1 reply to this topic

#1 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

At the moment the Match making is (if im correct here) putting new players in the middle of the ELO bracket and depending on their stats (scores) depends on their grading within that ELO the more matches are played and its this principle that ascertains all players ELO rating?

I have noticed more of recent to be honest that matches are becoming more and more un-balanced in various aspects:-

1. Skill level of players
2. Overall weight
3. Multiple same mech build lances

I would like to suggest that for public drop matches (pug) where groups may consist of 2 to 4 players and clan's are not trying to sync drop then i think a system where each lance consists of 1 light mech, 1 medium, 1 heavy and 1 assault.
I think this would eliminate some of the gripe about match making being unfair and unbalanced at least on the complaints about multiple same mech builds and ofc the 5+ light mechs tearing up the battle field, each side will have an equal weight, skill level is such a varied quantity and difficult to measure but my thoughts are that if we had a bigger pool of players wanting to drop into matches then perhaps the current system would work, but the current new player experience is not doing this game any favours at all, the player retention % can't be very high and for this game so survive past 2015 then that is one area that seriously needs to be looked at.

#2 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

We are already going to get something like this. After UI 2.0 we are getting lobbies with minimum and maximum tonnage limits on the teams. Hopefully this will help the balance issues we are currently having.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users