- - - - -

Airstrikes Won't Work

13 replies to this topic

#1 Mecha-Gamera

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

I just bought an airstrike module for my Blackjack. I understand that to activate this in game, I have to wait for the airstrike to come online after about a minute, and then I can trigger the airstrike using the end key. Every time I push end, nothing happens. My keyboard isn't broken, I can use the home and end keys just fine when using a word processor or web browser.

#2 BL00D RAVEN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

are you sure that you bought the consumable module (the thing for MC or cbills) and not the upgrades (for gxp)
also make sure they are loaded on your mech in the module slot each game

#3 Mecha-Gamera

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yup. Bought it from the consumables list for 40,000 CB. It shows up under the modules hardpoints column on my mech.

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

If someone else has just used one, you need to wait for the cooldown timer to again reset.

Try it in the testing grounds. You won't have to pay to replenish it when you use it there.

If it doesn't work, I would guess that your keys are remapped and that End is no longer mapped to airstrike. Check Options from the game client home screen, bottom left corner.

Edited by Appogee, 18 January 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#5 Mecha-Gamera

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Tried in the testing grounds, didn't work. The keys are not remapped, I checked.

#6 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostAppogee, on 18 January 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

If someone else has just used one, you need to wait for the cooldown timer to again reset.

Try it in the testing grounds. You won't have to pay to replenish it when you use it there.

If it doesn't work, I would guess that your keys are remapped and that End is no longer mapped to airstrike. Check Options from the game client home screen, bottom left corner.

I read you post and thought I couldn't have said it better my self. Then my eyes strayed to you Sig and :P :D :blink: What is that mech doing to that poor bear?!! :)

View PostRobert Sager, on 18 January 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Tried in the testing grounds, didn't work. The keys are not remapped, I checked.

Try mapping to a different key? Do you have an arty strike, an airstrike or a uav? They are all mapped to different keys.

#7 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I've had this tonight in one game, no matter how much I mashed the button it wouldn't go, others in my 12 man team also had the same - the cool down counter was clear and I had the gold symbol, so it was there and available, just not going to drop >.<

In subsequent matches, it has worked just fine o.O

Edited by Tiger 6, 18 January 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#8 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostTiger 6, on 18 January 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

I've had this tonight in one game, no matter how much I mashed the button it wouldn't go, others in my 12 man team also had the same - the cool down counter was clear and I had the gold symbol, so it was there and available, just not going to drop >.<

In subsequent matches, it has worked just fine o.O

Uh, that's not good to hear.

#9 Mecha-Gamera

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

I remapped it to a different key, and now it works. Not sure why the end key didn't work, but at least I can now rain death upon my enemies. Thanks!

#10 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Just try to not rain death on your teammates.

#11 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

I've had games where all of a sudden I couldn't use the in-game chat modes (T,Y,U) anymore. Doesn't happen often but once or twice every month I get very frustrated with my keyboard.

Luckily this has never happened with the movement or weapons keys.

#12 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostRobert Sager, on 18 January 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I remapped it to a different key, and now it works. Not sure why the end key didn't work, but at least I can now rain death upon my enemies. Thanks!

Maybe your end key is broke? Its one of the least used keys on my board and it doesn't work either. (Since I did try to assign stuff to it, and it wouldn't even register.)

Either way, glad you got it working!

Though I have never had this same issue with anything. I've had my chat functions stop, like Snaga down below.

View PostSnagaDance, on 20 January 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

I've had games where all of a sudden I couldn't use the in-game chat modes (T,Y,U) anymore. Doesn't happen often but once or twice every month I get very frustrated with my keyboard.

But otherwise, no issues such as your's, Robert.

HAVE FUN BOMBARDING! :P

Edited by AaronWolf, 20 January 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#13 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostNRP, on 18 January 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Just try to not rain death on your teammates.

Yea... that gets really embarrassing.

Did that in a unit training a few days ago. Saw a blob of opponents in the clear... pressed and arty strike a second before they started moving backwards... plus one in my unit who chose just that time to come around a corner and start moving towards them as well. Ended up missing every opponent and getting a clean team kill.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 20 January 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#14 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 20 January 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

I have had that happen - sometimes Alt-tabbing cures it, sometimes Alt-tabbing seems to cause it. :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users