3145 Era, The Clans

16 replies to this topic

#1 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

So, i looked around for info and maps to update myself on the state of the inner sphere and clans, and it's a mess. Anyways, i have some questions.

As of 3145, what happened to:
1. Crusader Wolf? They're missing from the map. Instead, i see empire Wolf in the middle of FWL and Steiner.
2. Clan Sea Fox? Were they abjurred? What are their current holdings in the IS and clan worlds?
3. Spirit Cats? I understand Nova Cats are no more, what happened to their genetic repository? Are they dying out or are they able to rebuild?
4. Snow Ravens? What's their status with the home clans?

Edit: Read some info about Clan Wolf on wiki, answered my question on that. Btw, are they now crusader? warden? Or just one big mess?

Edited by dragnier1, 22 January 2014 - 04:39 AM.

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 22 January 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

Or just one big mess?

I may be showing my ignorance, but near as I can tell.... One big mess pretty well sums it up.
(only real Wolf character I saw in Dark Age was a raving lunatic of a scale last seen with Romano Liao and her father.)

#3 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

1. The Wolf Empire is the original Clan Wolf. They are your Crusader minded wolves while the Clan Wolf-in-Exile wolves are still your Warden minded wolves teaming up with the Lyran Commonwealth.

2. Clan Sea Fox...well, they are moving away from their roaming the Inner Sphere and trading and moving towards the control of planets in addition to the purchasing of the ComStar HPGs since they are useless and they hope that they will one day be reactivated and they will be sitting pretty. If you check into the Free Worlds League, there is an area called the Clan Protectorate which is a dual controlled system by both Clan Sea Foxes and the Spirt Cat splinter group. They control the worlds but under the control of Jessica Marik.

3. Clan Nova Cat is dead. The Combine destroyed all the warriors and the repositories and the lower castes were castrated and made incapable of bearing children. The Spirit Cats do not see themselves as Nova Cats and do not want to be associated with the Nova Cat legacy.

4. Snow Ravens, well they were abjurred from the Home Clan space and have merged with the Outworlds Alliance to create the Raven Alliance. They tried to copy the Ghost Bears with the Rasalhague Dominion, but, since they merged with an Inner Sphere nation instead of a Periphery Nation, they are better off. The Raven Alliance is "weak" compared to its neighbors, the Sword and Dragon, but they are pretty well off comparitively due to the misfortune of House Davion, which to me seems to be in the worst possible position at the moment.

The Dark Age is a mess...will not deny that...however, i will say that Catalyst Games Labs is doing a fantastic job trying to tie the Wizkids direction with CGL's direction which makes it exciting to see how they will push the timeline forward.

*SPOILER*

For anyone that does not have the Field Manual 3145, I am super excited to tell you that Devlin Stone, the creator of the Republic of the Sphere, is still alive and was put into sleep hibernation where he has taken the reigns of the military and is getting ready to take the wall down and retake their lost worlds.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Poor Nova Cats! What an undeserved end for them.. Yeah, the Jihad seems really a mess. Not sure if i look forward to reach it with my readings..

#5 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

View Postdragnier1, on 22 January 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

So, i looked around for info and maps to update myself on the state of the inner sphere and clans, and it's a mess. Anyways, i have some questions.

As of 3145, what happened to:
1. Crusader Wolf? They're missing from the map. Instead, i see empire Wolf in the middle of FWL and Steiner.
2. Clan Sea Fox? Were they abjurred? What are their current holdings in the IS and clan worlds?
3. Spirit Cats? I understand Nova Cats are no more, what happened to their genetic repository? Are they dying out or are they able to rebuild?
4. Snow Ravens? What's their status with the home clans?

Edit: Read some info about Clan Wolf on wiki, answered my question on that. Btw, are they now crusader? warden? Or just one big mess?

OOOOkay. This is gonna be rough. To the best of my knowledge......

1. The Wolves acquired some holdings from the Republic and Clan loyalists who were residing in the Republic of the Sphere. Thanks to their relation to the Lyran Alliance, they decided to abandon their coreward holdings and begin carving out an empire from there.

2. Sea Fox still holds some worlds, but no real consolidated holdings like the Lyrans or Rasalhague Dominion have. They were not Abjured, but they did leave the Clan Homeworlds IIRC (someone please correct me here!)

3. Kurita killed the Nova Cats. Good, the only good Clanner is a dead Clanner.

4. Snow Ravens merged with the Amish, err, Outworlds Alliance and pulled a Ghost Bear of sorts.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostGrey Black, on 22 January 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Even those who help you?

May all the Crusaders see what good did their Crusade do: almost lead to the annihilation of the Clans.

#7 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostGrey Black, on 22 January 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

OOOOkay. This is gonna be rough. To the best of my knowledge......

1. The Wolves acquired some holdings from the Republic and Clan loyalists who were residing in the Republic of the Sphere. Thanks to their relation to the Lyran Alliance, they decided to abandon their coreward holdings and begin carving out an empire from there.

2. Sea Fox still holds some worlds, but no real consolidated holdings like the Lyrans or Rasalhague Dominion have. They were not Abjured, but they did leave the Clan Homeworlds IIRC (someone please correct me here!)

4. Snow Ravens merged with the Amish, err, Outworlds Alliance and pulled a Ghost Bear of sorts.

Where on Terra did you get the information from 1? The reason they carved an empire out was due to two reasons. 1, they wanted a challenge and fighting other clans weren't doing it for them anymore. 2, Melissa Steiner requested their help to destroy the shattered Free Worlds League. The alliance created Operation HAMMERFALL where they invaded and did work against the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. The Wolves, who felt betrayed by the Lyrans, ensued peace with Jessica Marik and then turned and attacked their former allies. The area they carved out was due to the Lyrans getting attacked by the Jade Falcons as well which they werent able to combine forces. Only luck preserved Tharkad and Hesperus from becoming either a Wolf or Falcon world.

2. The Sea Foxes were abjurred due to the Snake Alliance in the home worlds. They expelled everything that had any contact with the Inner Sphere. (edit) The home clans had to remove what they thought was going to plague their way of life. Which is why the Wars of Reavings.

Sad that the Cats were killed. Gone, but never forgotten.

Edited by DerangedShadow, 22 January 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#8 BaconTWOfourACTUAL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Ok.... So I'm going to show my complete ignorance here.... Where are you guys getting this information?

Last time I played Mech Warrior was M-W 2.

I would love to follow along with the lore, should I just read wikis?

#9 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

This is based off the Dark Age miniature stuff.

#10 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

@BaconTWOfourACTUAL

Two books that you should get if you want to get into the info about what has transpired up to the point of 3145.

You need to get Era Report: 3145 and Field Manual 3145. The Field Manual not so much since it deals more with where each nation is at compared to combat capability and where each unit is located. I say to get the Field Manual since it fills in some info that is missing from the Era Report.

Edited by DerangedShadow, 22 January 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#11 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Jihad never happened..........

#12 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 22 January 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

Jihad never happened..........

Keep telling yourself that :D

#13 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Thanks for the replies. I read some info from the 3130 update "Roaming the stars" and what i understand is Clan Sea Fox still hold Twycross, Trondheim and Itabaiana as of 3130. Not sure if the combine tried to take back Itabaiana though. Imperio Escorpio (Goliath Scorpion and Ice Hellion merger) is just south of the pentagon worlds, in between the jump points from the IS to the clan home worlds.

On a side note, Clan Sea Fox appears like this:
"Now onto auction number 501. Here we have a pristine, beautifully made Kit Fox, produced with the best of clan technology. Please refer to page 145 of the provided catalog for details. We now begin the bid at 8 million fox credits, eight million fox credits..."

How does one like a merchant clan is beyond me...

#14 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostDerangedShadow, on 22 January 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Where on Terra did you get the information from 1? The reason they carved an empire out was due to two reasons. 1, they wanted a challenge and fighting other clans weren't doing it for them anymore. 2, Melissa Steiner requested their help to destroy the shattered Free Worlds League. The alliance created Operation HAMMERFALL where they invaded and did work against the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. The Wolves, who felt betrayed by the Lyrans, ensued peace with Jessica Marik and then turned and attacked their former allies. The area they carved out was due to the Lyrans getting attacked by the Jade Falcons as well which they werent able to combine forces. Only luck preserved Tharkad and Hesperus from becoming either a Wolf or Falcon world.

2. The Sea Foxes were abjurred due to the Snake Alliance in the home worlds. They expelled everything that had any contact with the Inner Sphere. (edit) The home clans had to remove what they thought was going to plague their way of life. Which is why the Wars of Reavings.

Sad that the Cats were killed. Gone, but never forgotten.

Thanks for the correction, but my memory of Bonfire of Worlds is somewhat hazy. I do remember that the wolves got sick of Steiner ******** and turned from Marik towards Tharkad, but didn't remember the exact circumstances that led to it.

On a side note, do we know what happened to Alaric's claim to the Steiner throne?

#15 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostGrey Black, on 24 January 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

On a side note, do we know what happened to Alaric's claim to the Steiner throne?

He was called Alaric Wolf in the books, but he was able to get the Bloodname of Ward. Which is interesting due to the fact that he is a clone from Katherine Steiner-Davion and her brother Victor Steiner-Davion. So he does have claim to the throne of the Lyran Commonwealth but for how he got his bloodname is beyond what I can think of.

This is my personal opinion here, but I believe that Catalyst is going to combine the Lyran Commonwealth and the Wolf Empire once they finally push the timeline forward. Speculation on the battletech forums has the new sourcebook going to push the timeline to 3250 with another book coming out titled the ilClan. With those rumors one could assume that the new Lyran Wolf Empire (combining the two) would make a claim as the most powerful Clan in the Inner Sphere and that all should obey their rule. Pure speculation mind you, but it is always fun to think how it might happen.

#16 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostGrey Black, on 24 January 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

It is mostly irrelevant. Just a move so the collaborateurs within his own domain can tell themselves they follow a somehow legitimate ruler.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users