New Game Mode Idea

No replies to this topic

#1 Sir T

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

The interplay game Star Fleet Command had a novel game mode which resulted in long battles between my friends. What this entailed is that everyone started as a Frigate and when you died you came back as a Destroyer, then a Cruiser and finally a Dreadnaught. I suggest you could work in a similar idea into the game.

Everyone would start as a light then as they die they could respawn as a Medium, then a heavy and finally an assault.

How these mechs would be chosen is either a random selection of the weight class from your stable or Trial mechs, or you could load up your choice of mechs before entering the game.

I think this would allow people to have good long games where they can respawn but would stop the whole problem of respawning. namely that people in lights would win as you cant kill the damn things so they would respawn less times and ultimately win by default.

It certainly would create a good tactical battle where, for example, people would be thinking do they really want to kill a mech as they will be bringing in a heavier mech into the battle.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users