Phoenix Package Have Exclusive Colors?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Is that true or not? I don't remember seeing exclusive colors only exclusive camo. If its true why did they do that? Why not sell the colors rather then make the later players lose that chance of those things? I know this applies to cockpit items but who else is going to see them besides you and the dead person on your team.

EDIT: relevance is the fact the packs were preorder to certain mechs.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 30 January 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

They weren't exclusive, just a good deal. My Talon package gave me three phoenix colors and three hot rod colors. Anyone can buy those for MC.

(On Edit) Might be incorrect here, no way to verify on my end.

Edited by Spheroid, 30 January 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#3 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 30 January 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

They weren't exclusive, just a good deal. My Talon package gave me three phoenix colors and three hot rod colors. Anyone can buy those for MC.

When one of my friends tried they had a problem they couldnt find the Phoenix colors to buy.

#4 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Founder colors are exclusive. They can only be used on the (F) 'Mechs.

Sarah's colors are exclusive. They can only be used on the (S) Jenner.

Phoenix colors are exclusive to those who purchased a Phoenix package. They can be used on any 'Mech.

Hotrod colors and pattern are not exclusive. The colors can be purchased and used on any 'Mech. The pattern can be purchased and used on any non-special 'Mech.

Clan Prime colors will likely be exclusive to those who purchased a Clan package. They will likely be usable on any 'Mech. Just like the Phoenix colors.

If there are "Social Reward" colors and pattern for the Clan package, they will not be exclusive. The colors will likely be purchasable and usable on any 'Mech. The pattern will likely be purchasable and usable on any non-special 'Mech. Just like the other "Social Reward" colors and pattern -- Hotrod.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 30 January 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#5 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 30 January 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Founder colors are exclusive. They can only be used on the (F) 'Mechs.

Sarah's colors are exclusive. They can only be used on the (S) Jenner.

Phoenix colors are exclusive to those who purchased a Phoenix package. They can be used on any 'Mech.

Hotrod colors and pattern are not exclusive. The colors can be purchased and used on any 'Mech. The pattern can be purchased and used on any non-special 'Mech.

Clan Prime colors will likely be exclusive to those who purchased a Clan package. They will likely be usable on any 'Mech. Just like the Phoenix colors.

If there are "Social Reward" colors and pattern for the Clan package, they will not be exclusive. The colors will likely be purchasable and usable on any 'Mech. The pattern will likely be purchasable and usable on any non-special 'Mech. Just like the other "Social Reward" colors and pattern -- Hotrod.

Thank you for clearing this up.

#6 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

These "exclusive" colors can be replaced with other similar color, the red and black are duplicates. The grey who likes to turn greenish in maps is unique though.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 30 January 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

These "exclusive" colors can be replaced with other similar color, the red and black are duplicates. The grey who likes to turn greenish in maps is unique though.

I said nothing about the colors being unique. Now that you brought it up though, they are actually unique.

Exclusive doesn't mean that only those colors can be used on those 'Mechs. It just means that those colors cannot be used on any other 'Mechs -- only the ones the colors were designed for. You can put different colors on a Phoenix 'Mech if you want, but you cannot put the Phoenix colors on any other 'Mech. Just like you can put different colors on a Founder 'Mech if you want, but you cannot put Founder colors on any other 'Mech. The Founder/Phoenix colors are exclusive to those 'Mechs only.

#8 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 30 January 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

The Phoenix Grey is a warmer grey whereas the PC Gamer Grey is a bit on the yellow side. The Phoenix Red is a brighter red but a slight hue difference between it and the Hot Rod Bight Red. The Phoenix Red is slightly brighter.

#9 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 01 February 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

You can put different colors on a Phoenix 'Mech if you want, but you cannot put the Phoenix colors on any other 'Mech. Just like you can put different colors on a Founder 'Mech if you want, but you cannot put Founder colors on any other 'Mech. The Founder/Phoenix colors are exclusive to those 'Mechs only.

My Phoenix-colored Orion M begs to differ.

Phoenix colors are exclusive to Phoenix package owners, not to Phoenix package Mechs. If you bought a Phoenix package, you can use the colors on any Mechs that you own. The same is true for PC Gamer colors - if you own the colors, you can use them on any of your Mechs.

Founders colors are limited to Founders Mechs. They aren't even listed as colors - they're just the default colors that you can always return to on your Founders Mechs. Same for Sarah's Jenner's colors.

You had it right in your first post... probably just got scrambled while writing the second one.

#10 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

The hot rod colours were not exclusive. the pheonix black/grey/red were

They used the phoenix flame pattern as an extra and exclusive if there were big enough sales, which were achieved.

At the start of the month, they decided to rename this hotrod and make it availble to everyone at a price and the pheonix package people got it for free.

When people complained that it was an exclusive it had been advertised as an exclusive and they were breaking the fair trade laws by offering it as an incentive, exclusive, and then taking it away, they changed the advertising on the website but not before people had taken copies of the website where it was clearly labeled an exclusive.

I'm guessing none took PGI to court over this because they would have lost, though of course the people taking action would have received a life time ban for calling pgi on their lack of honesty.

There was a large amount of angst and hate over it and until you brought the subject up, had blown over overty.

Of course it had the long lasting effect of people not trusting PGI anymore and why a lot of people have held back over the clan deals, because its been proven you can't trust a word they say when it comes to pre orders

Edited by Cathy, 01 February 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#11 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 01 February 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

You had it right in your first post... probably just got scrambled while writing the second one.

Yeah, I switched the Phoenix non-exclusivity with the Sarah exclusivity.

#12 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostCathy, on 01 February 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

They used the phoenix flame pattern as an extra and exclusive if there were big enough sales, which were achieved.

At the start of the month, they decided to rename this hotrod and make it availble to everyone at a price and the pheonix package people got it for free.

When people complained that it was an exclusive it had been advertised as an exclusive and they were breaking the fair trade laws by offering it as an incentive, exclusive, and then taking it away, they changed the advertising on the website but not before people had taken copies of the website where it was clearly labeled an exclusive.

I'm guessing none took PGI to court over this because they would have lost, though of course the people taking action would have received a life time ban for calling pgi on their lack of honesty.

There was a large amount of angst and hate over it and until you brought the subject up, had blown over overty.

Of course it had the long lasting effect of people not trusting PGI anymore and why a lot of people have held back over the clan deals, because its been proven you can't trust a word they say when it comes to pre orders

You know what? I bet if enough people agreed that they would sue them in court the profits of said game wouldn't mater they would have scrapped this game and then finally someone better will pick it up or it would just be a dead IP "Which is sad anyway"

Thats of course the offense wins. But I love PGI so far but um I have not been here long enough to see them do bad things I don't know what else to think.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 01 February 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#13 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostCathy, on 01 February 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

The former is correct. The latter is incorrect. Phoenix colors can be used on any Mech you own.

In fact it's quite simple - any color you own can be used on any Mech that you own. This includes Phoenix colors, Hotrod colors, Applejack colors... any color you buy either on its own or as part of a package.

The only colors that can't be used on any Mech you own don't even show up in the Mechlab under the Camo/Colors tab. They can only be found as the "baseline" colors for the Mechs that they can be used on. There's no "Founders Yellow" for example, because you don't own it. It's just the baseline color on Founders Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users