109 replies to this topic

#21 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Makes one wonder, WHO is reviewing this UI BEFORE it goes to testing. Someone had to say 'Yep, let's roll with this ...' and I'd like to know WHO that person is. That person needs to go back to the mail room.

Between the feedback, polls, new issues, this is evidently another fail.

Really PGI guys, download War Thunder, and look at how a UI should be... PLEASE.

As we're 'promised' UI 2.0 by Feb 4th, I'm expecting we'll get this candidate as our release......just fits the rest of the story around here.

Edited by Ensaine, 16 January 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#22 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

There are no hardpoint listings for a mech until you get into the actual loadout for individual locations (right torso for example) and then it has icons that are far from intuitive instead of just saying what the hardpoints are.
The armor readout of each location is pretty bad as well. It has Front, Avl, Max, and Rear stacked on the left with the amounts for Avl and Max next to them, but the numbers for the front and rear are on the far right of the box for some unknown reason. If you are going to align the labels you need to align the numbers that go with them.

#23 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between yesterday and my destiny.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Issues I've encountered:

- The icon at the top right to change the view from "Icon" to "List" view modes seems non-functional. It was functional in the last UI Test, has it been intentionally disabled? The large icons are too big and I prefer the list view. (Too much emphasis on pictures, and not enough emphasis on useful information and proper workflow layout.)

- Also, the "Owned" filter is not working properly since it is currently showing me mechs that I DO NOT own even though the "owned" filter is active. It appears to be showing me mechs that I have piloted in the past (whether or not they are actually currently owned). Trials I have piloted and mechs that I have sold are showing in the "owned" view.

#24 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

S!

Can't use my throttle/pedals as the new UI won't even recognize their axes or buttons. Have to select options in STEPS up or down to get to desired level. For example Shadow quality, screen resolution etc. Cheebus if they can't implement control settings proper...

#25 Capt Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

Summary: Configure loadout item type tab does not persist between body parts
Description: When configuring the loadout of a Mech, selecting a body part, and then a tab (I'll use ammo in this example since it applies to all body parts), but then changing the body part you are editing, the item type will default to the first item in the list.
Reproduction Rate: 100%
Steps to Reproduce: Configure a Mech. Choose any body part, any item type (Ammo for example). Now select another body part, and note the item type is no longer active.

Summary: Placeholder description for Mechs when viewing Inventory
Description: Placeholder description is present when viewing owned Mechs in Inventory.
Steps to Reproduce: Go to Inventory. Select an owned BattleMech, note the placeholder description.

Summary: Pressing 'Close' button in Social pane (friends list) does not change button state in Front End
Description: Pressing the [X] button in the top right of the Social pane does not change the button state used to open the Social pane.
Steps to Reproduce: Open the Social tab using the Social button in the bottom of the Front End. Use the [X] button in the top right of the Social pane to close the Social pane, and note that the Social button in the Front End remains active, indicating the Social pane is still open. One must click it once for it to "close" the Social pane, and then again to open the Social pane again.

Summary: Cannot view Cart after selecting unowned camo pattern/color options.
Description: After selecting any unowned colors or patterns, the cart has the checkout option and correctly displays MC/CB cost, but does not allow the user to view what items are in the cart.
Steps to Reproduce: Choose any Mech to configure. Click Camo Spec. Pick any color or pattern that is unowned; note the cart total and the grayed out 'View' button.

Edited by Capt Jester, 16 January 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#26 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Sell option for Equipment # needs to be editable.. the up and down are nice for small # but some of us have HUNDREDS of Standard Heat Sinks.

When you are looking for something you know you have would be nice to click a Sort by # and have everything come to the top instead of scrolling through the list.

Group Launch needs to be closer together to Friends list instead of separate.

#27 Oddthetall

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostF lan Ker, on 16 January 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

S!

Can't use my throttle/pedals as the new UI won't even recognize their axes or buttons. Have to select options in STEPS up or down to get to desired level. For example Shadow quality, screen resolution etc. Cheebus if they can't implement control settings proper...

Same issue here - (Thrustmaster Hotas X)

Also, the UI is cluttered and confusing.

#28 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

where is the joystick column in the keyboard bindings in settings?
hard to find what mechs have modules, to move them

#29 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

When looking at a mech you are interested in buying it does not tell you what hardpoints the mech has or even what the stock weapon loadout is.

The font is horrible.

The store gives you absolutely no info on mechs you might want to buy. It looks like there are buttons at the top of the battlemechs store screen to change how you are viewing them (list vs windowed maybe) but I can't click on them. I'm not sure why the mechs are in the store as well as in the mechbay for sale. They only need to be in one place. Since you don't get any info on the mechs in the store why are they even there?

#30 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

It's been said numerous times that we would be able to rename mechs in UI 2.0. I see no way to do this.

#31 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Summary: Equipment can't be equiped
Description: If you click on cancel after getting asked, if you want to buy the piece of equipment you don't own, you can't equip anything in this mech location anymore. You have to change to another mech location and back to "reset" this bug and equip on.
Reproduction Rate: infinite
Steps to Reproduce:
Go to Mechlab -> Loadout -> any location
equip an item you own 0 pieces
You get asked if you want to buy this piece of equipment
Click on cancel
Try to equip any item into this mech location -> doesn't work
click on another mech location and then back to the former
Equiping works again.

JayKay17

#32 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

As far as I can tell the only way to see what modules are on a mech is to go into the configuration for that mech and click on modules. I can't just click on a mech in the mech bay and see what modules are equiped like in the current UI.

#33 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

If you choose a Mech you didn`t see:

-Hardpoints
-Weaponloadout
-choosen Modules

->actually you have to click into the mechlab and check weapongroups AND Modules to see what Loadout a Mech carries.
->Hard to find the last missing module (if you have 30 Mechs++)

#34 DarthPayne

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 51 posts
  • LocationLucerne, Switzerland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Skills, Mech Trees:

In the old UI, there are two buttons for getting a new skill, one for mech XP and one for GXP. There's only one now and IMO it's too easy to accidentally spend (precious) GXP. Please add separate buttons.

Very minor problem: A newly bought Mech (one you haven't played with yet) won't show the "'MECH TREE" button. After all, you might want to use GXP immediately. Anyway, do a single match and it appears.

#35 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

If you wanna leave the "Group-Window" you have to find the littel X on the right side (not highlighted)

->very hard to find...

#36 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

In the mechlab if you set the filter for "all" it does not give you any indication of whether you own the mech or not. This is listed in the store so why not in the mechlab? if you are going to duplicate the purchasing functionality I should be able to get all the same info at either location.

#37 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between yesterday and my destiny.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Also cannot see basic equipment/module list when you click on a mech to select it for the next match. In the current UI, you can click on a mech and it will show you all of your equipment, modules and other pertinent information (like total hardpoints, etc.) but the current UI does not. Making me go look up a mech variant online to find out its hardpoints and locations is NOT good for workflow.

#38 elde

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

Summary:
Can't type anything in chat while waiting for the teams to fill up before a match.

Description:
While waiting for your team to finish up forming, it's impossible to chat on the different channels. Even when the cursor is blinking in the box, nothing is happening while I type.

Reproduction Rate:
100%.

Steps to Reproduce:
Select a mech, launch a game.

Edited by elde, 16 January 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#39 Jalik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

View Post1Sascha, on 16 January 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Same here.

Would love to test this thing, but every time I click on "Mechlab" or "Select Mech", the game crashes on me. Drivers for my GTX 660 are up to date, Win 8.1 up to date.

EDIT: Didn't download the whole thing, but patched the last public-test-version (which ran fine during the last public test, BTW).

I downloaded the complete test client and get the same crashes when I click on "mechlab" or "select mech".

#40 elde

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Summary:
While the game makes it look like it's possible to pick one or two game modes, I can't.

Description:
When clicking on the 'Play Now' button in mechlab to launch into a game, the game asks to select a game mode from four checkboxes (Any, Assault, Conquest, Skirmish). It's impossible to select both Assault and Skirmish .

Reproduction Rate:
100%.

Steps to Reproduce:
Press 'Play Now' in mechlab.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users