#141 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 January 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

AC/20 range is too limited to support the PPCs at an optimal fighting range. The closer you get the more screwed you'll be. The Misery's advantage is not point blank; in fact it's a huge disadvantage. The small lasers are a low heat "Panic" function, if you're that close you won't live long at all. You'll be dismembered and slaughtered with ease.

Having an AC/20 makes you want to get close. Getting close is suicide, but so is staying too far. The speed of the AC/20 shots is also so terrible that it won't be any good at range or against fast targets, while the AC/5 never fails to register.

Good point. My problem is that I can't make AC5, ultra AC5 work to save my soul so I'm trying alternatives. Perhaps the AC10 or LBX10. I have a good track record with those.

#142 Grimwit

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostBrienne, on 18 January 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

Any chance to get a discount for CN9 -YLW soon?

They just did about a month ago...

#143 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostRegulus1990, on 18 January 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Good point. My problem is that I can't make AC5, ultra AC5 work to save my soul so I'm trying alternatives. Perhaps the AC10 or LBX10. I have a good track record with those.

Those could work. LB-10x is good for finding weak points. AC/10 can work like a third PPC without the issues of heat -- kinda like this Awesome shot against an AC/40 Jager. Of the two, the LB-10x's shots travel faster than the AC/10's.

The AC/5, fire it at the same time as the PPCs; they travel at almost the same speed. It can also fire a second time before the PPCs are ready to fire, so it can make up for being only 5 damage easily enough.

The trick is when they are too close or you are too hot, stop firing the PPCs and switch to cannon, lasers, missiles. When cooled off enough, hit reverse at full speed and hammer 'em with the PPCs again.

(Two of the recent-esque vids of the Misery, I need to make more because I almost always do good with this.)
Good action; terrible aim for me on this one.

Best combat moments here are after 7 minutes in, but throughout the whole thing is a fairly good amount of humor.

This is the original design and setup which inspired my current one that has withstood the test of time; a pair of twin Miseries with 3 ML, 2 PPCs, Ultra AC/5 (the AC/5 is slapped in the video as it's the match right after the "8 PPCs and a Gauss" fight where my lost was because of the UAC/5 jamming more than it fired) and SRM-4.

Edited by Koniving, 18 January 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#144 Sega1

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Don't waste your money. Don't let them get rich. First let that make the game good? Only empty promises.

#145 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostPeiper, on 17 January 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Oh, shizzle! I thought that with the picture of the Atlas crosschecking the Dragon this was an announcement that collision and melee damage was added in. Oh well...

At least the sun shines here on my island.

I know, right? I did the same thing...saw this and got all excited. Big frownie face.

#146 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostGeek Verve, on 17 January 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

With all the outbursts about something a trivial as an obviously reversed sale price, it's no wonder PGI ignores most of what this gaming community has to say. Frack, I would too. It's ridiculous.

Honestly, they did it to themselves. Granted there would always be some nutjobs and trolls, but PGI could have mitigated a lot of what we see now and they actively chose not to do so. In fact, a lot of the older players on here would argue that PGI acted as if they wanted things to go this way, and they would be reasonable in that belief. PGI officials have provided plenty of antagonistic forum responses, belittling twitter posts, and have generally come off as though they wanted to start fights. Irresponsible customer and player management from PGI have almost guaranteed that the forum would be full of bitter posts and trolls.

Granted, I'm not defending the trolls, but I am saying that absolutely no one should be shocked that this happened. This is exactly what happens when a company goes out of its way to tick off a large percentage of its customers. If they want reasonable responses to their broadcasts, then they should try to reverse the ill will they themselves have generated. And no, a non-apology apology doesn't count.

Otherwise, things will just continue this way until it either gets boring for the trolls, or the whole thing dies. It is what it is.

#147 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostBrienne, on 18 January 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

Any chance to get a discount for CN9 -YLW soon?

Don't worry YLW shows up pretty often in the hero mech sales.

#148 Adahlin

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Nice Sale, Atlas TBH ;)

#149 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostRegulus1990, on 18 January 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Yea I put an AC/10 in mine.

#150 Gyrefalcon

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 17 January 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Eh, we know it'll be back at some point. I'll be glad to wait, if I don't have to deal with all the problems that the old collision system had last year. When it does come back, I'll want collision damage/weight differential to be a big part of it, after all you might want it back, but if losing half your armour is the price of ramming your Hunchback into that Stalker, then you'll certainly be trying to avoid collisions. ;)

I don't remember the offset being that bad, but if your right then it should be fixed. As long as, in the example you listed, the Hunchback gets the worst of the deal. If it's too close to even then it's just as broken. (I remember one guy I talked to last year, thought he should be able to topple my Atlas with his Jenner)

#151 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostIqfishLP, on 18 January 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

I don't get why all these famous PGI-bashers don't get tired of this.

Is it really fun to spend hours and hours a day on the forums, telling us that MWO lacks content, Paul is as evil as cancelor Palpatine and shout your childish "NOPE" anywhere you go?

The funny thing is, if this game would annoy you as much as all you guys say, you would not be here posting anymore ;)

I give this post a five-shield rating, my white knight friend.

#152 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

I'm standing firm with this attitude:

N.O.P.E.

Sorry PGI

#153 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Take my money PGI, I will fund this game until it crashes and burns, to the end of time.

#154 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostBiglead, on 17 January 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

What I see is a lot of people raging over nothing of importance. Do you know what PGI would do if you called them out on the error via support ticket? They would give you the actual correct deal and everyone would go about their day.

People here just want something to cry about.

If they were competent in general people would overlook the small stuff. But it is not the first time they messed up their promotional material and they mess up everything in general. Including lying for about a year about working on the game. They were acting like it was on life support since they didn't know they could get an extension on the license. While saying everything was A OK. That tends to lead to people picking nits at the least. There are several studios that deserve white knighting over unreasonable expectations from the player base. PGI is not one of them and I hope you find something else to defend. Perhaps even something that deserves it.

Good Luck.

#155 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostJAFO, on 18 January 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Money Grab......... Gimick... Scam.... Don't do it.

Sale on mechs that are already in game at higher MC prices.... is a scam?

+ 1 for Logic! ;)

#156 Kreuger

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI USA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

View PostSega1, on 18 January 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Don't waste your money. Don't let them get rich. First let that make the game good? Only empty promises.

LoL get rich. You don't know many game developers do you?

#157 Quinton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 134 posts
  • LocationThe Wasteland

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

N.O.P.E.

#158 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Good lord my island is getting crowded. Go find your own, damnit!

#159 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostThuzel, on 18 January 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Honestly, they did it to themselves. Granted there would always be some nutjobs and trolls, but PGI could have mitigated a lot of what we see now and they actively chose not to do so. In fact, a lot of the older players on here would argue that PGI acted as if they wanted things to go this way, and they would be reasonable in that belief. PGI officials have provided plenty of antagonistic forum responses, belittling twitter posts, and have generally come off as though they wanted to start fights. Irresponsible customer and player management from PGI have almost guaranteed that the forum would be full of bitter posts and trolls.

Granted, I'm not defending the trolls, but I am saying that absolutely no one should be shocked that this happened. This is exactly what happens when a company goes out of its way to tick off a large percentage of its customers. If they want reasonable responses to their broadcasts, then they should try to reverse the ill will they themselves have generated. And no, a non-apology apology doesn't count.

Otherwise, things will just continue this way until it either gets boring for the trolls, or the whole thing dies. It is what it is.

NGNG episode #100 didn't help, where right out the gate, Russ jokes he's selling $100 gold T shirts that read "I'm on an Island," then gets excited about the one new thing that will be working rock solid right away...

...The Store.

Stay classy, PGI.

Edited by The Unknown Pilot, 19 January 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#160 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostSega1, on 18 January 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

It is a good game as it is. Yes, it will be better when they finish the features that they have been teasing us with for ages, but I would rather have a working product, then rushed bells and whistles. Keep whining, I am sure it will make a difference.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook