They took my question! :)
Thanks Garth!

#22 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Remember, to kill a mech you have to get 3 crit hits on the mechs torso. Assuming it has other equipment, hitting all 3 might be difficult. An Ac10 or 20 to a completely armorless torso would do it though! (lasers are DoT so it will be tougher with those).

Also, remember, Clan XL engines only have 2 crits slots taken. This is one of the many advantages to clan mechs.

#23 Shadowscythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 484 posts
  • LocationAt home, USA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the answers! :)

It is a shame that the "going into battle damaged" thing was used...that was answered a long time ago in dev Q&As...Although I guess it could have changed

Thanks! :mellow:

#24 Grokmoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

So thats almost a confirmation that founders packs will be available up until August 7. Sounds good to me, I'm not a fan of preordering and I don't want to put down cash until very close to release date.

#25 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for the answers. :)

#26 Semyon Drakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

The benefits of XL engines still outweigh the drawbacks which is good. yes you get more volume but you get less mass which allows for more armour and larger weapons.

Just don't get shot in the side torso!

OK that may be a little easier said than done.

Semyon

#27 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

I also thought it was good news about torso damage and XL engines. Before learning that I was just planning on going for the CT, but knowing I can take out weapons AND possibly damage an engine is more than enough reason to go for a torso, especially if already damaged.

Biggest news though is an answer on capturing bases. It may change but good to know how it will be done at least for now.

#28 ORIGINAL SteelWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 460 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe land of ID.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

Can you record , playback, and share battles? What about uploading them to youtube and other sites with out conversion?

#29 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostGrokmoo, on 18 June 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

So thats almost a confirmation that founders packs will be available up until August 7. Sounds good to me, I'm not a fan of preordering and I don't want to put down cash until very close to release date.

Says the guy with the Legendary Founder's tag. :)

#30 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thanks Garth! Glad we're finally gonna have an MW PC game where XL engines have a drawback!

P.S. The -3D is my fave, but I'm awfully fond of the -3L, too.

#31 AP514

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPearland , TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

OK here is a good one..........
If I buy a Founders PACK (1 of the 3) I support MWO... but can not use it for 2 months....Does my Time/free months start the day I actually log in and start playing or on AUG 7th..or what ever day is the OFFICIAL start date ??

AP514

#32 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

AP, for questions you have to wait for the next "ask the devs" thread, this one is just about answers for the already closed "ask the devs 7".

#33 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Interesting on the XL engines. Never played P&P and in the previous versions, there was no obvious penalty for choosing to be faster, other than weight[duh] space. Think the ultimate result here is that XL engines will effectively have less weight savings as users will need to increase side torso armor to account for increased exposure.

Edited by Kalenn, 21 June 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#34 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostAP514, on 21 June 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

OK here is a good one..........
If I buy a Founders PACK (1 of the 3) I support MWO... but can not use it for 2 months....Does my Time/free months start the day I actually log in and start playing or on AUG 7th..or what ever day is the OFFICIAL start date ??

AP514

I'm actually concerned about this as well - does Founders Pack timing start on open beta or official launch?

#35 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Kentucky

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostKalenn, on 21 June 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

I'm actually concerned about this as well - does Founders Pack timing start on open beta or official launch?

Russ or Paul one, said in another post in the last week that they were working on this and would let us know. Letting your time start from your first log in.
I hope I do not miss the final word on this.

#36 Kalenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Postabetterpilot, on 21 June 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Russ or Paul one, said in another post in the last week that they were working on this and would let us know. Letting your time start from your first log in.
I hope I do not miss the final word on this.

The way I see it (and I'm sure people will tell me if they disagree), is that I've paid $120 for this (a lot more $ than I've paid for any other game), and early access to the beta is separate from my "premium" time. Getting premium time in a beta without full featuers is definitely not the same value if I was "premium" post-launch, particularly since they just announced that the Community leg of the stool (is it now a ladder?) is not going to be available until up to 3 months later...

#37 Zorob

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSome where special

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 18 June 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I like this better....I know in table-top it is death, but maybe just engine shut down for a side torso, or 1/3 speed.... death is a bit much for an equipment choice! ;)

actually we played it by how hard a hit you had in that area. The shielding would be reduced causing the engine to rise in heat quicker. Or maybe have a short in a weapons power supply I.E. the laser is hitting at 1/3 to 1/2 damageand the same to the gauss and ppc with damage and range. For the missles and cannon ammo you had the chance of a possible cook off or and ESD (electric spark discharge) This does happen in reall life so we thought it was a good add to the game.

#38 Topgear

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

awesome news

#39 ExAstris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostKobold, on 18 June 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Now you know why many mechs throughout the Clan Invasion, FedCom Civil War, and Jihad were still being produced with standard fusion engines.

It is a trade off. The XL is lighter, letting you carry more/bigger weapons, but a huge liability in terms of staying power.

Choices are good.

Which relates to a question I had but wasn't answered, about Double Heat Sinks. The 10 free ones you get in the engine have absolutely no drawback, I want to know how MWO will handle these. Will it be a no-brainer upgrade that you just have to save for, or will there be an actual drawback or limitation of the in-engine heat sinks?

I would prefer there to be some sort of actual choice going on, instead of just a straight "You get double the heat dissipation because you bought an expensive engine!" But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#40 Kenshar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

I just hope we can have a full gameplay video soon!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users