#101 ArkahnX

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

Weapon groups in the mechlab do not allow for chain fire, and don't show where the weapon is located on the mech (left or right torso)

#102 Cyberlokk

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

OK, time to pitch in.
My feedback is as follows:

1. Looks great but has lost much functionality. Mechs NEED a summary of loadout, period. We can all relearn how to tweak mechs using the new interface; but it should enhance the current UI, not discard the usefulness it already has. I'm hoping the (Detailed)List view may be helpful here but it was not test-able in this incarnation so I will reserve my opinion on that. Further, Font needs adjusting; several of us had to explain how to save mech changes via the checkout button to others. It's not that it makes no sense but that it is rather tucked away in the corner of the screen. Lastly, a paper doll in the lower right corner near the summary would be absolutely brilliant and, frankly, a no-brainer.

2. Social functions are unstable at best and unusable normally. Friends list populate erratically, if at all, and lance mates were lost almost regularly during drops. Chat seems to work with friends who do load to list, but again, listing is by no means accurate or complete. House-Marik.net tested this thoroughly in a channel of about a dozen or so, all each others friends list, with none to <3 showing online/deployed(or even offline).

3. Concur with others about menu "Bleep, Bloop" sounds being overused, maybe reserve it to major(i.e.-Mech) selections or mutable as other have already suggested.

4. I understand that the glass is not final product yet, but glass artifacts on top of film grain is a little much, and having them layered does not contribute to the realism I believe PGI is going for here. My suggestion - Film grain 3rd person(it is transmitting through a drone after all) & glass the 1st person. And for the love of gawd remove it for advanced zoom(or all zoom modes for that matter). Reason here prevails; you can't zoom while powered down, we assume it is because this is being fed through a neuro-helmet which should negate optic defects. Honestly, I fear that allocating resources to an effect that no one wanted/needed(/asked for?) may have been a waste.

5. Most importantly...... Keep up the great work. This is progress and anyone QQing all your efforts should not be on a test server to begin with. We are here to provide useful feedback and report bugs that would otherwise demand QA and focus testing resources. Anyone who just sobs about the state of the game without providing information to assist the developer in improving said game are useless and deserve to be trolled. Be warned. You don't want to test, then don't test. Thank you.

#103 Detoxx

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Summary: No way to tell how much work has been done to a mech if that mech was sold
Description: Ok, so in the old UI, if I had mastered a mech varient (or done any work with it at all) and then sold it to make room for more mechs, I could still see how much EXP I had gained and what was unlocked. NOW in this new UI, there is NO visual indicators of what I've accomplished on varients that I once owned and since sold. No way to tell if I had mastered it or just ran it a few times and have some left over EXP on it. No pull down menu or other option to see if I've never owned it at all, or just didnt like it and sold it. There needs to be something to indicate what was done to a mech, how much EXP I had gained on it, what unlocks it had. Even if it is no longer owned
Reproduction Rate: N/A design issue
Steps to Reproduce: N/A (Any mech used then sold)

#104 MostlyHarmless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 138 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Summary: yellow screen on launch
Description: Launching in the training grounds the mech cocpit renders but then the only view out the windows is a yellow screen with text across it wanted to say it was saying something about rendering but it was flashing around and finally cleared up after 5-10 seconds.
Reproduction Rate: unknown did not have time to make a second drop before servers were shut down
Steps to Reproduce:n/a

Summary: Light sources in mech lab not being consistent
Description:Shadows on all mechs seem to be not following the light sources when rotating mechs in the mech lab. The light sources seem to be changing as you rotate the mech with parts brightly lit but parts directly on either side in very heavy shadows.
Reproduction Rate: 100%
Steps to Reproduce: open mech lab, rotate any mech to observe

Summary: textures clipping and glitching in mech lab
Description: in rotating the mechs the textures would at times flicker and clip as you rotated any mech at a slow to moderate pace. frame rates were within 55-60fps at all times noted.
Steps to Reproduce: open mech lab, rotate any mech at a slow to moderate speed to observe

#105 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

I entered settings menu and started changing keyboard bindings. The more I changed, the more clicking on the field of choosing the key became difficult. I had to double click quicker and quicker until I was unable to click fast enough, so I was not able to enter this "choose a key" state at all. Thus I saved current changes and exited, then entered keyboard settings again and was able to change a few more bindings.

#106 Ravingdork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:51 AM

Summary:
Can't log in.

Description:
Every time I try to type in my login E-mail and password at the login screen, I get an error message saying "A Network Error Has Occurred". I turned the game completely off and turned it back on and nothing changed.

Reproduction Rate:
100%.

Steps to Reproduce:
Simply start the game and try to login (insofar as I can tell).

#107 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Summary: Moduls couldn't be installed whitout have their FULL price in C-Bills

Description:

I couldn’t install/re-install a Modul, if I haven’t got their FULL PRICE IN C-BILL. Even if I had owned more of them already and I had an empty Modul-slot for it too.

The counter displayed the number of the owned Moduls correct, but whitout enough C-Bills the window was still red, and the Moduls stayed uninstallable.

I tried out this whit different Moduls, it is a same. If I don't have their price in C-Bills they are uninstallable. If I had the full price (I sold some Mechs), it worked normal again. I think this is a BUG.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Spent almost all C-Bills --> Moduls couldn't be installed...
2. Sold some Mechs for C-Bills --> Moduls could be installed again...
3. Spent almost all C-Bills again --> Moduls couldn't be installed...
4. Sold some Mechs again --> Moduls could be installed again...

Edited by Sky Hawk, 17 January 2014 - 05:59 AM.

#108 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Playtest note:

first thing: curser flashes, but doesn't have the focus

remaining premium time is in hexadecamal?

there's this hesatation in going into seclet a mech: seen it twice in a row; going into skills has the same studder

so how come I don't have the page with tht turn rates and accel times pop up when selecting an engine? seems the obvious time to show the engine-related stats.

I don't like the skill(s) page depicts your XP: Not until the last/warning pop-up are you told one is talking about GENERAL XP for a buy, and the listing for how much you have is kind'a small. YOu might want the UNLOCK button to be orange of the GXP marker (NOT currently listed up with "local" XP) to be the "first clue" for clowns like me that one is about to spend the "wrong" form of points.

If you like to rename you mechs, and are stupid, you can get lost between working on a build, and spending XP on it, as the skill page doesn't reflect your renames, and model numbers get lost in the "current battlemech" listing, down in then lower left. Was a nice try, though.

Teh way the glass reflects the pilots costume might be a bit much: There's this green glow in the lower right glass in a BJ.

It was not clear, the first time through, that "checkout" was actually "save" when working on a build; guess it's time for a pop-up with "checkout or lose changes" on it.

your single AMS check-box seems inequitable for the twin AMS builds

Where is the empty-crit count? that is vital!

Where it the rename option?

I miss the "total" hardpoint listing, and it's pop-ups to show where said HPs are. An armor total tends to be real handy, too.

I've finally sat down with the paint shop, and I really miss having pallets to pick colors from, and odd that pallets are missing, as it would have unified the interface. but it is nice, big, and well-lit.

Er: The moar I play with the color picker, the worse it is. It also obstructs too much of the smaller Mechs. I do like the size of the sample boxes.

The Hanging section of Cockpit items seems to have miss-read my inventory.

The "Owned" vs. "All" filter in MechLab is buggy: It's "default" listing seems to be 'Mechs you own, and all the Hero/Champs.

It seems like for both Shadows and Particles, the Low and Medium settings are bass ackwareds; I still have the problem of Particles not changing settings when you escape out of the testing grounds, as opposed to quiting out.

The glass effect didn't show up on the cold maps that I checked. Wasn't smart enough to check Snow Colony Night.

If you can find the right depth, the water effects still warp your cockpit, as they used to do at any depth.

I find the "social" and "options" button to be oddly placed, over on the right when everything else on on the left.

#109 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostRavingdork, on 17 January 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Summary:
Can't log in.

Description:
Every time I try to type in my login E-mail and password at the login screen, I get an error message saying "A Network Error Has Occurred". I turned the game completely off and turned it back on and nothing changed.

Reproduction Rate:
100%.

Steps to Reproduce:
Simply start the game and try to login (insofar as I can tell).

Did you try and login during the test times? (Morning: 10am - 12pm (PST) & Afternoon: 4pm - 6pm (PST))If you try and login at any other time you get that error message.

Edited by NeonKnight, 17 January 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#110 Tomadonna

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

:-) :-)

WHERE ARE MY MODULES?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lb04zn.jpg

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users