#21 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

I think we can rest the topic.

Bryan,Russ and the troops are Battletech freaks "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT"

, I will assume they know what they are doing, and will lean towards BT fixin's as opposed to the watered down, Squint, point and shoot excuse for BT that Mechwarrior Mercs was. Mass oblivious, full of holes game that it was.

I will bet, 98.5% of the MWO "New Battletech/Mechwarrior Community" will actually be surprised but pleased, just how good this game will be....upon release!

They know the stakes are high.....and a "PREMIUM PRODUCT" is expected after a Decade hiatus!

Edited by metro, 15 November 2011 - 07:05 AM.

#22 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

Canon/Lore needs to be expressed Through gameplay. But looking at the numbers and the way the rolls work isn't that. What you have to look at is the constraints put in place by the books and novels that are already trying to visualize these events as believable scenarios. The relative damage scales and probabilities are in place to make sense in that specific medium. We have to take those with a grain of salt and focus on the actual feel of being a MechWarrior.

[edit] A post truly deserving a page-get, metro.

Edited by Cake Bandit, 15 November 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#23 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

Thanks Cake,

Well everyone wants something for nothing.

Then ........They got it in a F2P BT/MW game, and now thats broke and not good enough. Look at the forums, its full of questionable litter.

Yet everyone cried when the ZONE gamerooms were taken offline and Mechwarrior4 was no longer the buzz, so all the leagues shutdown.

These guys at PGI, were players and fans in all of this history.

They know that the 20,000 plus registered forum users that are here everyday, EXPECT nothing but a KNOCK YOU OFF your A*S*S* BT/MW game.

I for one believe, they will deliver it.

Beta is months away, release even longer, and yet all we have to go on is a "ONCE a week,every Wednesday announcement/update."

It isnt enough to suffice this crowd........

, but I think everyone, needs to breathe, and step back off of it for a bit.

While I understand everyones anxiety,

If they spent the same amount of time here, announcing,explaining themselves etc etc...

just how much work on the game we all love, do you think they would actually get done by summer 2012??

Edited by metro, 15 November 2011 - 07:18 AM.

#24 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, but it'd be nice if they'd give us a screenshot every other week or so.

#25 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

If it is any evidence at the amount of pressure PGI and the staff are under, one only has to look at the number of posts on this forum in 2 weeks as opposed to the number of members registered.

I was online at the launch of several games, and I must say this is unprecedented, And we have only just begun.

We would all love some eye candy, but........Trusting, Russ,Bryan and the crew to deliver is crucial and in my opinion, they deserve the benefit of the doubt until, we all get to log in and see just what it is that they actually deliver.

I just think a whole lot of thought and energy is being expended by the community, on topics that we should just leave to the DEVS.

A little less banter, would show trust. Again I understand everyones anxiety, but I think we all could provide them a lil' leeway!

LOL, I for one feel sorry for whoever are chosen to become Forum Moderators. Can ya imagine, your first day on the job?? Please go Sort 40,000 posts and 2,000,000 emails and group them by category!

ughhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Edited by metro, 15 November 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#26 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

Hahahahaha, poor guys.

The only problem I can really see is that without all the discussion of mechanics and whatnot we're left with talking about fluff. Which I'm still getting caught up with. I'm sure some other guys couldn't be assed to go out and read some books. It's really cool that we've got some clueless newbies in here, actually. :)

It might also be kinda' good to ground some of the guys who want to just directly plug battletech mechanics into a video game setting verbatim. Y'know, keep hopes from getting too high in that regard.

#27 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Yep, Cake I hear ya! and I concur.

Lets fluff our talk....and talk our fluff ! :)

Edited by metro, 15 November 2011 - 01:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users