1 reply to this topic

#1 Marthe Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

I ran several forums back when forums were still relevant for general non-gaming communities.
And when I check out the analytics of our forums, the "Show recent posts" and "Advance Search" pages are the top pages that contribute to targeted, helpful and meaningful responses. Would be helpful and healthy for the forum to have those pages up and the link to those clearly visible.

The recent posts page : People who are chillaxing at work or school can check it out and see which threads are hot and they'd know that if they jump into the thread they'll get interactions immediately. Back then when our college community was still up (2004-2010) everyone who visits the page would check out this page within the first 15 seconds of their visit and would 50-70% of the returning visitors would click the link to this page per day

Advance search page : stating the obvious here, so people can find the discussions on things they are looking for with more control over the search filters and results.

just my 0.02 cbills

#2 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

Actually, there is an advanced search option... burried somewhere in an unpublished link on this site. But yes. Unread or latest posts is a must for any at least semi-decent forum.

But if you want lively, then you can get that pretty easily. You only need to start a few threads with one or more of the following topics;
  • "l2p noob"
  • "LRMs are OP" (Actually works with nearly every weapon except for the NARC launcher)
  • "Lights/Mediums/Heavies/Assault Mechs are useless" (Pick one for the thread title)
  • "I cant find the base to cap in Skirmish" ("Noobs keep capping my base away in Assault" also works quite well)
  • "I played this game for 23 minutes and it sucks" (You should include a minimum of a 5000 word dissatation, including how Star Citizen/WoT/Hawken/Hello Kitty online is much better, regarding your reasons why the game sucks after 23 minutes in the OP to achieve the full effect)

There are quite a few more thread titles you could use to liven up the forums as well. the options are nearly limitless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users