4 replies to this topic

#1 Jaberwocky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

One of the first games I played on a PC was MW2. The very first game I ever played online multiplayer was MW3. I still remember chasing around a guy named "damn Fly" who piloted a maxed speed Firefly that screwed everyone else up with speed lag as we were almost all exclusively using dial-up.....but that's another post... To celebrate the return of Mechwarrior to the PC, I challenge as many people as possible to complete a PC case mod! Case mods are new to me but many of you have likely been building/painting mechs for years so think of this as a slightly larger scale. My starting point is going to be the Pepacura paper models for rough scale....and increase that until I can fit a motherboard in somewhere... (10" x 13" x 6"). After much consideration, I'm choosing a Shadowcat as my model, but there are many that would lend themselves well to the scale required. I'm a fantastic procrastinator at times and I work best with deadlines. If people are interested we could post pictures/updates/etc. I think that it would be rather awesome to have a bunch of mech pilots, playing on PC mechs.....playing MWO!

If there is anyone even remotely interested, please feel free to reply :)

Edited by Jaberwocky, 15 November 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#2 PLEXI

• PipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 90 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Interested. Very interested. I'm not sure I'd be able to find the time to do it for quite a while though..

I'd love to see how your Shadow Cat turns out, I'll be following this topic for sure :)

#3 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Note: If he was piloting a Firefly, you're thinking Mechwarrior 3

If it really was Mechwarrior 2, it was a Firemoth

As for myself, I'm buying a new laptop (Would prefer a desktop, but as I'm planning to leave the city, I can't be bogged down with anything hard-to-move if I don't absolutely need to) just for Mechwarrior Online. The only thing is, I wish that there were some sort of way I could decorate the laptop with Battletech-related memorabilia. All I've got is a shadowrun sticker, but nothing of a Battletech nature to adorn the lid.

Edited by ice trey, 15 November 2011 - 03:11 PM.

#4 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

This is one of the coolest Ideas I've heard tossed around. I'm really interested in how this turns out.

#5 Bad Haircut

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

View Postice trey, on 15 November 2011 - 03:08 PM, said:

Note: If he was piloting a Firefly, you're thinking Mechwarrior 3

If it really was Mechwarrior 2, it was a Firemoth

As for myself, I'm buying a new laptop (Would prefer a desktop, but as I'm planning to leave the city, I can't be bogged down with anything hard-to-move if I don't absolutely need to) just for Mechwarrior Online. The only thing is, I wish that there were some sort of way I could decorate the laptop with Battletech-related memorabilia. All I've got is a shadowrun sticker, but nothing of a Battletech nature to adorn the lid.

Check on ebay.
I have found "battletech sticker" puts out a few results worth looking into, also a seller named flighlinefabrications has quite a few. last i saw there was a marauder profile listed somewhere in the store.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users