Answered

273 replies to this topic

#261 Silent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 January 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

You're suggesting that the MODs get a separate account for posting opinions?

Wow, talk about wanting to head down a slippery slope of potential for Mod abuse.

At least then when they want to stir up drama and fan the flames in a thread they don't like (so they can rile people up and move it) they wouldn't have to use their moderator account and be called out on it later.

#262 Infernus1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRuss's Island

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 January 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Why's everyone gotta dis on K Town?
It's my belief that all threads should originate in K Town then be moved to the appropriate forum after it's been carefully vetted by the K Town staff.

i actually agree with you for once since the staff only reply to posts once they have been moved there.

#263 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostInfernus1986, on 13 January 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

well that's because he is hostile towards anyone not saying nice things, so its ok to act that way
don't even bother going down this road they will just ignore the instigators as always and allow this stuff to continue because its convenient for them.
Hence the reason the place to talk about MWO is anywhere but the MWO forums.
I do have to commend the mod team for all of their hard work in ktown it would be nice if they would participate that much elsewhere on the forum.

In Roadbeer's defense he treats the white knights the same way when they get all deranged as well. Though, he does go a bit over the top sometimes, but that is to be expected from someone who died at my hands. :D

#264 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

If a mod wants to post an opinion, insert a disclaimer. Otherwise, it can be construed as something that it is not.

Otherwise, a mod is supposed to have a higher standard (to themselves, not just to the community)... else you're effectively considered a "corrupt" mod (like corrupt police/politicians). If a mod cannot be respectful at all times, then they should hold off from posting because nothing good will come out of it. I know this obviously can be said to the community at large, but, there's no excuse for a mod to exercise their power w/o just cause.

In some cases, there's a lot of needless snark that has been posted.. mods and others.

Edited by Deathlike, 13 January 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#265 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Thanks for taking the time for some real talk. I guess my question about the this thread in particular was why it was moved to k-town by an IGP staff member without any comment. One of the biggest frustrations with this game is poor communication to the community. Russ even made that big post apologizing, yet here we are again.

#266 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Quick someone contact HG maybe they will sue and we can finally be rid of this abomination

#267 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Emailing support about forum management can be hazardous.

#268 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostFenix0742, on 13 January 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Thanks for taking the time for some real talk. I guess my question about the this thread in particular was why it was moved to k-town by an IGP staff member without any comment. One of the biggest frustrations with this game is poor communication to the community. Russ even made that big post apologizing, yet here we are again.

Probably because it was done over the weekend and if the IGP staff member wasn't sure how to deal with the thread; they made a choice. It wasn't the best one but it's been made and we can learn. Russ is my boss, PGI, and I'm super committed to communicating with you guys much more often.

This kind of action makes me want to create a thread called "S41T Kyle needs to see." that you guys can let me know when things happen that bother you guys so I can comment and deal with it for you.

I also recommend to ask for official clarification for a moderator/staff action; I think this could help.

#269 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostKyle Polulak, on 13 January 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Probably because it was done over the weekend and if the IGP staff member wasn't sure how to deal with the thread; they made a choice. It wasn't the best one but it's been made and we can learn. Russ is my boss, PGI, and I'm super committed to communicating with you guys much more often.

This kind of action makes me want to create a thread called "S41T Kyle needs to see." that you guys can let me know when things happen that bother you guys so I can comment and deal with it for you.

I also recommend to ask for official clarification for a moderator/staff action; I think this could help.

Thanks for the response. Even acknowledging the issue that they're not qualified to proceed is better than nothing at all; it gives the impression that it's just being swept under the rug with all the other "trash" that gets sent there.

#270 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

You have a weekend too and I believe that you addressed it promptly enough on Monday morning. I do not really see this as a "mission critical" disaster that needs weekend work. Thank you for everything Kyle.

#271 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

I'm as harsh as they come but props for admitting the wrong and owning up to it.

#272 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

Honestly, what I think would help understanding better is that, when a moderator needs to make an action, if there was a policy in place that makes them have to create a post saying what the action was that they took and a short reason why they took it. (Like when they have to edit someone's post, they normally leave a "Removed stuff of this nature" comment explaining the action.)

Other than that, I've personally had no problems with any moderator in general.

I make that suggestion because I once had a thread that was about one topic, and then it ended up being merged with another topic that was similar, but was discussing a different subject entirely. It's like talking about the function of ACs, and having your thread be merged with another thread that is comparing AC damage to Laser damage. (Wasn't the topic of my thread, just a stated example.) If the moderator who merged the threads made a post explaining why, even a couple word reason, I could have reported the merge to Support as improper and state my reasons why, unless their reasons made sense to me. (Hopefully in a respectful and polite manner.)

As for Egomane's theories he was stating, I had the same thoughts he mentioned. So I don't feel he was out of place in mentioning those thoughts at all. Any reaction by other people I saw as an overreaction to a sound theory that had proper concepts behind it. He did not say with any certain terms that any theory was correct.
I would also like to mention that someone else was "improper" enough to post a screen of Egomane's post on another site, denying Egomane any way of defending himself or responding to said post. That was rude and uncalled for. (I've debated with Egomane myself before on the opposite side of the discussion from him. He was not a bad "foe" to debate against, and he did no disreputable acts despite some misphrased words from me.) (He probably doesn't even recall the incident either I bet!)

#273 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Destined is correct; this thread was about the Google Ads mishap; and if there is any new information I will add it here and re-open the discussion for just this topic.

Also we've also reached out to Shimmering Sword about how to rectify it.

Also, if you feel you need to vent for not being listened too properly, PM me on the forums. I will respond if I can do anything about it.

#274 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

Good news everyone,

MMOTraffic has been scolded vehemently about their misuse of Shimmer Swords artwork; and the ads should be gone from the internet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users