resources and give the players different tactical positions on each map.

Community feed back would be key in setting new start points. Set up a pole with 5 new start locations top 3 make it in game. This might help some players find a little love for some of the less liked maps.

#3 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Personally I would absolutly love a large urban map with tall buildings and narrow streets. Maybe a park or something off to one side. Something with very little topography, but angled streets and avenues. Honestly the map from the 2009 trailer would be nice even without the destructable terrain.

#4 dak irakoz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

If they want to capture the feeling of inner-sphere-wide combat with tons of locales, we need a whole bunch of basic simple maps that can be created in large quantities or maybe even maps that are just some procedurally generated terrain and some buildings, in order to create a large amount of variety among planets and systems.

Edited by dak irakoz, 15 July 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#5 Jeon Ji Yoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

I'd like to see a wilderness type area from Crimson Straight map. Maybe a inlet area with lots of hills and rivers broken up with mountains. They could add the train tracks from the original map that crosses through it.

The other "spin-off" map I'd like to see is the far off outpost and frozen lake from alpine that rarely sees action.

As far as new maps, I like the dense city idea. What I'd really like to see is a underground map. There could be very high ceilings (for lrms but have the chambers separated by narrow tunnels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users