Mc Cbill Exchange.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

I've been playing Neverwinter recently, and they have a feature that I'd like to see here. Players with leftover Zen (their equivalent to MC) can sell them to other players for Astral Diamonds (equivalent to cbills).

It's got a hard floor and ceiling to prevent wild market fluctuations, but it's open otherwise. To be clear: this isn't generating new currency. Someone still had to buy it initially.

My vision is this: I buy an MC package for a hero mech, and I have 73 MC left. I can list them on the exchange market for any price within the limit. Another player who wants some MC can go to the exchange and buy what they need for cbills. I get cbills for MC that I had no use for, and they get MC that they (for whatever reason) were not able to buy.

If you let the price fluctuate between say 50,000 and 150,000 cbills per MC, then a new mech bay would cost between 15 mil and 45 mil cbills. Useful for small things (mech bays, paint, GXP conversion, etc.) or to cover a price gap between an MC package and a hero mech, but big things would still probably be bought with real money (375 mil to 1,125 mil for a Boar's Head).

#2 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Is no one interested in buying/selling MC for cbills? Or am I just restating something that's already been discussed to death?

#3 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

I posted up the same request a while ago, back when I was playing Star Trek Online regularly. They use the same system as Neverwinter Nights, being from the same studio.

http://mwomercs.com/...he-mc-exchange/

Reception to the idea was mixed.

Personally, I'd still like to see it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users