#21 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 18 January 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Name and Shame.

In before jettisoned Communications :)

Its not shame if the guy who got called out won the match.

Edited by Chavette, 18 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#22 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 18 January 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

Until we as a community of players all face each other and have a score board that everybody can see, then we can start claiming who is best and why using the game the way it was intended, not some player made rule set.

It's called winning the game (satisfying the win conditions). It's not some complicated make believe "rule set". Also, everyone can view the match scores from all the leagues. Many of the matches are also live streamed by the teams.

#23 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostGut, on 17 January 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Because what else is there to be top in?

Stop looking down on people who like to play to win.

Comments like these are why they do.

#24 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNear Dallas, TX

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 18 January 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Comments like these are why they do.

Are why who does what?

#25 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

View PostGut, on 18 January 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Are why who does what?

Why Mech's are great dancers.

#26 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

Not all mechs, just Centurions. Dragons lack the hip movement....

#27 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 18 January 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Not all mechs, just Centurions. Dragons lack the hip movement....

View PostGut, on 18 January 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Are why who does what?

Since you didn't respond, I'll attempt to put this in context.

If you mean that because I posted something like "I want to win something that is player-run" there are people who look down upon me, when I haven't insulted the way anyone else plays, then I see a big problem with it.

#28 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostGut, on 18 January 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Since you didn't respond, I'll attempt to put this in context.

If you mean that because I posted something like "I want to win something that is player-run" there are people who look down upon me, when I haven't insulted the way anyone else plays, then I see a big problem with it.

They're gonna backward rationalize untill the end of time my friend. Everyone who goes 0 kills 10 deaths in a moba games or 50 damage in an assualt in MWO, etc. has an excuse. He'd pwn you if he really tried, or he'd pwn you 1v1, or when he has a good day, or a different mech etc.
There is no sense trying to find reason with them, because they are not using it in the first place.

I know what you and most guys here mean, and instead of explaining our well-meaning to the sensitive people in this thread with walls of text here, I'll let the video do the talking.

http://youtu.be/cLYrFR9RT_U?t=2m20s

Edited by Chavette, 18 January 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#29 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Woah, I did not expect my thread was going to stir up so much anger. Could it be that I made the mistake of titling it with a certain © phrase? :)

All I meant was, that we, as a premade 4 man group, faced three of the toughest 4 man groups who happened to be playing at that time of the night. It was not my intention to imply, for instance, that:
  • You are inferior in this game or in real life if you were not amongst the groups I considered tough.
  • You are a bad person or weak of constitution if you do not try hard to win every match.
  • That PUGs are worthless simply because organized groups with better coordination and more practice could smash through their ranks. (After all I almost always solo PUG).
  • That you must win at MWO to be a winner in life.
  • That only certain modes of winning or certain forums of winning is valid in MWO.
  • That I discriminate against or look upon mechs or pilots with aspersion and prejudice based on weight class, weapons loadout, paint scheme, engine choice, faction or team membership and choice of consumable modules.
Now certain people :P like to trash talk in the game :D and this may have angered other people whom they have played against. I almost never do this, but if I see this on my team or the other team, well, it's a game! What's a fun game without a little smack talk? As long as the smack talk is not abusive or terribly offensive, we should all relax and take it as an extra WIN incentive. Help your team win and it's all the sweeter at the end when you send their words back at them (or in this case, realize there was no way in hell you could win but now you have a funny story to tell on the forums). :blink:

Really, what I'm trying to say is that we are all winners here and a little more special to each other because we share a common bond of being the very small fraction of people on our big planet who knows about and plays a game called MWO. Let's all just be friends (or at least frenemies). :D

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 18 January 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#30 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

"Just my presence... my charismatic presence... makes us win!"

SHHHHHH.... slick!

#31 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostChavette, on 18 January 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

ROFL who is this guy? Hahahaha. :)

#32 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 18 January 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Every bad in this game can learn from this video, learn to keep their mouths shut. Some people just have no respect I guess.

While whining about being rolled by what is evidently a superior force should really not be acceptable , why is it that those who lost badly need to get a GG close after the game? Are you under the impression that just by having high preformance somehow deems you worthy of respect?

It's one thing when someone else starts smacktalking how you nothing special at the start and they lose and you tell them to sit down by a gg close after a steam roll but you reall think the masses will respect a tyrant? PPl like Athene , and me too, mostly becase he is good , but also a hilarious character and his smack talk is like a comedy roast, sure it stings the recipient some but the comedy value is greater.

The reality of PUG land is that most do not have a high preformance unit , even when asked, most members don't even have meta mechs, and some that do can't hit with them, and most of the day there are few online to play with, as most don't have a competitive mindset and a strictly abaided team playtime. Now add to that that the matchplayer is what it is, so JoeSmoe is here to blast a few things , grind some cbills and mechs and none of hiss friends are around, and thanks to the grace of the MM he gets a lovely combination of newbies and noobs , 10 times in a row, happened to me ( though I at least usually take down some with me ), but unlike me Joe is not a good shot so he rearly can go against the tide , he's new or just not that good but loves BT and loved the singleplayer MW games and rues the day that the only new MW is an online game with no PvE. He will not give respect, frustration after frustration to someone who feels the need to insult him after winning over him no matter how advanced or flawless the player did it...

So think about that the next time you feel like celebrating and throwing salt in to the wound of someone who you know you shouldn't be fighting but MM gave him to you and you feel that after having you'r way with him you need to add insult to injury.

P.S. : And yes too many whine too early , much before coming to that point , but having consideration will not hurt you, if respect is what you want that is...

Edited by Nik Reaper, 18 January 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#33 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 18 January 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

So think about that the next time you feel like celebrating and throwing salt in to the wound of someone who you know you shouldn't be fighting but MM gave him to you and you feel that after having you'r way with him you need to add insult to injury.

P.S. : And yes too many whine too early , much before coming to that point , but having consideration will not hurt you, if respect is what you want that is...

You're right about that, and personally I never say anything before or after the match in-game. You could argue people could have thicker skin, but I don't even go that far with it. I believe its best just to not say anything at all in-game. Unless someone calls me a name or something, then I wouldn't stay quiet anymore.

Regarding your point about showing respect, if the bads didn't say anything at all that's great in my books. I would never expect compliments in online games anyways. To me, if a team wins 12-0 and is not sore winners, then the losing team that doesn't say anything is being respectful.

Edited by White Panther, 18 January 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#34 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 18 January 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

You're right about that, and personally I never say anything before or after the match in-game. You could argue people could have thicker skin, but I don't even go that far with it. I believe its best just to not say anything at all in-game. Unless someone calls me a name or something, then I wouldn't stay quiet anymore.

Regarding your point about showing respect, if the bads didn't say anything at all that's great in my books. I would never expect compliments in online games anyways. To me, if a team wins 12-0 and is not sore winners, then the losing team that doesn't say anything is being respectful.

Indeed , if you win 12-<6 , you say gg in the team chat, as your team did nothing to make you lose or won by overwhelming skill. And the losing side if not pocked should quietly reflect. This is the best relationship I can expect. .. Still .. gotta love the LORD xxxxx after a roll by a profi premade , lately it's more funny than anythig as even they should know they just killed a bunch of "kid" level players in some of the most entertaining mech builds most of the time :) .

#35 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 18 January 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Now certain people :) like to trash talk in the game :P and this may have angered other people whom they have played against. I almost never do this, but if I see this on my team or the other team, well, it's a game! What's a fun game without a little smack talk? As long as the smack talk is not abusive or terribly offensive, we should all relax and take it as an extra WIN incentive. Help your team win and it's all the sweeter at the end when you send their words back at them (or in this case, realize there was no way in hell you could win but now you have a funny story to tell on the forums). :D

This is the paragraph I was looking for in response to what I was saying. But it needed to come from the person in the thread who was actually putting down (in any way) any other group of people. I don't think you were part of that group.

By this I do mean the CERTAIN PEOPLE part. Not all "competitive players" are {Richard Cameron}. So don't call out ALL competitive players for being that way. Call out those ones that are, specifically.

View PostNik Reaper, on 18 January 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

While whining about being rolled by what is evidently a superior force should really not be acceptable , why is it that those who lost badly need to get a GG close after the game? Are you under the impression that just by having high preformance somehow deems you worthy of respect?

It's one thing when someone else starts smacktalking how you nothing special at the start and they lose and you tell them to sit down by a gg close after a steam roll but you reall think the masses will respect a tyrant? PPl like Athene , and me too, mostly becase he is good , but also a hilarious character and his smack talk is like a comedy roast, sure it stings the recipient some but the comedy value is greater.

The reality of PUG land is that most do not have a high preformance unit , even when asked, most members don't even have meta mechs, and some that do can't hit with them, and most of the day there are few online to play with, as most don't have a competitive mindset and a strictly abaided team playtime. Now add to that that the matchplayer is what it is, so JoeSmoe is here to blast a few things , grind some cbills and mechs and none of hiss friends are around, and thanks to the grace of the MM he gets a lovely combination of newbies and noobs , 10 times in a row, happened to me ( though I at least usually take down some with me ), but unlike me Joe is not a good shot so he rearly can go against the tide , he's new or just not that good but loves BT and loved the singleplayer MW games and rues the day that the only new MW is an online game with no PvE. He will not give respect, frustration after frustration to someone who feels the need to insult him after winning over him no matter how advanced or flawless the player did it...

Say GG or don't. I've only said it twice in the past year and a half, and they've been really close games. That doesn't mean that if it's habit for someone else to do it that it's wrong. Here's my habit, in case you haven't seen me in game:

OHAI
(in 12s)

or

OHAI
I'M GUT!
(in pugs)

And then I usually don't say much unless someone responds.

I still wish someone would break down my previous longer posts and attempt to tell me how I'm wrong. Because I do not believe I am.

Edited by Gut, 18 January 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#36 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 18 January 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Regarding your point about showing respect, if the bads

In none of my posts did I ever try to talk down to any person. only Ideas.

Rule sets, (quoted from the marik civil war as an example) The rule book, at time of writing, is over 11 pages long and comes in at over 7500 words. Definitely bigger than any other community warfare rules out there, possibly as big as all the others put together. The point is that while we strive tto enclude rules for any and all eventualities, sometimes things will come up that are not covered.

To force the game to play a way that isn't programed yet is ok, all good and fine to call one's self competitive in league X or Y. My issue comes from those that call others bad, without having faced them either using the rules that make the caller "good" or with no rules.

I also wish to believe the only way to get better, is to face those of your own level or higher... the only way to get people to your level, if you are above them, is to train them.

I never told anybody to "Stop looking down on people who like to play to win. " stop doing what they were doing.
I never said anything about participating or not. "There is something wrong with debasing player-made leagues based on your participation or non-participation in them."
I never called out a group of people, "But it needed to come from the person in the thread who was actually putting down (in any way) any other group of people." Just a style of play using player created rules, not the players them selves.

After saying "I'll even give you a few examples of where this might NOT be the case in my own play experience: many MMORPG/moba systems in-game, including LoL and WoW. "
A video about a player in wow, is used, to describe how people need to have respect, that's All that is really needed everybody needs respect for everybody else. We all play the SAME game, and without the bads, the goods wouldn't have a game. Without the goods, the bad's wouldn't have a game, we're all Mechwarriors, I don't know why somebody has to be better than somebody else.

A question that was asked, was good in what. A clarification question. Somebody who wasn't even in the conversation Attacked me for saying sigh,

When saying "The game isn't in a state to start claiming best or worst yet, so when people try to do so, it's fake." I was attacking people who claim somebody is best or worst, but thats more of a dig on the game state not being complete than anything else.

saying sigh, shows displeasure... it doesn't "SAY" anything, other than I'm displeased with the way something was said.

#37 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 18 January 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Indeed , if you win 12-<6 , you say gg in the team chat, as your team did nothing to make you lose or won by overwhelming skill. And the losing side if not pocked should quietly reflect. This is the best relationship I can expect. .. Still .. gotta love the LORD xxxxx after a roll by a profi premade , lately it's more funny than anythig as even they should know they just killed a bunch of "kid" level players in some of the most entertaining mech builds most of the time :) .

Its even better when some people falsely claim they are lords and get rolled by the real ones. If you'd see the amount of chat macros my mwo keyboard profile had, lol. Its also a nice touch to do the job for your buddies and announce them for themselves with a macro, saving them from typing it. Gentlemanship at its best. The best combination of these are announcing people as lords where they aren't and watch them get extremely uncomfortable.

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 17 January 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Top in what? Top in player made tournaments. Congrats. (sigh)

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 18 January 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

Lets be clear, you were disrespecting all the grassroot tournaments, teams, players who ever participated in them, doubting its an accomplishment at all, when if you'd know anything about them, you'd know an official tournament would end up having roughly the same participants, ruleset, and probably results to. Your bluff got called by those very people, and now you're here writing walls of text, figuring out an elegant way of backtracking.

Edited by Chavette, 18 January 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#38 Gut

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Ideas which represent what I do, and as such, myself. I therefore get to defend myself.

Rule sets, (quoted from the marik civil war as an example) The rule book, at time of writing, is over 11 pages long and comes in at over 7500 words. Definitely bigger than any other community warfare rules out there, possibly as big as all the others put together. The point is that while we strive tto enclude rules for any and all eventualities, sometimes things will come up that are not covered.

Sports have referees. So do we. And guess what, even referees are wrong sometimes, but they're there in every single sport for this reason.

To force the game to play a way that isn't programed yet is ok, all good and fine to call one's self competitive in league X or Y. My issue comes from those that call others bad, without having faced them either using the rules that make the caller "good" or with no rules.

Then call out those specific players. Not the ideas behind them.

I also wish to believe the only way to get better, is to face those of your own level or higher... the only way to get people to your level, if you are above them, is to train them.

We put our videos out pretty publicly. Study them as much as you want. Not that I personally am saying we're higher. But that we have won an awful lot of these tournaments.

I never told anybody to "Stop looking down on people who like to play to win. " stop doing what they were doing.
I never said anything about participating or not. "There is something wrong with debasing player-made leagues based on your participation or non-participation in them."
I never called out a group of people, "But it needed to come from the person in the thread who was actually putting down (in any way) any other group of people." Just a style of play using player created rules, not the players them selves.

Again, you called out the ideals behind these people and expressed your displeasure at what they as a group supposedly do. If I had ever said "man pugging is the worst way to play the game, I hate people who use 4-mans," then I would be insulting ALL those people that only play single-four mans. I am allowed to defend what I do.

After saying "I'll even give you a few examples of where this might NOT be the case in my own play experience: many MMORPG/moba systems in-game, including LoL and WoW. "
A video about a player in wow, is used, to describe how people need to have respect, that's All that is really needed everybody needs respect for everybody else. We all play the SAME game, and without the bads, the goods wouldn't have a game. Without the goods, the bad's wouldn't have a game, we're all Mechwarriors, I don't know why somebody has to be better than somebody else.

Because this is a game designed where one side wins and one side loses. So is WoW. So are MOST games, most sports, most auditions, most of life. Some people are good at certain aspects of life, and bad at others. I suck at cooking. I'm okay with saying I will never win a cooking competition, for example. I'm okay with saying others are better at me at something. I'm also okay with saying I'm trying my best at what I am good at: teaching (I teach high school at a Title 1 school), and gaming. If someone is better at me even at the things I'm good at, I will gladly acknowledge that. Just because some others would not and are jerks about it doesn't mean you should be disgruntled with that part of the community.

A question that was asked, was good in what. A clarification question. Somebody who wasn't even in the conversation Attacked me for saying sigh.

I'm picking apart the feelings behind what someone says because it applies to myself. Also, it's not an attack unless I ever say "man this 'person x' really sucks and should leave the game." I would never say something like that. I actually don't like the attitude of the person in the video.

When saying "The game isn't in a state to start claiming best or worst yet, so when people try to do so, it's fake." I was attacking people who claim somebody is best or worst, but thats more of a dig on the game state not being complete than anything else.

These people are entitled to their own opinions just like you are yours. And I expect you to defend your opinions if you post them publicly just like I'd hope you would think they are entitled to defend theirs.

saying sigh, shows displeasure... it doesn't "SAY" anything, other than I'm displeased with the way something was said.

Your sigh was meant for the competitive community. It read as if you thought the whole thing beneath you and your notice. If you don't want to make that mistake again, please clarify it further.

Please let me know if I have not been clear.

#39 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostChavette, on 18 January 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Lets be clear, you were disrespecting all the grassroot tournaments, teams, players who ever participated in them, doubting its an accomplishment at all, when if you'd know anything about them, you'd know an official tournament would end up having roughly the same participants, ruleset, and probably results to. Your bluff got called by those very people, and now you're here writing walls of text, figuring out an elegant way of backtracking.

^ This sums it up pretty well.

You came into this thread and made a mistake, fluffypinkbunny. I wouldn't bother trying to cover it up now.

You got called out on it, and now the only thing left for you to do is get out of this thread and never post in it again.

#40 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I didn't make any mistakes I asked a question of one person, and another person answered with something totally different?

I asked for one thing to be clarified by the op, it got clarified by the op, the rest of the discussion is off topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users