5 replies to this topic

#1 Wheels

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 37 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

This refers to the IM in the client, in game, and the forum word editor, when chatting with friends the following issues happen:
1. Most of the time while typing it will miss/delete letters while you are typing
2. Sometimes the delete key does not work and you have to use the backspace key to delete
3. If someone hits enter to show their comments while you are typing then it knocks you off the typing bar and I have to hit tab like 7 times to get back to the typing bar
4. It also deletes spaces between words so that your words are all jammed up together.
5. Also, why is the enter key on the number pad not work for in game chat? You can only use the enter key on the primary keyboard, come on, it is an ENTER key it should be activated.

Not as bad as it was before, but it is still a hassle to type an IM only to have letters deleted or knocked off the typing bar while typing and then having to tab or use the mouse to get back to it. Why is it so hard to fix something as simple as an Instant Messenger. You are paying for the license for MWO from MS so pay a little more and get MS IM. I would prefer VOIP to chat but that option is not available then having to type messages while in battle, I should not have to battle the dang CHAT to do so. Issues 1., 2., and 3. affect this word editor as well, since the errors below were created right here.

Ok, here' an example, above I made all the corrections that the chat had made errors on, now below I will type without correcting the errors from the chat. Enjoy...

This refers to the M in heclient, in game, and the foum word editor, when chatting wth friends the followingissues happen:

1. Most of te tie while typingit willmiss/delete letters while you are typig
2. Sometimes th delete key does no work and you have to ue thebackspace key to delete
3. If someonhis enter to show their comments while you are typing then it knocks you of the typin ba and I have to hit tab like 7 times o get back t the typing bar
4. It also delte spaces between words so that your words are all jammed up together.
5. Also, why is th enter key on th number pad not wor fo in game chat? You can only use the enter key on the prmary keyboard, cme on, it is an ENTER key it should beactivated.
Not as bad as it was before, but it is stilla hassle to type a IM only to have letters deleted or knocked off the typinbar while typing ad then having to tab or ue te **** to get backtoit. Why is itso hrd to fix something as simple as an Intant Messenger. You are payingfor th license for MOW from MS so pay a little moe andget MS IM . I would pefer VOIP tochat but thatoption is not available thenhaving to type messaes while inbattle,I shoul not have to battle the dang CHAT to do so. Issues 1., 2., and 3. affect this word editor as well, since the errors below were created right here.

So, wht do you think? Problem? We need a solution PGI, Please. Heh heh, not sure what was deleted for the editor to think a bad word had been used instead of "mouse", too funny.

#2 Grickshaft

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

i agree, i hate the chat systems, its so clunky and error prone. its almost impossible to 'command' your team in its current situation.

please we need hotkeys for orders or to relay simple info that you have acquired.

also its terrible by now you cannot hover over a friendly and see their loadout to get some idea of your lancemates/team mates...obviously UI 2.0 will solve this issue, but its just adds to how difficult they have made 'pugging'

it would also make it ALOT more newcomer friendly...imagine a newcomer trying to participate and relay combat info...why would i need to completely stop my mech to relay 'enemy spotted in H8'

#3 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

I honestly never have problems typing in chat, except when it changes between the starting, game and finishing screen where it cuts you off mid-word.

#4 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

The "lobby" chat IS beyond the pale horrible. I would like to see the chat remain available while you and/or your team are searching for a game, rather than stopping the minute you hit Launch. The problem I have is with the idea that the person you're typing with continues to show up as a green icon, but there is no chance for them to respond, and you hit enter in time to see USER NOT AVAILABLE. That is utterly maddening, and needs to be stopped.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostWheels, on 12 January 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

In-game and out-of-game typing problems.

You've got two different problems here.

#1: Forum typing problems. This is due to recent versions of IE (10 and newer) having changes to their engine. Any forum using the same software as MW:O's forum does will have the same problems. There may be some workarounds the PGI web team might be able to try, but it is NOT their fault. It's Microsoft monkeying around with IE. They have the most common browser in the world, but it's actually the least compatible.

Anyway, the best workaround for the forum is to upgrade to using Firefox, Chrome, or Opera as browser. No problems whatsoever with any of those (I have all of them installed and test them regularly). All three are more compatible with more websites than IE.

#2: In-game typing problems. I don't know what it is about your machine, but I've never once had a problem typing while in-game. Not in-match, and not when using the Social tabs in the front end (I don't often use the Social tabs for chat, but every time I have it has worked fine). I haven't tried using the numpad Enter key, so I don't know whether it works for me.

And Kay -- the reason why you cannot chat with others while in-match is because you are no longer connected to the same systems. When you hit Launch, you transfer over to the match servers and lose connection with the Lobby servers. It will likely be the same way even when the new system comes.

#6 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

teamchat color hue is hard to read :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users