- - - - -

Patch Today?

14 replies to this topic

#1 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Is there some place that this is posted? I can never find an answer to this question. so:

Where can I find:

Is there a Patch today
What might make it into the patch

#2 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

Don't think so, patch last week. I think it's a patch every other week. Next week we get cockpit glass, and two weeks after that UI 2.0.

http://mwomercs.com/...e-inner-sphere/

Search for Roadmap.

Edited by Evil Ed, 14 January 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#3 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

likely all they are patching today is removing the weekend sale.

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 14 January 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

likely all they are patching today is removing the weekend sale.

Few will grieve.

#5 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Patches are on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Tuesdays of the month. There is a server reboot every Tuesday and Friday though.\

This excludes any emergency hot fixes.

#6 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

[color=#959595]Next week we get cockpit glass, and two weeks after that UI 2.0[/color]

Wow, SOMEONE'S an optimist ;)

#7 Bhelogan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 328 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostSen, on 14 January 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Wow, SOMEONE'S an optimist ;)

I think there needs to be a distinction between just being an Optimist, and someone who is clearly drunk on the PGI Kool-Aid. Granted, the cockpit glass and UI 2.0 are things listed on the road map. If they are not delivered, expect to hear rantings and ravings from the N.O.P.E. crowd.

#8 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostSen, on 14 January 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Wow, SOMEONE'S an optimist :)

Given they gave the date and haven't backed out of it yet means it's likely to happen (Remember, UI2.0 will release with bugs they'll fix along the way).

Often times these patches are finalized weeks before they're released in order to deal with any last minute bugs/changes, so I wouldn't be surprised if next week's patch is already compiled and ready to roll and they're working on packing the feb patch.

Edited by Bront, 14 January 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#9 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostBront, on 14 January 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

(Remember, UI2.0 will release with bugs they'll fix along the way).

^ This. They've already given themselves a huge ''out''. Instead of delaying it til it's ready, they'll release it on time and buggy.

#10 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

View PostAppogee, on 14 January 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

[/size]
^ This. They've already given themselves a huge ''out''. Instead of delaying it til it's ready, they'll release it on time and buggy.

(These following comments are not directed at you personally, but your post fits the bill for what I'm talking about)

I swear there is no pleasing gamers. If they wait until it's perfect to release (which is impossible in our day and age, as people will come up with crazy things that the devs didn't think of) the players will complain it's taking too long. If it's released early with some bugs that can get fixed along the way, the players still compain that it incomplete and the devs could've waited. Honestly, the best way to play this, is to just never announce anything. That way the players won't know 100% what's up with the new patch, and thus can't complain about it (I trust we will still find something to complain about).

#11 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

what if I dont want bug stained stone chipped windshield with dry cracked wipers and empty washerbottle effects ?

can I turn that rubbish off ? I live with that on the road In my truck I don't need games to replicate it !

#12 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

View Postsneeking, on 16 January 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

what if I dont want bug stained stone chipped windshield with dry cracked wipers and empty washerbottle effects ?

can I turn that rubbish off ? I live with that on the road In my truck I don't need games to replicate it !

I think that one is gonna be more on the high res spec. If it start bothering you, you can tone it down I believe.

Keep in mind all I'm saying is conjecture based on common sense.

#13 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 16 January 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

(These following comments are not directed at you personally, but your post fits the bill for what I'm talking about)
Your observation was polite and reasonable.

My comment was really intended as a ''prediction'' more than a ''complaint''.

If I were to complain, it would be about the glacial pace of development of the core game. That is directly due to the developers choosing to invest most of their human resources headcount in graphics, vs engineering.

That is a business choice - and I believe, a mistake - they are making, because they think I and others will keep spending MC on more chassis, when in fact I have reached the point where I will only invest further if they improve the base game.

#14 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostAppogee, on 16 January 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

If I were to complain, it would be about the glacial pace of development of the core game. That is directly due to the developers choosing to invest most of their human resources headcount in graphics, vs engineering.

That, and the fact that their engineers are both developing the game and keeping it running.

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostAppogee, on 16 January 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

[/size]Your observation was polite and reasonable.

My comment was really intended as a ''prediction'' more than a ''complaint''.

That is a business choice - and I believe, a mistake - they are making, because they think I and others will keep spending MC on more chassis, when in fact I have reached the point where I will only invest further if they improve the base game.

I understood your comment to be not a complaint. I've ran across some of your posts in the forums enough times to know when you're really complaining XP.

I think in their case the current state of the game has more to do with the team size than anything, as Arnold said:

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 16 January 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

That, and the fact that their engineers are both developing the game and keeping it running.

with only 40+ people (the entire staff of PGI) working on this game, progress is not going to be smooth or fast. However, what they have done so far I will acknowledge being awesome. Yet, if their plans for CW are half as awesome as they made them seem to be, we're gonna enter a completely different world.

I also think plenty of people are waiting for more information and content before spending more money on the game. I know at least 50 people in my merc corp who are excited about the clan pack, but at the same time, they will not put down a single dime until they get more information about the other stuff attached with it, such as warhorns and whatnot.

Here's the link to the tracked if you don't have it.

http://www.mwomercs.com/theplan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users