When Will Credit Card Service Work Again?

Contact Support

8 replies to this topic

#1 gameadmin

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

When will Credit Card service work again?

Ultimatepay.com, your credit card service, will not take either of my credit cards, the last week, and failed an hour ago or so, but 5 other unrelated web sites take both of my cards (visa + mastercard) happily, though they are larger card processors.

I tried again. Complaining to Ultimatepay.com, they ask far too many questions in email, as if stalling, or a mere form email, even though they ought to just BELIEVE me and compare my IP address againt their fail log IP address and fix their broken web transaction code!!!

You are losing money and customers because of UltimatePay's negligence.

I think its because of the 110 million stolen credit cards, in the news this month, and possibly a logic bug for cards that renewed in prior weeks and are the same NUMBER but different expiry date or different code on back of card (because of renew).

I say that if credit cards are working for OTHER people.

Its annoying; mainly because I just sent 160 dollars to EA Origin this month, instead of any $ to Mechwarrior this month.

(And yes, I hate EA, normally)

I could use PayPal, I know, but still its then ultimatepay deep down and they need to fix their useless code for credit card billing.

I will keep trying once a week now, in case case more often attempts is what is blocking me.

Hopefully one day they will fix their buggy code.

My IP used for todays failure to by Mechwarrior MC using a valid VISA with well over $20,000 limit at Ultimate Pay about a couple hours ago is : 68.40.201.171

A mastercard failed too in earlier days, but it might be their anti-phishing code blocking me.

They should quit lying to you guys about being functional, and hire a better programmer or quit trying to pretend to be a major credit card processor.

I like competition, I like variety in banking services, but I hate bugs and lazy help desks.

When will Credit Card service work again?

Please let me know,

thanks

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Credit card services work now -- just not for you.

Some accounts were placed on a list. The only way to tell if you are on this list is to attempt to purchase something. If you are declined but you know you have adequate funds, then you are on the list.

You need to E-mail PGI support and request to be put on the approved list. Then you will be able to make purchases without restriction again.

#3 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 16 January 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Some accounts were placed on a list.

With a handle like 'gameadmin', I wonder what put him on that list...

#4 gameadmin

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

The problem is probably not with UltimatePay despite what MWO tech support says without looking into the matter fully, before closing the support ticked.

I think the problem is a blank empty string being set in my online profile "real name" for fields such as my first name.

Unfortunately, I cannot change the empty string to a non-empty string using any edite profile settings in http://mwomercs.com, and tech support will have to edit it for me, via an email I sent, or show me a page that lets me edit my profile information. If a woman got married and had their last name change on a credit card, it would be the same sort of problem.

I THINK, (no proof yet), that the sudden failures in being able to pay using any of my valid credit cards at UtimatePay, is that for credit card purchases, UtimatePay does not seemingly let you override first or last names stored and sent on behalf from mwomercs.com profiles when buying MC. My credit cards do not have blank fields for names on them. (though some not used in this case, opened in Nevada pre 9-11 at BofA, do wholly lack SSN or human name entity (special corporate CC)).

When the problem with trying to send money is ever worked around or resolved I will update this thread to let you know how it got fixed for me.

HERES HOPING IT GETS RESOLVED SOON!

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

How about working around the problem by purchasing Ultimate Game Cards and buying MC with those?

#6 gameadmin

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 18 January 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

How about working around the problem by purchasing Ultimate Game Cards and buying MC with those?

I read many alarming things about those Ultimate Game Cards, if you search google you will see many severe complaints.
Also Many think it is a scam to MAKE you resort to buying them becasue even Paypal gets blocked , but they happily sell you Ultimate Game Cards with no hiccupps.

some older links regarding this :

http://www.ripoffrep...ards-a-s-758835

http://forum.worldof...imate-pay-scam/

Once again, the links above are irrelevant, google will show similar supporting links regarding a few unhappy customers of these cards, that only bought them due to suddenly credit cards not going through any more.

===

MWO tech support is helping me out today, and has now entered my name in my MWO profile, and because it matches the CC account on UltimatePay now, and is not blank, I feel 80% confident my purchase will go through in an hour.

If not, MWO tech support said they are additionally adding me to a a whitelist for further CC purchasing.

So I will be happy soon enough, I hope.

#7 gameadmin

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

As of a moment ago, Still fails, with matching name on MWO account matching CC, though I did not locally log into UltimatePay. Awaiting whitelist from MWO support. Also my attempts that failed yesterday or so might have blocked me today, because they might have anti slamming code, so testing the purchase too often might be a problem in itself until root problem resolved.

#8 gameadmin

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

WORKAROUND WORKED :

This worked for me, after failure earlier attempts.

Firefox, latest, nothing blocked in scripts.

1> Hit Add MC in game once, waited for window to open, and logged in.
2>.... toggled Paypal (I know, just did it anyway)
3> logged into paypal , knowing I would cancel anyway
4> cancelled paypal after paypal said it would send addresses phone numbers and email contacts to UltimatePay
5> after interface in ultimate pay said paypal cancelled, i then...
6> Retoggled the credit card rectangle button in upper left
7> hit login link in upper right and logged into UltimatePay (a separate password different from your MWO password)
8> After being logged in I selected the purchase in CC, selected a DIFFERENT credit card (though retenterred the same CC info)
9> the site then did something new.... it displayed my billing address it had on file for confirmation
10 > clicked affirm and IT WORKED, got my MC purchase

I still dont know how it failed an hour ago, but worked fine with the 10 steps above.

People need to remember this workaround.

HURRAY!

#9 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

View Postgameadmin, on 20 January 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

I read many alarming things about those Ultimate Game Cards, if you search google you will see many severe complaints.
Also Many think it is a scam to MAKE you resort to buying them becasue even Paypal gets blocked , but they happily sell you Ultimate Game Cards with no hiccupps.

Didn't bother to read the links. Whatever the problems were, they don't apply here anyway. You buy the cards, you get your in-game stuff. No scam.

Go to buy MC page, enter UGC code directly, card amount is applied towards purchase. You don't have to log in anywhere except the MW:O page so the site knows which account to apply the MC to. No information is exchanged -- it's as anonymous as you can get nowadays. If you have multiple cards, you can apply all of them towards a single purchase if you want. I know this for a fact, as I have done it.

I've used them several times now (got them as gifts) with no problems. Then again, I don't have problems using my credit card either.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it to work.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 20 January 2014 - 11:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users